Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Circus Remnants RP

Roweena Rose Merriwe (played anonymously) Topic Starter

"Just a sec, Sam....it must be done just right so it doesn't do more harm. sit next to me for a moment......We did find her quickly, didn't we. Ok now Momma Cat, this is a wolf trap. A wolf is a type of a dog. I am going to open the trap and you, Sam pick her up and put Momma Cat here on this blanket. I'll let the trap snap back close and it will make a load noise.

Tom you will be the lookout. Make sure that no human or animal comes near. Are we ready?" Brad asked as he prepared to open the trap.
Ghooa (played by Ms_Draca)

*Humans use these teeth to catch wolves and dogs. Brian will open the teeth. I will take your wife out of the teeth trap and the trap will shut with a loud noise,* Sam explained to the cats. *You need to watch for predators,* she added to Tom Cat.

((Oops double posted from my phone.))

Brad opened the mouth of the trap and waited until Sam had the mother cat out. He closed the trap then examined the Momma cat.
"I think that she has a broken leg. Torn tissues and ligaments. The best thing is to get her back home. Sam and Tom, take a good look at this trap. I will teach you, Sam, how to set off the traps. Not tonight but tomorrow. Tonight, everyone will sleep inside. The men who sat these traps are big strong men that want the hides,tusks and any thing that would make fast money. I don't want anyone outside. That includes you, Tom Cat. You will stay inside. Once we get rid of these fiends, we will be safe." Brad spoke as he splinted the front left leg.

Momma Cat was purring and flexing with one leg. She was very patient.
~~Tom Cat fits you well, mate. I found out how and where they are located. They have monster dogs with huge spiked collars. It's out by Old Pine. They got a camp there and they are taking all of the deer.~~

*Can you tell the human? It is important that he knows this.* Tom looked at Sam.

*Where is the Old Pine?* Sam asked, *This is new country to me, remember.*

*It is the old tree with leaves like fur. It stands North of here, you will smell it before you see it,* the Momma Cat replied weakly.

"Brian. Bad human," Sam told the man pointing to the Northern part of the woods. "Bad humans camp old fur tree." She meant that the tree was furry looking but it sounded like she called it a fir tree.

"That is not good, Sam. It is getting dark and we must hurry home. Can you get your family in the barn for tonight? I'll see what I can do tomorrow to get rid of them. These people might be poachers and wouldn't they love to find your family and sell them off to the highest bidder. Most likely be separated too. Not good at all.
Here you go,Momma Cat. You should be safe enough until we get home. Little Momma is here but your other sister did not make it. We will bring her back to the barn tonight."

Brad spoke as he finished up and was ready to head down the road. He poked about the area and found several more traps that he tripped as he went. Once they were in the barn, Brad was worn out. He sat down on a chair to rest.

The girl nodded. "Family stay barn," she said understand more now why Rose wanted them to stay inside at night. She followed the man back out of the woods. The lights from the house hurt the girl's eyes and she turned her back to them as she called out to her family. They replied at once questioning where she'd been all day and had she eaten, the later question being from her mother.

*I am safe. But we must all go into the box until the sun returns and it is day again. There are humans here in the woods like the ones that came to our land. They must have crossed the water after us or maybe this country is near their own. They have teeth they lay on the ground that bite and crush limbs. I have seen them.

Our humans will drive these bad ones away, but not now as it is time for sleep. Humans I remember sleep when it is dark out. Come, we must go into the box. I will ask for food to be put in there for us soon. Until then I hope you have all eaten enough because we may not get much until morning.

The boss is very tired and some small cats, not tigers, who live here need the boss' help. One of them is dead and the other two mothers are hurt badly. They have many little ones and our humans are helping care for them as is proper.*

The elephants trumpted back at the young woman before casually walking over to her. It looked like they were walking at a slow sped but they were moving quickly. Elephants can't run in the sense that they never have all four feet off the ground but they can move faster than a regular walk when there is a need, and the thought of detached teeth laying around waiting to bite and crush a leg or tear a trunk was reason enough to hurry.

Sam led the herd into the barn and they paced the small pace nervously. Sam's aunts and mother pulled the doors of the stalls open and banged them shut curious as to what they were for. Sam's sister was too busy watching her son to join in on exploring the room. Little Thu was scared of the teeth his aunt mentioned but excited by the sleeping box with all it's new smells, sights and sounds. Sam walked from one end of the barn to the other several times as she paced.

As the fear of the potential poachers faded a little now that her family was safe in the barn the girl decided to leave them to fetch her things from Brian. She mostly wanted her sketchbook and pencils but she supposed that Rose and Brain would want her to change clothe. They may even want her to take a bath in a human pond with hot water, the bad tasting thing that made bubbles and the scrubbing - she hated the scrubbing - the creatures the humans that captured her had washed her, had scrubbed her raw after they had caught her. The girl was not fond of bathing in the human way.

Rose had just finished another round of feeding the kittens and was very relieved when brad came inside the barn. She carefully put the last kitten in a small box with the others for the moment, figuring that Brad would want to make sure that the two mommas were ok enough to nurse them.

It was then that Rose heard the banging. She hurried out there calling out
"Just what in the name of blue blazes is going on out here?"

"Everyone is fine, Rose. Calm down. The elephants have their own way of examining the world. We have two momma cats that are injured and one is no longer..... The mommas will need some help. Little Momma may be blind in the one eye. She can rest with the kittens. Momma Cat has a broken front leg. I need to set that leg in a cast. I'll need to call DNR to help me tomorrow. Better yet.... Yeah I'll call Keith Summers. He can pull a few strings for me. I'll give him a quick call then you can help me with the casting." Brad spoke as he pulled out the phone.

Rose smiled at Sam then spoke.

"I guess that I miss an adventure. While you were gone, I made arrangements for some clean hay and straw to arrive tomorrow. What kind of food does your family like to eat?" Rose asked.

Sam stood with her shoulders hunched as if she were readying to drop down on all fours and scamper off at any moment. The girl's eyes darted around the room as she took in the scene before her. "Thank you, Boss," she said slowly surprised that Rose was asking about food instead of questioning what she was doing in the house. "We eat fruit. Hay. Eat lot of hay. We eat grass. We eat ... tree ... skin. Skin on tree. We eat water. We eat leaves. We eat much stuff. Sam eat more stuff," she said as she tried hard to think over what all she and her family ate and what the words in English were for everything.

The young woman waited for Rose to respond before asking, "Sam want Sam stuff now, please. You give Sam stuff, yes?" She found it easier to use her English name instead of 'I', 'me', 'my' or 'mine' as the 'I's,'me's, 'my's and 'mine's too often got mixed up with the 'you's and 'yours' when she talked.

"Yes, I can find many things that you might like to eat. A truck will come tomorrow with hay and more food......" Would you like to eat meat? Or just veggies and fruit? Well, I'll let you have this bowl of fruit and there is a bowl of veggies. I am making spaghetti and meatballs if you want some. " Rose spoke as she checked the oven to see if the bread was done.

"Keith is very much interested in our problem. It seems that the area has had a crime wave of animal crimes. He'll be here in a few hours so I am gonna catch a nap after we get the momma cat leg casted. you ready to do it?" brad asked.

"Yes, I have everything ready to go. I'll start mixing the plaster." Rose spoke as she placed the bread on the counter.

Soon enough both cats were in the same box with all of the kittens.

Sam was startled by all the words that came from Rose, that the girl didn't realize right away that her new boss hadn't responded to her question. "No thank you. No spaghetti, please," the girl replied to Rose's question. The bread did smell nice so the girl pointed at the oven, "One bread, please?" she asked while scanning the floor with her eyes to see if her bag was near by. She spotted it just out of reach. Sam shifted fluidly into a crouch and stepped inside just enough to reach her bag. The girl grabbed her bag and hurried back out the door. She did not want to linger in the brightly lit house longer than she had to. Sam was a bit glad that neither Rose nor Brian had mentioned baths.

Rose placed a loaf of bread in the cloth bag and went to the door.
"Sam. Here is the bread. Pleas bring the bag back when the bread is gone.I will make sure that you have more food tomorrow."

Rose and Brad had their dinner and while Brad took a nap, Rose checked on the kittens and the mommas. She offered milk to all of them which the greedy little ones goobbled up. The momma cats happily cleaned the kittens.

Next Rose sat down to rest and wait for Keith.

((Are we still doing this RP?))

(((Yes. I'm just stuck and busy with RL stuff. I will try to reply by the end of the week)).

Sam took the bag and went back to the barn. The girl hung her bag from an empty hook on the wall. She unzipped her bag and pulled out her sketchbook and four pencils. The young woman tore a chunk off the loaf of bread and chewed it slowly as she sketched the train racing along its tracks with smoke billowing out behind it. The train she had ridden in had not been nearly that old but it had felt like it to Sam.

Thu squealed and pushed behind his aunt. The calf tried to squish between the human woman and the wall.

"Ah, I am drawing. What is all this attention for?" the girl rumbled to her nephew.

"I'm scared, Aunty Guaha. There are bad smells and sounds outside," he replied.

The wild girl grinted and tilted her head back to take inthe smells je spoke of. "Whuff, I smell old grass, water, us, nothing strange at all," she told the worries calf. A chill breeze blew in through some crack and brought old unfamiliar smells with it. "It is bitter now, the wind. I feel it but nothing moves in this bitter air. There are ghosts here. It may be them we smell. I can not kill what is already dead. I do not think the dead can hurt our bodies. .... If these dead ghosts leave is alone therw is no harm. If not, I will hunt them," Sam said as if it were as simple as that.

An old horse saddle fell to the floor sending up a cloud of dust. The herd trumpted in alarm and one of the older elephants rammed the door. The door shuddered but held tight.

"This will be a long hunt and it will not end with a full belly," Gahua growled as she shoved her art supplies into her bag and zipped it closed. The girl used the hooks on the wall and any little ledge or split on the wood that she could grip to climb up to the loft where she hoped to find some advantage from the hight or a way outside.

((NP. I was missing it and decided to ask.))

Rose fell asleep on the sofa and the noise was what woke her up. She went to the door and opened it to see white mists dancing on the front lawn. A strange smell was accompanied the ghosts. It was a mixture of moth balls, old linen and old fragrances. She was astounded by the sight and tapped a quick text to Brad to come quickly.

He came barefooted. jeans on and the shirt being pulled over his head.
"Tell Sam. I am not sure what they are but they seem to be ghosts.... " he spoke in a soft whisper.

Rose nodded and went to the barn. She went in a side door and looked for Sam.

"Sam! Come! We need you!"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Circus Remnants RP

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus