Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Friendly Meeting(1x1)

Gabriel (played by Loki) Topic Starter

Gabriel seemed a little startled by Yami's words, "You're the only person I know that's ever said that..." He seemed almost confused by the advice, though he quickly shook it off. As for the question about offspring, Gabe'd give a little smile, "That's neat. I have so many half siblings I can't count 'em. Never got to meet any of them though. No full siblings." Yeah, once he'd been born his Dad had pretty much been done with his family.

Gabe'd grin at his description, "I've never tasted one...but that's what they always kinda looked like to me." Candied apples that was. He was extremely relieved that Yami thought that way about having a husband, and he'd be back to grinning, the relief almost palpable. "Good...you never know how people feel about that sort of thing, so I usually try not to talk about it. But like I just said, I babble on and next thing I know I've let something slip." He'll add the newest shell to his bag, "You should stop by the Temple sometime. I bet my family would be interested in meeting you."
Yami (played by Amirrora)

Yami relaxed. "Then you should meet more people that accept you, acceptance is what gives us a place, a purpose, and a meaning." He said softly.

He then smirked a bit about the reply about the... bubble hearts.
"It's good to be comfortable with certain people, but you should be more careful."

He then looked confused, "...Hmn... perhaps." He glanced to the water, pausing as a light flashed in his ice blue eyes. "...I should get going soon. I don't want to drag you into things. Unfourtantly it seems my adversary knows I'm in this realm again."

Gabriel smiled, "It's nice having people that accept you. My Asa is like that. He's the least judgmental person I know." He's pausing to pick up another shell, and he'll show it off to Yami too, "I like how this one looks iridescent on the inside!"

The bit of advice has him drooping a bit, "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable or anything..." He'd tuck the shell into his bag. Gabriel was the type of person that gave his trust away too easily and wanted to be friends with everybody. He always tried to see the good in them, even if it was hard to find, and it had led him to being burned in the past.

Gabriel would glance over the water, "Oh, I'm sure they would. They're really not so bad." He's noticing the difference in Yami, and he'll bite his lip, "Adversary? I...I can help protect you." He may not seem like much, but he wasn't without his powers, "And I know somewhere we could go that's warded. We'd be safe there." He was enjoying talking to Yami, he definitely didn't want to see the guy hurt. He was also no stranger to trouble, it seemed to find him no matter where he went, so he wouldn't mind defending Yami if needed.

Yami just gently put his hand on Gabriel's shoulder, "Not that it bothers me, but I wouldn't want to see you get hurt."

He paused at Gabriel's next words.

The boy wanted to help him? He was tempted to take the offer... after all he really didn't feel like going back to his Sanctuary yet. He looked to Gabriel silently, examining him.
"...I do not want to put you in danger." His look was that of concern, his eyes betraying his thoughts easily, he didn't want Gabriel to get hurt, but he didn't want to leave.

Gabriel couldn't guarantee that he wouldn't get hurt but he'd put on a serious face, "Well, I'll try very hard not to get hurt. If you like it here you shouldn't have to go just cause some other person is being a bully." He'd give Yami a bright smile, "What's life without a little danger? I'm kind of used to it by now anyway."

He'd look out at the water, but he didn't see anything, "I'm better at defensive casting...though I can do offensive in a pinch. I don't typically like confrontation though...let's see if we can make it to that warded place first." He's going to tuck his bag of shells into subspace then so he didn't lose it, and if Yami would let him, he'd take a lose hold of Yami's hand to lead him along, and also so they'd have a harder time being separated. "Come on. It's this way." He'd start heading back in the direction he'd come from.

Yami was surprised by Gabriel's bravery. And it made him smile a bit.
The use of the term 'bully' towards The Creator and his malicious scientific ways almost made him burst out in laughter.

The approach was well-hidden in the water, and unable to be seen, it was a concealment based mecha, blending into the environment around it.

Yami listened to Gabriel's words, at least the boy could use magic, though it was obvious with the strange bubble-hearts. He watched as Gabriel tucked away his bag and took his hand. Yami allowed it, not minding.
"...Alright... if you insist." He seemed a bit relieved in a way, smiling slightly. "...It's still technically running, but it's not the same... so it's nice."

Gabriel might have laughed if he knew Yami thought him brave. It wasn't something he would have ever thought of himself. He'll just keep walking back towards the building he had in mind, not running, and acting as if he didn't know anything was wrong.

"Ah well, my Dad is real big on the 'run away, live to fight another day' sort of mantra. He can get pretty slippery. Though he kind of does have a point, if we don't have to fight we shouldn't." Hermes was quite famous for his running, so this shouldn't surprise Yami. "Do you eat? Like...regular food?" He knew his parents could eat, they just didn't have to. "I can make us something at the apartment while we wait if you'd like. My husband always says my peppermint hot chocolate is the best." He's just trying to keep conversation casual, if he acted like something was wrong, he might start to panic.

Yami looked to him, "Yes, that's true. Avoiding a fight is sometimes best." He replied.
He wasn't at all surprised, due to Hermes famousness for running.

He paused for a moment, "Sometimes. I don't have to, but it's nice to once in awhile."
He mused, smiling a bit. He noticed how Gabriel seemed to be so calm, and was both impressed and curious.
He knew the boy had to have a tactic for doing so. He was brave, but couldn't be THAT brave.

There was suddenly a huge sound behind them, and a large light shone directly on them.
A large robot stood behind them, a spotlight aimed on them, a male with long hair wearing a labcoat and a half-faced metal mask riding it.

"...Guess we weren't fast enough." Yami said simply and sighed.

Gabriel really wasn't that brave, he was simply trying to keep himself calm. As soon as they were caught, Yami'd probably feel his hand trembling since Gabe hadn't let go yet. "When this is over, I'll definitely make you some peppermint hot chocolate then." He had to have confidence that they would get out of this okay!

"I should have known we wouldn't be that lucky." He wilted a bit, but he'd let go of Yami's hand and he'd step slightly in front of him, because that was an easier spot to cast his shields from. He didn't have anything up yet though, and he'd glance at Yami lowering his voice, "Do you know what he wants? Or does he just want to pick a fight?"

Yami looked to Gabriel, concerned feeling the trembling, letting go.
"He just wants me. He wants to be able to experiment on this body and gain access to my abilities. That's why I keep my soul separate from it in my Sanctuary. To prevent him from getting that access."

The Creator just smirked at them, glancing to Gabriel, "New friend?" He asked simply.

Yami glared to him, "None of your concern." He snapped in reply. Yami's eyes had changed, the pleasent ice blue was now cold and deadly, showing a kind of pure hatred.
He looked to Gabriel, "I can only fend him off. It's all I'm allowed to do." He gritted his teeth, light forming on his hand, "Will you ever give up?

The Creator glanced to Yami with a psychotic smile, "Never. Just as you won't." He licked his lips.
Yami snapped at that, as if some bad memory had been brought to the surface, "I'LL BRING YOU SO CLOSE TO DEATH YOU'LL WISH I COULD KILL YOU!!"

Gabriel wrinkled up his nose, "That doesn't sound too pleasant. Smart move on the separation though." He knew someone else who had done just that. He really missed his friend! Gabriel ignored The Creator as far as a response went, he just studied him on top of the machine, looking for a weakness that he might be able to exploit.

"I'll help, don't worry. I won't abandon you." They'd only just met, but Gabriel seemed to be willing to put himself in danger for his new friend, though when Yami yelled Gabriel flinched, "I don't know the history but try not to let him get to you. Bullies like him just want a rise out of you, he'll probably become more flustered if you stay calm." Gabriel had been in his fair share of conflicts.

He'd stand a bit closer to Yami then, ready to toss up a shield to block an incoming attack if it was needed. He was starting to form a plan, now just to see if it would work! He's still looking at the machine, trying to decide if there was an unprotected joint he should aim for, should the need for some offensive magic arise.

Yami tried to calm himself, running his free hand through his hair. "...It wasn't pleasant, but it was nessacary." He glanced back to The Creator. Narrowing his eyes once more.

He then glanced to Gabriel, surprised at Gabriel's loyalty despite just meeting. He then relaxed at his next words and smiled a bit. "...Thank you Gabriel."

The light in his hand got bigger as he lunged forward, fircing a sword of beam of light at the mecha, taking out it's leg.

The Creator laughed and jumped down, "Yes... show me your power Yami." He swifted moved his hand, forming a katana in it.

Gabriel was no stranger to battle, but that didn't mean he had to like it. He especially didn't like the fact that he had no armor on right now, but it wasn't as if he had time to go put it on. The wind around the three of them would pick up a bit, and when The Creator summoned his sword, Gabriel put up a force shield between the two of them, and the enemy. Nothing could get through it for a short time, though if the shield was repeatedly attacked, it would crack and fall. For now it's holding.

Gabriel would look in Yami's direction, "I have a plan...ish. But you'll have to trust me." He wasn't sure Yami could do that, considering they hadn't even met an hour ago. Gabe was hoping he could though, because he really couldn't see another way out of this one.

The Creator noticed Gabriel's movements, his eyes narrowing, but he smiled. "Ahh, another one of THOSE children..." he proceeded forward towards the barrier. "You honestly think something like this would hold back ME?" He chuckled, "Amusing child."

Yami looked to Gabriel in return, seeming anxious.
At Gabriel's words he froze, but as The Creator approached the barrier, he nodded.
"...Alright." Something in his heart told him he could trust Gabriel, the kind boy who collected seashells, son of Hermes... he hardly knew anything about him due to making a connection, but the boy had a kind heart, and Yami felt he could trust it.

Gabriel didn't seem to be afraid of this new person, but he was confused. Those children? What did that mean? The Creator seems to know the one weakness he has, but Gabriel is trying to be firm in his resolve. "Of course I believe it will. Therefore, it will." He just had to keep up that firm belief. The wind continued to pick up, blowing harder still.

He got the answer he wanted from Yami, and Gabriel smiled, "Good." It was about then that the wind maxed out at full force, blowing sand around himself and Yami, and into The Creator's face. Gabriel's hoping to obscure The Creator's vision, long enough for him to lunge forward and grab Yami's free hand.

This was where the trust part came in, because Gabriel was trying to teleport the two of them somewhere, but if Yami resisted the pull, it wasn't going to work. If everything went as planned though, Gabriel and Yami would disappear with a faint pop noise, with the residual image of a large heart shape left behind. The magic was trackable, and so Gabriel was trying to be quick. They would appear outside the door to an apartment, and Gabriel would let himself in quickly, turning to Yami, "Please come in." Yami had to be invited in, just like anybody else that wanted to enter.

If Yami entered, he'd probably feel the wards as he stepped in and Gabriel would quickly shut and lock the door, before sinking to sit on the floor. "Ugh...teleporting always makes me feel sick at my stomach."

Of course, most of that could only happen if Yami trusted in the first place, and if they were quick enough to get by The Creator.

Yami had allowed the whole ordeal, following Gabriel willingly.
He didn't much mind as long as they were away from The Creator.

He glanced around, before kneeling next to Gabriel, putting his hand on the boys should, his hand glowing lightly. The nausea soon faded away. "Are you alright? You are not harmed?" He asked, looking over Gabriel quickly to make sure he wasn't.

He was rather concerned. Now The Creator knew the boy, he'd be in danger too for helping him.
He tried to shrug off the thought.
"...Thank you Gabriel."

Now that they were in the apartment, Yami might notice it was pretty sparse, but it worked well enough to hang out in for a short while. Gabriel was grateful when Yami helped the nausea to fade and he'd grin at the man, "Thanks...my family always makes fun of me for that...but I never did handle it well." He'd stand up, and he'd go and close the curtains to the balcony. It may be warded, but that didn't make them invisible.

"You're welcome. Seems like he's a big bully. I can't stand guys like that." He was still a bit shaken, but the color was starting to come back into his cheeks, "How about that hot chocolate?"

Yami glanced around a bit, pulling away from Gabriel and standing up.
"It happens to the best of us. Even I have issues like that in this body.
When not being in my Sanctuary, I am vulnerable. It is annoying because I enjoy it on this plain
more than overlooking things from a distance. I prefer to figure out what;s going on through experience rather than watching it like a film." He sighed, running his hand through his hair.

"The Creator has been an enemy of mine for years now, and I doubt he'll ever give up. He's vengeful, and cruel. But society drove him to it. So... despite the things he's done to me, I do not loathe him. But I do not like him at all either." He said simply.

He then glanced to Gabriel and gave a gentle smile, "...That would be nice."

Gabe bit his lip, "Then you should be able to come here as you please." He'd be making his way to the kitchen to start on his hot chocolate. He made his with milk and actual melted chocolate, so it'd probably take a few minutes to prepare. "My husband and I used to live here before we moved into our house. My..." He'd cut himself off, as if he wasn't sure what to say after that, "Grandpa, of sorts, put the wards up here, to protect me from something that was actually after him." Gabe wasn't kidding when he said he ran into trouble often. "They should hold steady against...this creator guy."

The kitchen had a bar that was open, so that Yami could sit at it and still talk to Gabe who was working in the kitchen, "I had an enemy like that once. I felt...he was only doing what he was created to do...so how could we blame him?" He'd look down at his feet, "It ended up being a mistake to think that way." He'd sigh and stir the chocolate that was just starting to melt, "Anyway, we should be safe here. Sorry your beach trip got cut short."

Yami followed him quietly, sitting down at the bar at the kitchen and listening to Gabriel quietly.
"...It's hard to figure out what to do sometimes... with my opponent, he was driven to his state by others... so how can I despise him when others caused him to be like this? But either way, I can't kill him. I'm not allowed." Yami closed his eyes and sighed.

He nodded about the comment about the wards and a similar enemy, "...Yes, sometimes life can be like that..." He touched his chest, "Even if I desired to kill The Creator... being what I am, if I change his fate, and break his thread, it will crack my soul. My soul is sealed in a magic orb within my sanctuary, and when I change fates, the invisible threads connected to it slowly destroy it. So I'm limited in what I can and cannot do." He sighed. "...I've had a few occasions where I've done things I 'shouldn't' have anyways... brought those fated to die back from the dead... healed those who were meant to die... killed those who were meant to die another way... and it was excruciating.... but I felt it was the right thing to do... but fate apparently said otherwise."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Friendly Meeting(1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus