Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » The New Guy

So I'm new to this whole Role-Playing thing, but I was wondering if anyone who's at least relatively new (Or someone with a lot of experience is fine, but not preferred) like to try an rp with me. I hope we can have a really cool adventure.
Hi there! Welcome to RPR. I'm not new anymore and I'm not really looking for new RPs right now, but have you considered posting in the Looking for RP forums? http://www.rprepository.com/community/forum.php?f=948 and http://www.rprepository.com/community/forum.php?f=2894

You're much more likely to find partners quickly if you post there. Also, if you need any help we have a great help section or you can just message someone :-)
Welcome to rpr :) You'll find a lot of experienced role-players here, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. With someone who knows what they're doing, they could show you the ropes as you rp'd. Everyone here is rather friendly. Also, there isn't any one way to rp, so if you don't like one style, you can try another :)
Kim Site Admin

Welcome to the site! I don't qualify as relatively new, but there are certainly some people like that about. Alecia's links were great ones. :)

When getting started with RP, I really recommend this primer on basic RP concepts as a starting place. Even if you have some RP experience, it can be a nice way to see what the general norm is here.

By the by, you can use the "launch chat" button at the top and bottom of any forum topic, whether it's in a private group forum or our public RP forums, to turn your topic into a real time chat! There's also a link in the sidebar of private messages that will let you do the same.

This is a pretty big site with a lot of features and areas, so if you need help, don't worry, there's a lot of resources. Probably the first thing to try is just typing your question into the search box, or you can go to the Help section to see a list of popular articles. If you can't find it there, we pride ourselves on having a warm and welcoming community. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or suggestions!
Flashwolf96 Topic Starter

Thanks guys.
Welcome to RPR! I hope you're finding some awesome RP friends that are to your liking! :D
Hello! Welcome to RPR! Feel free to ask if you need any specific help! Everyone is friendly and willing to help!
HibariHaru

Heya and welcome to RPR! It's nice to meet you. Please enjoy your stay. <3
Yeah, I don't really qualify as new anymore as well, but I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for here! Either way, welcome to RPR! I'm Lotus, but call me Light! It's really sweet to meet you.

If you need anything at all, just ask any of us, and we can help you out as best as we can! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Welcome to RPR I hope you have a great stay here with us all!
Hello and welcome to the site~
I'm sure you'll find someone to RP with sooner than later :3 There are a loooot of people and a vaaaariety of different types of RPers, so surely there is going to be a handful that are new to the whole thing just like you~
You've come to the right place! EVERYBODY roleplays here!

Except Bones. Bones doesn't roleplay.

Bones?

Thanks for all of your support, I feel welcomed now.

I also feel a little selfish for what I said, really, anyone can Rp with me. I don't mind.

I'm also in an Rp right now, so thanks for helping me out with all of your tips.
You're fine :) I hope that you enjoy yourself here. It's a great site.
Kim Site Admin

Quote:
Bones?

I think Andryn is talking about his friend Bonebag, who famously loves to OOC chat but doesn't do much RP these days. ;)
Quote:
Thanks for all of your support, I feel welcomed now.

I also feel a little selfish for what I said, really, anyone can Rp with me. I don't mind.

I'm also in an Rp right now, so thanks for helping me out with all of your tips.

It is okay! It makes sense to be intimidated about playing with someone more experienced and want to ease into it with someone you feel is at your level. :) But I am thrilled to hear you've already found your first RP here. Sounds like you've had a great first 24 hours! :D

I find myself getting turned around a lot on this website. Can someone tell me how to create another character?

Nevermind, figured it out
Kim Site Admin

Glad you found it! :)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » The New Guy

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus