Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Everyone is Dan

The name of the game is simple really. I will be playing the role of Dan, a simple minded man whose down on his luck, homeless, and worst yet has severe amnesia. All he knows is that his name is Dan. Everyone else however will be playing the role of all the various voices in his head. Now Dan is a very naive individual, and fairly submissive when it comes to listening to what the voices say. That's where all of you come in. Now you can make any kind of character you want; simple, complex, silly, serious, it doesn't matter. Regardless of what you make however you get to select 3 skills to post either in the topic, or in your character sheet.

These three skills can be just about anything and will aid you in telling Dan what to do. After all, Dan is a fairly useless individual, so any action that has any chance of failure requires a d6 roll. Only on a 6 is he actually successful. But, if it's under one of your skills is instead on a 3+.

Whatever your overarching goals are with Dan the game ends when he is unplayable, dead, or his consciousness grows bored with him and he falls into a coma. I'll set the scene but afterwards people are free to post^^
Dan (played by Bestdragon3) Topic Starter

Dan would awaken with his head spinning, eyes blurry, and his backside soaked. As he leaned up to check his surroundings he'd notice the dark alleyway he was in, and the pile of soaked garbage he was laying in. Dan is currently wearing a wet pair of torn blue jeans, a wet green t-shirt, and no shoes. In his right pocket he can feel a crumpled wet receipt, a nickel, and two pennies.

To the North be could see a street running East to West, and to his South he saw more alleyway. All he knows is that he is Dan, and he doesn't know what to do.
Yes! I love this game. This is the one thing my friends like doing when they're drunk. Here goes!

Skills when under my control
- Backflips
- Can rap like two lines from the sped up part from Eminem's Rap God
- Make up excuses which seem somehow believable

Dan would suddenly get the urge to go deeper into the alleyway. Because nothing ever goes wrong in the depths of an alleyway, right? Perhaps his shoes would be there. In order to spare his bare feet, Dan decides to backflip his way down to the darkness of the alleyway.

((Oops, misread that +3 to be a bonus. Disregard that))

rolled 1d6 and got a natural 6. After the modifier of +3, got 9
Superu Backfrippu poweru

While thinking of what to do next Dan figured it out. His feet were getting pretty cold and he needed his shoes, and if he woke up in an alley then his shoes must be back there too! With newfound energy Dan would get up and, with a running start run deeper into the alley before giving a twist, curl, aaand backflip!

While certainly not the most graceful, no one could deny that it was indeed a backflip,"Wow! When did I learn that one? Well it might not make sense, but good job me!" Once down the alley way he met the crossroads. To the North is back where he was, further south he could see the fire exit of several businesses, to the West it was lit, clean, and led to the streets again. Lastly to the East there was a cardboard box with legs sticking out, and more street.
Skills under my control:
- Reading
- Can easily befriend animals
- Jokes
"Hey, Dan." A voice rang in Dan's mind; a small teenager-like one, who seems to be incredibly laid-back for a voice. "Why don't you read that receipt thing?"
(Whoops forgot to roll)

rolled 1d6 and got 4

Reaching into his pocket Dsn would pull out the wadded receipt and carefully peel it apart in order to take a look at it. While most of it was faded away, it looked like it was a receipt for some kind of ring. Even with the help of his new friend pointing out the letters be missed he couldn't make out more than "mond ring : $1,"

"Huh, that's weird. Thanks for the help me! Though I didn't think my voice sounded like that anymore..." Dan replied before pondering the nature of the receipt.
Well Dan, you know what to do next. Time to backflip right on top of the box. Whoever is in there will be impressed by your moves!

rolled 1d6 and got 3

"Oookay!" Dan would reply before once again completing a pretty swag looking backflip onto the box. Hell by this point even he was impressed. The guy in the box didn't seem so impressed though.

The older and more run down gentleman in the box screamed in a mix of shock and panic before scrambling out from the now destroyed box. He looked at Dan incredulously before screaming, "What the hell did you do that for?!"

Dan was not quite sure how to respond. After all he and the voice thought it was a pretty sick backflip.
Hope I'm not too late.

Skills under my control
- Really fast running speed
- Great math skills
- A very hard head, perfect for breaking wood

Well, since we can't handle this, let's book it. Get out of there Dan!

rolled 1d6 and got 2

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Everyone is Dan

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus