Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Free Arts!

TheLily

Hi, so in an attempt to get better, I thought I would throw some free art your way. There are a few conditions though!

1. I am not very good at drawering, so it won't be super epic awesome. Hence why it's free. Free arts are for the practising.

2. You have to be patient. It might take me some time to get the picture done. Once I say I'll do it, I'll get you something.

3. If I'm working off of description only, please be extra patient if I screw up. I have a hard time visualizing things. When I think of descriptions, I think in words. That's another reason why I'm trying my hand at art.

4. Please, please, please at least say thank-you, even if you plan on chucking the drawing forever. I feel like crap when people get something for free and there is no thank-you.

I will work very hard on any drawings I end up doing. Sometimes I work for days on them, only to finally say "this looks about right". I scrap many, many drawings. I will only submit it if I feel it is presentable to the world if it is for someone else. I often submit things to my dA, even if they're crappy so that I have to look at them and improve. I would never give someone a drawing that wasn't my best.

If I give you a time frame I will stick by it or I will make it up to you. Even if this means finding someone else to do a commission for you. I am a man of my honour. Woman. I am a woman of my honour.

As for what you get, it'll be a surprise. I might try digital, traditional, markers, pencil crayons, chibi, bust, I might just draw your character's left foot. WHO KNOWS.

My dA, if you wanna take a look at what you might be getting. Not all my current work is there, though.
I love this idea! Please please please please practice using my characters and I will cherish the drawing forever~ I rarely make an effort to acquire art for my characters, as it would be humanistic of me, but if the art created serves a purpose other than pleasing me and my goals, then I will support it~

If there is a need for more characters, I will gladly move them from there to here~
I think that this is an awesome idea, and since I have absolutely NO art for any of my characters, please, feel free to use any and all of mine to practice! I've also got a very detailed description of my main character that I plan on using to get a commission at some point that I can send you if that's something that you would be interested in. I'm all for practice- that makes perfect!

Best of luck to you!!!!
Honestly this is a fantastic way to get better at drawing. I've been out of art for a while, and been trying to get into practice as well (I've got a few people line up for drawings just gotta start em). Another great way to practice is an art trade ;) Perhaps when my move is settled we could do one. (this weekend is my move, and I'll likely be with out the internet for a bit) Have a lookie at my dA and perhaps we can arrange something. XD

Edit DUh it might help if I Linked you *face palms* evidently I need coffee.
Minerva

I always say, if any of my characters inspire you to try something new, draw them. :) im always thankful for art, and DAMMIT I KEEP FORGETTING TO UPLOAD MY NEW ZENTHUS PIC.
Feel free to use any of mine :) I love free art! <3 I absolutely cannot draw at all, so I'm always appreciative of anything anybody gives me :D
You are more than welcome to use any of mine. :D My art skills are limited and I always appreciate someone with this talent I don't seem to have. I'm sure you have a ton of inspiration to use between the posters, can't wait to see what you do!
TheLily Topic Starter

This one is for Loki. I'm trying trying to draw something for everyone, but I'm having issues with my creative.

fbyrea.jpg Branwen
25quohe.jpg Tannis
Ehehe.
Pick me :3
Minerva

just clarifying: don't feel due to draw something for me. My characters have, in an odd way, been overillustrated. Feel no duty there. I just offer them in "If they deeply inspire you, feel free." there are few things I pride myself in as an author, but character design is one of them. So, if something unique about them strikes you, go for it and dont be shy. I drew zenthus for 2 years before being happy with him (new uploads). :) it is all growth. Have fun and dont overjudge yourself, even if my saying that us hypocracy.
TheLily Topic Starter

Just so y'all know, I am literally working on right now. Well, not as I type. I just need some more inspiration. I expect that there will be some stuff here by tonight or tomorrow. We'll see how active I am. XD

Or by this morning

r7j4n7.jpg For Minerva
TheLily Topic Starter

15rz8tk.jpg And another one. This one is for Sanne. I'll try and draw some more stuff today too.
TheLily Topic Starter

2j438y8.jpg An attempt at male. It's a miracle... Well no, not really. I don't really know how to draw men, so this turned out way better than anticipated... but not all that good otherwise.
I think this is a great idea to help your artist skills. You are more than welcome to draw any of my characters, I don't care if the artwork isn't something that looks like done by Van Go or whatever. I love any artwork done as long as it doesn't look like something that should belong to a two year old. ^^; I believe the best of my characters that would be easist to draw most likely would be Ceciel, Kuro, Jean, and Luna since only one of them has a picture that I did not draw. I am planning to give all my characters drawings done by me but it always look like crap to me. If you don't mind drawing Ceciel or Kuro, please?~ I will put it in their galleries and save it on my laptop. :)
Trevor (played by Warwick)

Maybe you could try your hand at drawing This feathered dino?
Minerva

Thank you for drawing Bear~
TheLily Topic Starter

Okay, I'm finishing up the last of them (hopefully today) and this is the last of the free arts for a while.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Free Arts!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus