Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Circus Remnants RP

Roweena Rose Merriwe (played anonymously) Topic Starter

"Sam, there are wild animals in thoose woods. Ones that attack and eat flesh. I can't let you sleep in the trees until I get the wild animals gone. There will be rules and you will obey the rules or you will be sent to a new home somewhere. I doubt that you understand but until I get time to get rid of the wolves that might decide to eat you, you and your family will live inside at night.
DO I have to chain you up?" Rose spoke a bit harshly for she was told about the wolves in this area. Whether ot not it was true is yet to be seen.
She might have to talk to Brad about how to handle a stubborn wild girl.
Ghooa (played by Ms_Draca)

The girl understood some of what Rose was saying, but not all of it. "Wild," she said pointing at herself. "Gone? No gone. Gone bad," she protested not understanding why Rose wanted an empty forest. The very idea of a place outside without any animals other than her family was disturbing and just felt wrong to Sam. "Obey rules," she said dully, everywhere had rules and much as it sometimes annoyed her the bosses knew the rules of this new land better than she did, that was they they were the boss and she wasn't.

"Wolves? Dogs? Wolves dogs?" the girl asked as she looked around the floor for something to use to better express herself. She found a bit of splintered wood and picked it up. The girl chewed at one end of the piece of wood to shape it how she wanted it. She scurried to the entrance of the barn and waved for Rose to follow her. She use the bit of wood to draw in the still damp earth outside the barn. She drew a figure that looked a bit like a wolf and another of an elephant only a little bigger than the wolf. The elephant in the drawing had its trunk around the wolf's neck. Sam drew more elephants and wolves laying down and a stick person standing with a long stick in one hand and a triangle at the bottom intersecting another wolf doodle. "Wolves run," the girl said.

The girl hit the ground with her palms and said "New home," meaning that the farm, not the barn alone, was her new home so how could she be sent to somewhere she already was. "Chain. No. Chain hurt. Chain bad. No chain. Please thank you," the wild girl added not liking the harsher tone of Rose's voice. The elephants trumpeted to the girl from somewhere not too far away. Sam hesitated and looked up at Rose briefly before answering that she was safe and would join them soon, but she was busy talking with Ther'Oom now and that their talk was important.

"Sam, these wolvees might be sick. I want to make sure everything is ok before I give you full freedom. Now lets go up and toss some hay down. I only hope that there are any starving rats.
Also I will be teaching you new things like how to keep your home clean. You will need to help me do things like sweep out the area. This place is so musty now that I can barely stand it." Rose spoke softly.

Brad came inside the barn.
"Need any help?"

"Just cleaning this old barn up. I want Sam and her family live inside here until I have searched the area to see if there are any rabid wolves or sick wolves. I want to know what is out there before I let them have full freedom. But Sam of course does not understand that I am trying to be careful and want to keep them safe. Want to check the hay upstairs to see if there is any that is good?" Rose asked.

A rather large cat came inside and noticed the group. It stood there and glared at them for intruding in his territory.
He began to hiss and meow.
**They are right. Humans are here again. Not good. What are you here for?** he seemed to say.

Sam looked up and tried to looking into the hay loft. Hearing the soft paws on the wood floor she turned her head to the side and looked down at the cat.

*Greetings, Little Hunter* the girl said politely the way Nyla the tiger had taught her, though she was quite out of practice as she was well known on her island and rarely had to use her best manners when crossing paths with anyone.

*My girl here says there may be rats up in the hay over our heads. If the hay has laid there very long or rats have made nests in it the hay will be of little good to me or my family. Your claws are much sharper than mine and your ears hear so much better could you tell me if there are rats up there and might you go up and chase them down here please? My family hunts grasses, leaves and water - we do not go looking for rats.

In fact, aside from me, all in my family fear the little morsels. We would all be grateful if you could hunt here so my family will not have to fear rats or mice being underfoot. No humans will be staying in this box unless you count me as a human and I do not think I quite counts as one for I rarely understand any of the things they do and they are very uneducated in the ways of animals.

They think a herd of elephants would sleep shut up in his box instead of being outside where they can't be cornered or trapped by the dogs they say live in these woods.* the girl had started her conversation in the formal tiger accent she had first learned but switched quickly to the jungle cat accent which was closer to what the barn cat was speaking.

Sam hoped her accent was similar enough that the cat wouldn't trip over sound alike tones. She had used a zebra accent when talking with Flame and was lucky he understood her as well as he did. Sam decided that she needed to work harder to learn the local accents better, starting with the equine and feline accents and branch out from there as her usual go to, zebra and tiger were clearly uncommonly spoken or heard in this new land.

The cat sat down and washed a paw whille thinking. Humans normally did not speak animal well. So this human must be part animal. ot at least raised by animals.

**Yes, I know of those sounds. The little ones are ready to be fed. I have a few litters up there. The hay os only good for nesting. Not good for eating. I know that the human is very nervous about the farm. She has the right to be for it is haunted. Ghosts roam the place and will reek havok on the humans. Perhaps they will play tricks.

The easiest way to deal with humans who want to protect you is to cooperate to certian degree. Stay inside for just a day or two. Then she will see that there is no harm on the farm.

Do you think that you could get some milk for me and my family? I have 3 wives and 13 kittens to fend for. if you are able to help me, I will help you. Is that a deal?**

*I will see what I can do,* Sam told the cat, *I did not know any cat but kittens drank milk. I suppose in this land the customs are more different than I had thought. I will try to explain to to my girl here, but I do not speak human very well, I am still learning and it is not an easy thing.*

"No rat. Look," the girl said to Rose, "Cat hay. Cat eat milk. Cat help. Cat," the girl struggled to find an English word for a few seconds before continuing, "Cat understand new home bad. Dead home."

"Dead home? What is a dead home? People did die here from a fire." Rose was trying to figure out what Sam was trying to say.
"I understand about cat wanting milk... Hey there Tom Cat. Do you have babies? Hey Brad! Are there any babies up there? As in kittens?" she called out.

"Yeah.. tiny things too. But no momma cat. Put them in my pockets. Hear more of them but can't find any momma cats... Get up here and help me will you. I can't put 9 kits in my pockets."Brad called down.

"Let me get a box!" Rose ran off and found a box that would be ok for the kittens then threw a fuzzy towel inside before heading out.

"Tom Cat is what I am going to call you. Now that is taken care of, I am going up to get your kittens out of the hay. It must be crappy grass if Brad wants to move the babies. Come Sam. Be careful because there are tiny babies up there." Rose spoke.

Tom Cat hurried up the steps and saw Brad. He sniffed at the pockets.
"You are the father, I would guess but where are your mates? huh? Rose, over here....."

"Dead here," Sam said not having words to explain what she wanted to. The girl didn't know how to draw ghosts and the man climbing up to the hay loft have her something else to focus on. "No. No! Cat stay!" the girl protested when she realized what Brian was doing.

The girl turned angrily to the tomcat *What are they thinking?! I didn't tell them to do this! Why are you just standing there and letting the humans move your kittens?!* Sam snarled at the cat as she paced back and forth like a caged animal.

*The humans will not hurt them. See how they act and the sounds they make? I have met cats that were taken in by humans as kittens and raised by them after a fashion. Their mothers are missing. That is why I need milk for them. They have not been able to eat since my wives went missing,* Tom Cat explained testily in a low hiss with his ears flattened to his skull.

When Rose left the girl climbed up into the hay loft and keeping her eyes on Brian the whole time as she fished four more kittens out of the hay to add to the nine Brain and mentioned making thirteen as the father cat had said. *Where are their mothers?* the girl asked as she helped put the kittens in the box Rose brought. The girl did not trust the humans with the kittens. The moving of the kittens from their nest to the box because the humans decided on their own that it was the thing to do did not sit well with her as it reminded her a little of her capture by humans less than a year ago.

"Good work, Brad.I have infant bottles somewhere so let's go get get these babies fed. Tom Cat, I am going to take your little ones to the RV. I can give them milk. Take Sam and go look for the mommas. As soon as we get these babies fed, Brad and I will come and find you.

Sam, go with Tom Cat. Help him find the momma cats. The babies need the momma cats and I hope that they are alive somewhere. If you find out where the momma cats are, come back here and tell me. Now Hurry, Sam." Rose spoke in a tired voice as she climbed down the ladder.

Brad handed the box full of kittens to Rose before climbing down himself.Together they went inside the RV to feed the kittens.
In the woods were many kinds of traps. Traps that were meant for foxes and wolves with great big teeth. A pit to trap a wild pig that had escaped a nearby farmer. Small 3 foot deep holes to catch tigers, lions and bears that young boys had dug. Rabbit snares, box traps and many more that the previous owner's boys had created to catch monsters and boogie men among the many sought after offenders.

Sam went outside following Tom Cat. The girl dropped down onto her hands and toes crawling in a crouched position with her knees always bent as she moved along through the shaggy uncut grass. The girl's fingers brushed over some rotting leaves that had accumulated on the ground many feet away from the nearest tree. As the girl put weight on her hand the leaves moved and fell away uncovering a deep hole. The girl's hand went into the hole and she only keep from falling in by holding onto the solid ground with her legs and other hand. The girl pulled her arm from the hole and dug at the leaves revealing a rough hole not quite as deep as the girl was tall and about as wide as she was if not a little wider. The pit was full of rotting sticks which were bent inward and outward at random intervals.

Tom Cat slipped in close to the hole sniffing at it. *The sides are very straight any cat who fell in there would have trouble getting out,* he told the young human woman.

*I will go in and look. I think I am bigger than the hole so I should be able to get out. If I can not I can call my family and they will help me get out, such things are common in our country,* Gahua replied.

The girl got down on her belly and after checking to see if there was any empty space at the bottom of the whole for her to stand she lowered herself down into the hole feet first. The girl stood upright in the hole and the top of it did not come up to her shoulders, so she was sure she would be able to get out without help. Sam slowly and carefully moved the bent sticks pulling them or breaking them free from the pit bottom. Some of the sticks had bent toward each other in such as way as to make a sort of den. The girl peered into the space under the sticks and seeing a shape of something inside she softly called to it in the Jungle Cat tongue, thinking it might be one of Tom Cat's wives.

Is that you no good mate of mine? I have waited here for 2 nights and 3 mornings. Are the babies hungry? Who is feeding them? I hope that my sisters have enough milk for my four sweet babies. And what is wrong with your voice? Speaking of something wrong.... I have a piece of wood in my eye and it hurts. the cat whimpered softly.

Brad and Rose were finished with feeding the little ones but they forgot to keep them in litters. Rose search about to find a smaller box which she lined it with one of her softest angora sweaters.

"This may be my favorite sweater but the kittens do not have their mommas. What is my loss compared to theirs? I need to go and hunt for them, Brad." Rose spoke as she placed the tiny balls of fur in the box after she inspected each one.

"They seem to be of the same age..... no open eyes or even slitted........" she mentioned as she made sure all of them were clean and not hurt.

"You stay here with the kittens in case Sam comes back. I'll go out and see what I can find. Try not to worry. I still have my 6 shooter and can still hit targets. I have a med kit ready as well as other items that might be needed. I'll call every so often to let you know what is going on. Please don't call me for at least two hours." Brad spoke softly as he put a back pack on as well as a pair of pouches.

"Haven't seen the pouches since the koala babies. Break a leg and please come back soon." Rose spoke softly as Brad headed out the door.

"I am not your mate," Gahua replied slightly annoyed at being mistaken for the tomcat. "He is at the top of the hole. He could not come down or he would get stuck, but I am too big to get stuck in this hole. Humans are taking care of your babies. Your sisters are missing. I will lift you out of this hole but you must be not move when I do it or I may drop you," the young woman said. "The humans may have a way to get the wood out of your eye, I do not know for sure. But we will take you to your babies. Do you have any idea where your sisters may have gone before you fell in this hole?" the girl asked as she gently reached in and lifted the cat out of the sticks and up over her head to sit her down just outside the hole. "Be careful," Gahua called to the momma cat. "Lead your wife away from the hole and I will climb out," she called up to the male cat.

Brad picked up a strong walking stick as he headed out towards the woods. He stood a good 500 feet from the barn and closed his eyes. In the distance was Sam. He knew her life line so it was in his best interest to find Sam as soon as possible. He began to walk quickly.

Sorry about that. I am in such pain that I am nearly out of my mind since I know not what has happened since I fell into this blasted hole. My sisters and I were chasing off a pack of wild dogs that were trying to take over. I told them to go get them. I do not know more than that. the momma cat leaned against the humanish person.

*I thought you knew me better than that, wife of mine. Where are your sisters? Still out on the chase?* Tom asked as he pranced about to see the wife.

"Hey there Sam....Easy now Tom Cat. Let me see her.... hmmmm.... an old fashion stake trap. And you, little lady, have a large splinter in your eyes. I'll pull it out but it will hurt a lot. I'll do it quick after I get a patch ready for your poor eye.
While I am doing this, Sam, you will have to hold her firmly in your arms. Tom Cat, your job is to keep Little Lady as calm and loved as much as possible. Everyone sit around me...." Brad spoke as he took off various things and got ready. He was very quick but saw that the chance of Little Lady's eye ever healing properly was slim. The patch would keep the dirt and debris out while they hunted for the other two.

"Your ride awaits you, Little Lady. This pouch will keep you safe while we are traveling and hunting for your sisters." Brad spoke as he gently slipped her into the pouch. A quick text and he looked at Tom Cat and Sam.

"Lead on to the place."

"Do not worry, Little Mother, we will find your sisters," Gahua told the momma cat. The girl left the cats to themselves and dropped down to all fours and sniffed around the area. She stood up and scanned the ground. Spying something suspicious she dropped back down and scurried over to it. The girl stood up and snorted as she stared down at the dog droppings. It wasn't fresh but it wasn't more than a few days old, the right length of time according to what the cat had told her.

The girl waved at Brad. She walked over to him quickly again on all fours which was faster for her than two feet. "Cats chase dogs," she told him as she held the momma cat. *This human, Brae'aah, he is going to take the wood out of your eye. I have to hold you still because it will hurt very much. Your mate is to comfort you while I hold her still,* the girl translated for the cats.

Once the momma cat was settled Sam walked back toward the pile of droppings. She took a few steps away from it sniffed the air trying to catch scent of the dogs or of any of the other cats. She could only smell the dogs faintly but an overturned box under a tree caught her eye and remembering the first trap she thought it best to check this strange thing too. "Go box," she told Brad. *Little Sisters? Are you near? Your babies are safe but they miss you dearly, answer me if you can," she called out for the momma cats, it would have sounded like a lot of meowing and yowling to Brad but she wasn't talking to Brad so she didn't bother to translate her message for him.

"Sam, have you found anything?....A box trap? That is a childish trap but we must look under it...." Brad knelt down and looked. He quickly let the box fall back into place.

"I'm sorry Tom Cat. little Lady. A dog got to her first...... Let's find your other mate. I hope that she is doing well...." Brad spoke quietly as he turned away. He would come back later and bury her. His first duty was to the one who might be alive still.

Tom Cat was now poking at the box, wanting to see inside for himself.

Sam lifted the box and laid it to the side. She stroked the matted fur on the the cat's head and down to her torn shoulder. The little body was cold and stiff, she must have crawled under the box to hide and expire after the dogs got her. The girl squatted rocking on her heels as she slowly ran her fingers long the long limp tail before reluctantly turning away from the dead cat. Death was a big part of elephant culture. The girl wondered if any of the cat's bones would remain after the scavengers were done. The dead elephants always left their bones laying where they fell as they were often too big to be carried away. That was not usually the case with smaller animals. The girl doubted there would be anything left of the cat to remember over in the years to come. Sam rubbed at her face to push away the sadness creeping up on her. They still had to find the third cat.

Tom Cat was not at all happy but he gave his wife a quick lick and a nuzzle.
*Time to find those dogs.* he spoke.

"Sam, cover her up again. We don't want to let those dogs tear her to tiny parts. We will go look for the last momma cat. Come, let us hunt for those humans and dogs who are on our property." Brad spoke as he petted the other cat.

Brad tapped a quick message to Rose. He was ready to go. He took out his 6 shooters and made sure that they were loaded before turning to Sam.

"Put the box over her, Sam. We need to go now. I want to get back to the safety of the house as soon as possible." he spoke as he looked about. Something said that there was no time left......

The girl hesitated ignoring the man the first time but finally she did as Brad wanted. Sam would have preferred to use fresh tree branches or grass and dirt to cover the cat instead of the trap she'd hid in at the end of her life, but she knew there wasn't time to tend to the body just yet. Later she would come back and pay her respects to the cat in a better way.

The girl sighed and sniffed at the air trying to pin point the dogs' trail. "Dogs go," she said as she picked up the scent and began to follow it. She glanced curiously at the man's guns. "We hunt dogs. We catch them?" she asked Brad before dropping down low in the grass to move faster along the trail.

"Yes, Sam.This is what Rose was and still is afraid of. She does not have the ability to kill the dogs. She needs help so I will stay here and help her. I think that there may be bad humans around as well. We will go and find the last momma cat then go home.
I'll tell you more later. Just find the momma kitty." Brad spoke quietly as he watched Sam for clues.

Sam looked up at Brad through the grass, she didn't understand what he was saying very well. She didn't know why Rose couldn't kill the dogs and didn't have the words to ask for the reason. "Bad humans?" she asked unsure what to make of that. The only bad humans she'd met had been the ones who'd captured her and not all of them were bad. "I Kill dogs?" she suggested testing to see if that was something she was allowed to do. Some of her previous guardians hadn't liked her to hunt. "We find cat fast. Go home kittens and momma cats together. Cats happy, yes?" the girl said. Sam smelled blood before she smelled the cat and she worried they would find another dead cat. The cat was stuck in a ... well to the girl it looked like a set of teeth without a body. The strange teeth held the cat's leg tight. The cat was in bad shape but still breathing. "Open teeth. Cat alive. No cover box," the girl told Brad.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Circus Remnants RP

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus