Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Friendly Meeting(1x1)

Gabriel (played by Loki) Topic Starter

Gabriel would continue to make the hot chocolates, "It's a tough spot to be in. I don't envy your position." He'd pause to look up at Yami, "It must be a tough burden to bare. I'm sorry." He sounded as if he actually meant it too. "A group of us changed someones fate once. It turned out for the better though. I guess we were just lucky." He'd give Yami a little smile and he'd go back to making the drinks.

"If it's just protection you need, I've been a bodyguard before." It was hard to imagine shrimpy little Gabriel in that role, but it was true. "I mean, I could at least try and make sure he leaves you alone while you're visiting here." He'd go to make up some whipped cream to put on the hot chocolates then, having just added the mint flavoring.
Yami (played by Amirrora)

Yami watched Gabriel work quietly, enjoying the smell of the melted chocolate and milk mixture. "...It can be." He replied slowly about the burden. "But it's all I've ever known. It's what I was made to be." He smiled a bit about the group of them changing fate. "Sometimes... it can work out for the best. But you never know until you do it."

Yami was a bit surprised at Gabriel's next words. A body guard? He debated. In a way.. it sounded perfect. While The Creator knew him and his abilities, he didn't know Gabriel's, and he could end up actually able to enjoy himself a bit while visiting this plain. He watched Gabriel add the whipped cream after adding the mint, he enjoyed the aroma from it.
"...You realize it would be very dangerous for you."

Gabriel would get down some mugs as he spoke to Yami, "I'm glad we were lucky. Getting to the point where we could help was tough." He'll go about pouring the minty chocolate mixture into the pink mugs and he's adding a dollop of whipped cream to each mug. He's then moving back to the fridge, so he can add a sprig of fresh mint to the top, and he'll drizzle a bit of left over melted chocolate across the whipped cream, for looks. He'll place that on the bar top in front of Yami, "There. Let me know what you think." Gabriel definitely had a gift for cooking, it might very well be the best hot chocolate Yami ever had.

He'll sip at his own drink, "I know. But what's life without a little danger? It's not fair to you that you can come down and enjoy your time here. I'd be happy to help in any way that I can." What use were his powers if he didn't use them for good?

Yami watched the rest of the prep work while thinking.
I don't want to put him in danger... but if I didn't have to do things alone,
I could easily complete my work, and also relax and have some down time...
Things could work out nicely in my favour, and I believe if things went bad I could at least heal or protect Gabriel.

He looked at the hot chocolate, seeming thoroughly impressed.
"It looks very beautiful. Artistic in a way."
He gently brought it close, feeling the warmpth within his hands and taking a sip.

"True... life is a tad boring without such excitement..."

Gabriel seemed pleased by Yami's praise, and his cheeks colored a little, "Thank you." He always worried over his cooking, "Do you like it?" He was like an eager child, seeking acceptance. The hopeful look on his face was almost cute, hopefully Yami did enjoy the hot chocolate.

"Trust me, if you could see all the stuff that I've been through, you'd see it really wasn't a big deal." He's grinning, "Have you got a phone? Or some means of contacting me? You might have to spend some time hanging around the restaurant if it's a sudden visit, but other than that I should be able to go with you where you want to go. You won't even notice I'm there."

Even though Gabriel was offering an expensive service, he still hadn't brought up the question of payment, it was almost like he didn't expect to be paid.

Yami smiled a little, "Yes. It's very good." He replied sipping at it more-so.
It was a wonderful combination of flavours, and it was a nice treat for the God considering he didn't eat much.

"I believe you." Yami replied simply, then was quiet, "I can contact you through telepathy. I don't have a phone and don't care much for technology." He explained.
"What would you like in exchange for these services?" He asked simply.
"Money? Items? Skills?" He offered. He couldn't offer power as that altered fate.
But small things weren't a big deal.

He noticed how Gabriel didn't seem to be concerned about payment, so he thought he'd bring it up.

Gabriel looked relieved about the hot chocolate, "Yay!" He could be so childlike sometimes. The telepathy comment has him looking a little concerned, "Hm...hold on a moment." He'd leave his hot chocolate on the counter and he'd disappear back into the bedroom area, before coming back out with a delicate gold bracelet that had a pretty green emerald cut into a diamond shape as the charm. "Do you think you could use something like this to communicate? I don't handle telepathy well." It would be simple, Yami would just have to touch the device and it would help to make the bridge for the two of them to communicate. Sort of like placing a telephone call to his mind.

As for payment, he'd tilt his head to the side, "Hm..." He's heading back to his drink, "I...I don't know. I hadn't really thought about it." He'd been so eager to help, having something in return never crossed his mind. "Whatever you think is fair." He wasn't concerned about it.

Yami chuckled at Gabriel's 'Yay', but seemed amused.
He continued sipping at his hot chocolate as Gabriel left the room, just giving him a brief nod as he told him to hold on a moment. He looked to the bracelet, examining it. "Yes, I can use something like that easily."

As for the payment coming back up again, as Yami finished the hot chocolate, he touched the rim and the cup was instantly clean. He then held his hands together, a glow enveloping them. When he opened them, he held out a diamond the size of a golf-ball. "Would this do for a down-payment?" It glittered and shined so beautifully, it must have been the purest diamond Gabriel had ever seen.

Gabriel would nod, "Good. I...keep my mind well guarded. Even someone well meaning punching through the shields...hurts." He'd notice the clean cup, and he'd beam, "Hey thanks! You didn't have to do that." He'll look around, "Did you want something else to eat or drink?" Gabriel really didn't mind, his passion was cooking.

It's then that Yami presents him with a sparkling diamond, and Gabriel's eyes go wide and round with shock, "I think that's a bit of an over payment..." It really was pretty though, and he'd love to craft something with it. Enchanted jewelry was a hobby of his, "And by a bit I mean a lot..." He still seemed uncomfortable with asking for payment for his work anyway, and it showed. "I like hanging around you anyway, it's no big deal." He couldn't deny that the diamond was very tempting though.

Yami nodded in understanding. "Alright, I'll use the tool provided to me then."
He paused, seeing how enthusiastic Gabriel was about the clean cup and smiled a bit, "It's not a big deal. You did serve me something nice." He paused at the offer, tempted. "Well... it's your choice. It's optional for me, but it is very enjoyable."

He then laughed at th comment about the overpayment, "For dealing with The Creator, trust me, it's an under-payment." He pushed it into Gabriel's hand. "Plus, I can tell you enjoy making jewellery right?" He held up the bracelet as an example. "You could probably make dozen's of lovely sets with this."
He smiled, "But it's nice to know that you're so kind-hearted."

(Bump in case my partner misplaced the forum.)

Gabriel thought about it a moment, "Let's see what I've got. We don't stay here very often, not since we got the house." He'd head over to the fridge to poke around, "Hm, I could probably do mac n cheese." Not the kind out of the box either, the real stuff! Maybe he was just trying to fatten Yami up? Who knew. "I like cooking."

He's handed the diamond as he's gathering ingredients, "I do, and pure stones like this work the best but..." He looked like he felt guilty about taking such a lavish payment. "I'm just not used to being paid like this. Thank you very much. I'll be sure to put it to good use." He'll set the stone carefully on the counter, only to turn beet red at Yami's compliment to his character, "Ah...not really. I just like helping. My family certainly wouldn't say such a thing about me." He'd sigh, and then he was going to work on making some homemade mac n cheese. "When was the last time you visited here?"

Yami watched him look around the kitchen and relaxed. "Mac and cheese? This sounds nice. I don't believe I've ever had that one before." He replied.

He smiled a bit at Gabriel's comment about being payed.
"I'm certain you will Gabriel."
He then chuckled at how red Gabriel got.
"Don't worry. What you think of yourself should matter the most. True happiness comes with self-acceptance."

Yami had to paused at the next question, "A few weeks ago. I was injured so I had to take some time to recover."

Gabriel seems shocked, "You've never had mac n cheese?! That's awful!" Apparently it was something that Gabe really liked. "I made a good choice then, I'm sure you'll love it." He's just going to be a busy little bee in the kitchen, going about preparing the food.

He'd slow a bit when Yami told him it should be what he thought of himself that mattered, and he'd shrug. "I don't really think that highly of myself. Hubris is a sin. I just try and do my best." Which usually wasn't good enough, for anybody.

When Yami mentions being injured, he'll look up at him, "I've got a fair hand with healing. I'm much better at that than offensive spells. Hopefully you won't be needing that particular skill though."

Yami chuckled a bit at Gabe's shock over the Mac and Cheese.
He thought it was kinda funny in a cute way. The child amused him greatly.
It was a good thing though, as he needed to relax a bit.

"Being too prideful is a Sin, but being proud of your accomplishments merely gives you the strength and motivation to continue in life, to a degree, pride is good. But within healthy doses and not shall we say... being a 'hot head'." Yami replied and smiled, getting up and walking over to Gabe, patting him gently on the head. He was a great deal taller than Gabe at his height of 6'2'', and it seemed like he was praising a child on their good work or something.

"And I'm sure your healing skills will come in handy as well. I do agree it would be better to not have to use them though." He then grinned, "So why do you like 'Mac n Cheese' so much?"

Gabriel is patted on the head, but instead of being angry, he kind of liked it. A couple of those odd hearts Yami had seen before would even pop up around his head. Gabe's still going about making the food, but he doesn't seem to mind Yami in the kitchen. "That's not really the way I was raised. It's nice of you to say so though." And it just made him all the more determined to help Yami out.

"Healing and defensive things come more naturally to me. I guess I'm just not naturally aggressive enough for offensive things. Mostly people think that makes me a coward." He'd shrug, and when Yami asked about the Mac n Cheese, he was quite for a minute.

"I...don't really know how to explain. It's...well in the area I grew up in, it's like a comfort food I guess? I always thought it was like...something that a Mom would make for a kid. It's the kind of thing I wanted my Mom to make for me." He's going back to cooking, "It's stupid really. I used to have all these dumb fantasies about what my Mom was like when I was little." He knew better now though. "Anyway, needless to say I learned to make it myself. Most people use stuff out of the box, but that's totally not the same!" He'd give Yami a grin, "You'll see when you taste it."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Friendly Meeting(1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus