Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » The Samurai Approaches

Hello all! I've actually just stumbled here by searching a friend's name out of curiosity and saw he made an account here, and seeing that it's a site, specifically for RP, that would be a stepping stone for me. I'll explain in a bit. For a while I've been looking for a place to RP and well, I'm on Tails Refuge as well under the name "Samurai Kai", a furry site for RP, and still haven't done anything with anyone besides chatting with the people... but it's not their fault of course!

Buuuut before I get off topic here, hello to all you friendly faces out there! My name is Kailyn, but do call me Kai. I actually haven't had a real roleplay for a solid two years now. I used to do it a lot, starting six years ago (I'm 19 now) and over those years my character hasn't changed a huge amount. I guess you could say I always favored Adventure RP more. What do I hope to find here you might ask? Well, since I've been under quite the writer's block, I was hoping I'd find some motivation, a bit of encouragement from others here who are experienced, and know what it's like to have that mental block. Not only just that, but one of the things that holds me back from RPing is the fact that I worry I will not write as good as the person I'm doing it with and they will feel like their effort is just going towards someone who doesn't have the same level of vocabulary, my brain's just weird like that. I'm not sure how this site is with talking about yourself outside of the whole RP thing, but since it says you can talk about your hopes and dreams, and what you do for a living I shall explain briefly as I can. Well I'm still in school, dropped out for a year a few years back due to personal issues like anxiety and depression but I got back up again. Over time I wondered what called out to me, what would I do with m life? I decided that a military career may be best suited for me, so I'm working towards that, and haven't changed that idea since.

If you have any other questions or if there's anything I may have missed, feel free to ask away! I don't bite. Also, I'm Canadian, so I'm pretty darn nice. Never rude. Cheers~!
Hello! Welcome to RPR :-) It's neat that you happened to stumble upon it by accident and decided to set up an account!

If it helps you in any way, I've never even considered the vocabulary of my partner (or the level of their writing) to be a potential problem. The most important things for me is that they give me enough to respond to and that the RP is fun for both of us. Maybe once you decide to RP again and have been in an RP for a while, you could ask your partner whether your style is bothering them in any way? I'm pretty sure most people won't mind it at all.

You could also pick up non-native speakers to RP with - there are many people here who are self-conscious about the level of their English, and who will be happy if you don't mind helping them with improving it through RP.

Whether you end up deciding to RP or not, I hope you'll enjoy it here :-)
ashley_grace

Hey there,

I'm ashley_grace and welcome to the RPR! The community here is very welcoming, carefree and happy to help when you need it. One thing to remember is that: it's not like you're getting marked out of ten or judged in a formal way; it's whether what you write is understandable so that your partner can go and reply from there with ease. You can tell when you have an expert role player on your hands as they'll have kudos on their profile. You can also ask lots of questions about how to role play better in the RP Discussion forum.

I hope to see you role playing around,
ashley_grace xox
HibariHaru

Hello there and welcome to RPR. It's nice of you to join us. Please enjoy your stay.
tumblr_inline_nl5nofC2YY1sptc1c.gif
Welcome, welcome! I'm new here too, so yay for new people!!!
Kailyn Topic Starter

Thank you all so much for the warm welcomes and reassurances. I suppose I just worry because I've seen people complain about little things like that. I have good spelling, something a lot of people like and I do try my best. Of course my responses make sense, I just feel like they could be more creative! I do try though and have been told by many people they like my writing style as simple as it is. I'm just very expressive, so I guess that makes up for that.
Hail traveler! Welcome to RPR. I hope you enjoy yourself here. Shoot me a message if you wanna chat or RP
Kim Site Admin

Welcome welcome! I'm glad that you're enjoying your reception so far. :)

I think that almost all RPers have dealt with anxieties about how their RP partners might perceive them, and if they are "good enough" to hang with the people they play with. I certainly remember having these types of thoughts very keenly in the past, and even though they aren't common for me anymore, they certainly cross my mind.

If it helps, we had a community discussion awhile back about what sort of responsibilities RPers had to one another, and how good a writer a person might need to be, and if there was a minimum bar, how to work toward it. I distilled those chats down into some articles I think you will find reassuring:

http://www.rprepository.com/help/responsibility-of-RPers
http://www.rprepository.com/help/writing-for-rp
Don't eat my oreos. I'M SAVING THEM FOR LATER.
Kailyn Topic Starter

I as a humble warrior would NEVER eat one's oreos! Without their permission, of course.

Also thank you! I'll check them out as soon as I can. The help is really appreciated, and it's good to know there are people who share the same concerns as I do. Thank you very much, I am forever grateful.
Welcome to RPR! I have those concerns quite often, but everyone here is so friendly and welcoming that I am sure you will find someone you can feel at ease playing with! <3
Hello, and welcome to RP Repository! I hope that you have so far had a great time here! ^.^
tumblr_inline_o4fhvyGaOh1su1pqh_1280.png

I'm sorry, that was just so obvious it was nessessary

Welcome to the site you brave warrior :3
Asroc

Hey! Welcome to this humble place.
Hello! :)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » The Samurai Approaches

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus