Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » [OPEN] Paranormal/Supernatural Institute (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Edmund Lloyd (played by MrQ)

SEEKING STUDENTS, TEACHERS, AND THE LIKES.

http://www.rprepository.com/group/group.php?gID=1759

Grand Horizon Institute is a place that builds. And not just any old build a wall, build a tower. This is character building! Doesn’t matter how developed your character is, here your character is a dynamic being. Of course, you can use a character who won’t be affected by this roleplay. This place is meant to help you and give everyone a good time.

Perhaps you've heard of this place before. After all, it's quite hard to miss. A giant floating island provides a stark contrast to the bland horizon of sea and sky. Though it seems quite defenseless, there's some sort of invisible barrier erected around it, making it impossible to go in or out. The reason behind this is due to the fact that it serves both as an educational institution and as a place for one to hone their skills and apply it to their lives. This impermeable shield guarantees the safety of all students. That would be the case, unless you have been provided with a permit that gives you access in and out of the shield. Behind the barrier lies a vast expanse, with a huge bell tower in the center surrounded by numerous facilities and buildings. The campus filled with stores, libraries, restaurants, hospitals, and most of all, students.

Those who attend this institution are special. Perhaps one may be paranormal, with psychokinesis or telepathic powers. Maybe one is supernatural, flaunting tails or lending more than just one hand. Whatever the case is, they have been taken from the world and plopped onto the island to start their new lives. Whatever past you may have had, it is all wiped clean from your slate. As long as you follow the rules of the school, you're guaranteed a life of freedom. It's your life, and how you wish to live it is all up to you.

However, you are not allowed to run rampant on these grounds. Each person is provided with an Integrated Magical Device card that will state basic information and dictates one’s personality based on their activities on school grounds. Anything out of school grounds will not affect the IMD card. This card is extremely resourceful, from helping to keep in contact with friends to providing a handy search engine. The best thing about it? You get to keep it! (I just love free stuff.) Keeping one on hand at all times is important, for reputation can be converted to in school currency and used to rent textbooks, purchase food, and other necessities for a student. Every person starts with a reputation balance of 1000. (On a side note, if you lose your card, we won’t replace it because it’s free.)

There are many ways to earn reputation:
-Battling other students and betting reputation (high risk high reward)
-Socializing and helping others (medium risk low reward)
-Studying and learning for a steady income (low risk medium reward)
-Working at a place for some quick cash (low risk low reward)

Battling is a fundamental core of this institution. By pushing participants to the limit, one may concentrate better, gain faster reflexes, and overall see a general improvement in their physical capabilities. To go to the arena means to be ready to concede losses and earn wins, and due to the threat of students actually being harmed means that the minimum bets are high in order to deter those who are of weak will. There are, of course, different methods of engaging in combat:
-Duel Battle (One on one with 500 reputation minimum bet on the line from each participant)
-Tag Battle (Two on two with 250 reputation minimum bet on the line from each participant)
-Crew Battle (Three+ on three+ with 200 reputation minimum bet on the line from each participant)

All questions, requests, etc. are welcomed.

((An amalgamation of many ideas I have seen on this site. There may be similar themes found in other roleplay a, but these are unintentional. Hopefully this one won't fall short on itself. Prepare yourself for a lot of reading. Hope the giant walls of text won’t scare you guys off.))
Magic 90%
Magic is very common. Magic-tech, grand floating islands, forests that sing, magical creatures may be an every-day occurrence.
Technology 60%
Near future, perhaps cloning and genetic manipulation
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, one-off scene.

Wolf Girls (played by Guardian_Girl)

Oooooh! I'm in! I would like to use Chaz or Ariana, which do you think will work better?
Jian Ya (played by MrQ) Topic Starter

Either one will work. If you want to use both, that's fine as well.
Wolf Girls (played by Guardian_Girl)

Hm.. I think I'll start with Ariana and maybe bring Chaz in later.
Considering to join but don't know who to be xD.

You're allowed to use multiple characters, so long as they fit into the scenario.
I'll probably provide guide sheets for people, and develop some concepts further at some point in time.

If it gets a considerable amount of people I'll consider making a group.

*UPDATED*

Bümp
Fenton Vin (played anonymously)

I'm interested, maybe i could use Fenton. Hmm
Im very interested, i think i may rp as Josh in this one.

Bump
May I join?

We're still accepting applications
So where do I sign up?

So, what's the maximum number of points that can be allotted to one particular stat?

Nevermind, I just used 10
Sooooo...when do we start?
jagon (played by TheGrim123)

I'll join.

If you want to join, just apply in the group and fill out the information.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » [OPEN] Paranormal/Supernatural Institute (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus