Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » The world below (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Novarion (played by Novarion)

(I will be keeping track of it all on this thread in this original post)

The Gods creations were many, but split amongst the many races, all clamouring for the top. Wars ensued and rivalries flourished into flowers of blood.

Not everyone viewed this as an ideal world and would rather just all get along. The goddess Hathet heard these peoples plea and led them one by one, family by family into caves, her domain. The caves wound around till finally exiting into what was thought of as the outside, but upon further investigation one could see it was an underground world.

The goddess gave her all to being the peoples light, a large orb of light on the ceiling of this underground world (changes to a dark blue at night to simulate night. Pockets of metals on the cieling reflecting the light to appear like stars.)

Though it was underground, the place was vast, larger then any kingdom and closed off from the outside. That was until six hundred years later.

The surface dwellers have broken through and had come in peace initially, but upon returning to their homeland, now bring war machines and monsters to flood the underground world for its resources. Having been at war so long their technology far exceeds the dwellers. With no hope to win the people prayed to the goddess for help and she has answered.

The goddess has summoned the heroes.

The guidelines

1) PICK YOUR RACE
Everyone is from earth and WAS human from the same year of 2020 (hoverboards and cars are now a public thing, floating only five feet at most from their object, but roads now go up buildings as well as they defy gravity while MOVING only. (No you can not bring anything future tech other then the clothes on your back)). What you appear as in the new world is irrelevant. You either remained human or were turned into one of the other races.

Races include
-Elf: Your basic looking elves, long ears, long hair (which they protect above even their life (only second to the forest)) and quite tall averaging at six feet and seven inches tall. They live amongst the forest and tend to them, weaving magic to help them grow and sustain life. Contrary to what most would think, elves are quite temperamental, quickly driving off anyone who wishes to harm the forest or harvest before the plants, trees, or animals are ready. They are not to be mistaken for unreasonable, just serious tree huggers.
¤Perks: Dex +1 Int +2 Mag +3
-Human: Is not the most abundant but is considered of the higher intellects, more so a race that prides itself in inventing then anything else. They are usually entrepreneurs, craftsmen, or politicians, the majority of the minor politicians being human.
¤Perks: Str: +2 Int +2 Dex +2
-Nekogami: A human lookalike race with cat ears and tail with some major sideburns (hairs and furs come in a large variety of near every colour in existence). This race composes the majority of the guards or hunters amongst the races, along side the Cerbis, do to their quick, agile strength, counter to the Cerbis. Mischievous in nature, most crimes themselves are performed by the very same people who make up the majority of the guard. Ironic isn't it?
¤Perks: Int +1 Str +2 Dex +3
-Dwarf: Not to be confused by other mythical tales. These dwarves only sit at averages just below humans at four feet and six inches. Easily gets along with the humans, draconis, and the guards as they are a people priding themselves on craftsmanship (though they seem to have a natural rivalry with the elves.), going as far as naming everything they invent. Most are the burly type and the first born is always female, majority after are boys, though random.
¤Perks: Dex +1 Int +2 Str +3
-Draconic: Scales, tail, dragon like features. Very rare though can one breathe fire, but most are adept at fire magic making them ideal assistance to the dwarves or excellent bakers. They are a rather timid race contrary to their appearance and so quite a few go on to become great visionary scholars of their days, bringing about revolutions to how one think upon the world.
¤Perks: Dex +1 Mag +2 Int +3
-Cerbis: A race of dog like people that comprise a large portion of the guards with the Nekogami. Straight laced and to the book, most Cerbis are commander material. The conflict comes from loyalty, if two sides clash where they are loyal to both they have troubles taking action.
¤Perks: Mag +1 Dex +2 Str +3
Shark Kin: A species of nomadic aquatic creatures bearing human like qualities. They pride themselves in their incredible agility, and will not hesitate to flaunt their skills. Although they may seem barbaric, they are able to trade and interact with civilization.
¤Perks: Int +1 Dex +2 Str +3

2) Place your points

Everyone gets fifteen starting points to put where they want. Yes luck is a stat and no no race has a luck perk because no race is luckier then the other. All stats start out as 1. Place your points how you want and then add on any perks.

Hp: every 1 point gives 10 hp
Str: for every point you can lift 5lb up from 75% of your weight
Mag: Magic power. Easy enough?
Int: How smart you are, also affects the mana pool. More mana means more magic to cast.
Dex: your speed and hand to eye coordination skills
Lck: a falling stalagmite crushes the kobold. An example.

3) Pick thy sword!
Not actually, but pick your weapon of choice. This is a weapon the goddess herself has gifted you and it is the only weapon you may use. As you level so to does your weapon, feeding it different things can change how it grows. Feed it enough dragons blood and it turns into a dragon weapon, feed it a bunch of herbs and it turns into an auto regen weapon. Your moves are all to your weapon and not the individual. (Can't absorb attacks to use as ability material.)

4) LEVELING
As you could guess, everyone starts at lv:1 Exp is minimal in this game though to level is not the hardest thing in the world.
Ie
Think quickly and you get 1 exp
Slay a dragon and you get 100 exp.
To level one must acquire the proper amount of exp, the total needed being 50+(N×50) N being you level. Every level gives 3 stat points to put where you wish. Exp carries over, but the exp to level up is deducted from your total after. So get 100 exp while level 1 and you take 50 off that for what is carried over leaving you with 50 left. Have 49 exp and get 100, then your total is 149, but after deducting you got 99carries over. (Math. Who likes math? Made it pretty simple for an exp system.)

5) Combat
I can already here it. But how does this system work?
It is your stat vs theirs. Your Str vs their Int for example. Whoever wins gets their roll, be it a damage roll or an evasion, parry, block, or random roll. All rolls are out of ten and the higher you get the more successful. The random roll is out of however many possibilities there are. Usually only do out of ten choices, but it varies. Simple system that many can figure out.

Name:
Level: 1
Race:
Weight:

Stats:
-Hp:
-Str:
-Int:
-Dex:
-Mag:
-Lck:

THE BEGINNING

We all find ourselves waking up from sleeping atop the hands of the goddess' statue. The priest had prayed and prayed until the statue put her hands side by side and a light shone down through the window and upon the hands. It fits all of us and then some atop the hands. That's as much help as we get. Wait for the ladder to get down.

Four players total (myself included in those numbers) and it is long term so be ready.
Magic 90%
Magic is very common. Magic-tech, grand floating islands, forests that sing, magical creatures may be an every-day occurrence.
Technology 40%
Industrial revolution
Combat 70%
More combat than not. The setting may be at war, and the characters will likely get involved whether or not they seek it out.

Details: Occasional dice use, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

Novarion Topic Starter

Track sheet:

Name: Novarion Vetierium
Race: Nekogami
Weight: 100lb
Weapon: Shield

Stats: 15
-Hp: 10
-Str: 6
-Int: 2
-Dex: 7
-Mag: 1
-Lck: 1

Name: Hiro Umeki
Weight: 89 lbs
Weapon: Tekko (wooden knuckles)

-Hp: 5
-Str: 4
-Int: 5
-Mag: 3
-Lck: 3

Name: Adonaar
Race: Draconic
Weight:200 LBS
Weapon: Arm blades

Stats:
-Hp:7
-Str:4
-Int:4
-Dex:2
-Mag:3
-Lck:5
Hiro Umeki (played by AlexanderNoriega)

Cool, I want to join.

Name: Hiro Umeki
Weight: 89 lbs
Weapon: Tekko (wooden knuckles)

Stats:
-Hp: 5
-Str: 4
-Int: 5
-Mag: 3
-Lck: 3
Novarion Topic Starter

Checks out.

It seems something was missing out of the weapon section though. It's how all abilities are gained in this rp.
Hiro Umeki (played by AlexanderNoriega)

Novarion wrote:
Checks out.

It seems something was missing out of the weapon section though. It's how all abilities are gained in this rp.

I don't understand what was missing.
Novarion Topic Starter

As you level so to does your weapon, feeding it different things can change how it grows. Feed it enough dragons blood and it turns into a dragon shield, feed it a bunch of herbs and it turns into an auto regen weapon. Your moves are all to your weapon and not the individual. (Can not absorb attacks to use as ability material.)

Not sure how all that was missing. (Might have just imagined typing it out.)
Novarion Topic Starter

Bump
Jian Ya (played by Quantipede)

Dropping this here. I modeled my stats using yours as a reference. Tell me if I need to make adjustments.

Track sheet:

Name: Jian Ya
Race: Shark Kin
Weight: 147 lbs
Weapon: Twin Serrated Machetes

-Hp: 1 ( +1 )
-Str: 1 ( +6 ) ( +2 )
-Int: 1 ( +3 ) ( +1 )
-Dex: 1 ( +6 ) ( +3 )
-Mag: 1 ( +0 )
-Lck: 1 ( +3 )

Shark Kin: a species of nomadic aquatic creatures bearing human like qualities. They pride themselves in their incredible agility, and will not hesitate to flaunt their skills. Although they may seem barbaric, they are able to trade and interact with civilization. Str +2 Int +1 Dex +3
Novarion Topic Starter

Perfectly fine.
Novarion Topic Starter

You are missing a few points though.

Every stat starts at 1 without anything added, then add race perks, then place your points.

If you can, pass me a layout of the species like I did for the others, general attitudes, perks, living conditions, and so on. If not I can whip up my own for them.

Open slots: 1

Edited it.
Novarion Topic Starter

The first two are fine, but no species is born lucky in this. Has to be one of the others.

How about this.
Novarion Topic Starter

It's not a used combination so all checks out. Adding in the shark people race. A question though.

Are they humans with shark features (tail, gills, webbing, Dorsal fin, teeth) or is it sharks with human traits? (Hands and feet, humanoid face, basic human figure.)

Humans with shark features.
Novarion Topic Starter

Alright.
Novarion Topic Starter

Bump
Is this still open?
Novarion Topic Starter

Sorry for the absence. Yes it is still open. Life just caught me by the T_T and swung me for a ride. Hopefully it's done till after this new job is calmed down and my days go from 6/10 back to 4/10
Novarion wrote:
Sorry for the absence. Yes it is still open. Life just caught me by the T_T and swung me for a ride. Hopefully it's done till after this new job is calmed down and my days go from 6/10 back to 4/10
its alright I understand :3 message me and ill tell you my character

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » The world below (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus