Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » The library (Dungeon of all) (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Novarion (played by Novarion)

THIS IS NOW CLOSED (if everyone involved remains around. If any back out or are no show after a few days someone else may join so if you are interested leave a note so I can squeeze you in. Even late game you can join in if someone leaves. This is an rp people can jump in late to.)

I will start by saying this. It does not matter what genre, what world, what time you are from. You fit into this rp.

Known by so many names it's not worth calling it anything other then "the library". A place of knowledge, information, and wisdom. A place filled with treasures of ages long past. Or so the legends go. The truth of this place is far more reaching. The library is inter-dimensional and has an entrance on nearly every world, in every dimension, across every universe. Finding it is not always easy, most are hidden away, deep underground, far below the sea, or hiding amongst the clouds. Some civilizations are based around this odd entrance, sending warriors in to best it, to prove they are warriors, others fear it as the gate to hell, the underworld, the land of the dead, and others further see it as the gate to heaven throwing their dead inside, or the dying, to join the gods or God above.

The rp starts out with our characters entering. Starting on the same floor. The library has rules as all libraries do. A plaque on a pedestal as we enter states the six rules.

Rules:
1) No loud noises. They attract the creatures and monsters inside.
2) Time stands still here. You will not die from hunger, age, or dehydration. You will still get hungry, thirsty, and lose muscle as time goes on if you just do nothing.
3) No backsies. Once you get to a floor there is no turning back, to the outside or the previous floor.
4) Guardians: all floors have a guardian. You may not proceed to the next floor till they are defeated.
5) Each floor is different in some way, be it an advantage or disadvantage to the Guardian, or all around weird. One thing remains constant. There will always be shelves. All end walls of the floor are shelves, there are toppled bookshelves leading up to a higher level (different from a floor.)
6) Memories of the final floor will be wiped upon exiting. The amount of floors is something decided together, because for all we know we started on the fifth last floor of an ever expanding library. (It expands downward, never up, so no random floor additions.)

(This is OOC rules here now.)

1) No true god characters.
2) If someone plays the dodge card to much then I as GM will perform a role to what I see as fit to the situation and character. This is free form for the most part unless someone asks their character to have rolls done for them.
3) you will be hurt in here. No one ideal out unscathed. Some may lose limbs, but then again, the ending might be worth it, some though might just lose their lives.
4) Post order will not be ignored. If someone is absent for more then two WHOLE days since the last post in the thread, then they may be skipped after asking my permission. Anyone who does not follow will be expelled from playing.

(I put four as A number I would like to see, but am not against more people wanting to join. Maximum of twelve people/ characters (if you would like to play multiple characters))

Edit: Perma-death is a thing in here but because this is multi-versed that means so too are the characters. Yoh can bring them back in from a different universe, similar sure, but something must be different. EI Nova dies. I can bring her back next floor but from a different universe, meaning different spec, hairstyle, personality, favourite weapon, race. It also means her memories are different and she has none of the library.
Magic 100%
Mundane? What's that? Magic permeates every part of the setting. Almost everyone has access to strong magic.
Technology 100%
Far future, perhaps galactic teleporters and fast terraforming
Combat 90%
The world IS war, but there may be RPs that don't feature it. Warhammer Fantasy/40k, etc.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

AlexanderNoriega

I am interested. Should I just post my questions here or pm them to you?
Novarion (played by Novarion) Topic Starter

Either or. I am open for any questions.
AlexanderNoriega

How does this rp handle combat?
Nomad

This sounds like a lot of fun, I think my character Raven would be good for this.
BossMcFloss

A library? Selekir would be at home in any. And monsters to fight? Not out of the norm, my character Selekir Terendil would fit I feel.
Revan

Would it be alright if I joined? I have little experience with fantasy but I know the basics if that means anything.
Sounds awsome! Would any of my characters work?

Did this once before with a kitsune, a poison golem, an elf, WW2 Soldier. Any and all characters are welcome to join other then true god characters. By true I mean no way to kill them. Otherwise you can play Zues if you want.

Starting the rp up on this Thursday. It won't be closed immediately, but I will be closing it soon after.
Conner Mort (played by greenbowers)

Can I join? It's about time I get some action.

Yep. It's starting up tomorrow for the first post.
I'd like to join, if there's room for one more?

Still a little wiggle room.
Knight Vallus (played by Niinokmir)

I would love to join this with Vallus!

Alright. I sent a new message to include you two.

THIS IS NOW CLOSED (if everyone involved remains around. If any back out or are no show after a few days someone else may join so if you are interested leave a note so I can squeeze you in. Even late game you can join in if someone leaves.)

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » The library (Dungeon of all) (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus