Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Demon and Human Rp (Open) (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Okay, so I'm basically getting this idea from the anime show Inuyasha. You don't need to know much about the actual anime other than the fact that the setting is in the Feudal Era of Japan. There is little to no tech and the world is pretty open and untouched. The world is full of Demons and Humans, who are not very fond of Demons. The largest settlements are referred to as castles (even they if they are not exactly castles) or holds and the smallest being villages. Most humans attack demons on sight, if given the chance, and I say "most" due to the fact of there being the occasional story of a Human falling for a Demon and vice versa. Higher people are referred to as my Lord or Lady. Military ranks are pretty much the same as now. War is a pretty common thing.

The Rp doesn't really need or have a plot, however, if you want to come up with one or discuss one we can. I more or less lean towards Romance, but it doesn't need to be. Your character could be a Human or Demon. Keep in mind as a human you do not have any special abilities unless you are a Demon Hunter/Slayer or a Priest/Priestess (Listed below). If you have something else in mind for a human, ask and we can discuss it.

Humans do not use very much magic--Only as listed below:
Priest/Priestess -- Holy people with spiritual powers who help guide and aid people.
Powers include:
Purification -- Ability to remove demonic auras from people, places, and objects.
Sutras -- Written incantations what act as demon destroying amulets. Sutras are also used to identify demons who have hidden in human form, as a single touch from a powerful sutra is capable of instantly revealing a disguised demon. They can also be used to erect physical spiritual barriers.
Barriers -- Energy fields designed to trap or repel demons or any other unwanted beings. Barriers can keep both humans and demons from passing through (Some barriers can be broken).
Shikigami -- Spectral entities created and empowered by the creators spirit energies, capable of assuming a variety of forms (Usually keep to one form or whatever creator wishes, no human form, animal and demon-like forms only). These spirit puppets also have the ability to gather and collect items (Physical objects) and energy (Souls - only of recently deceased).
Sealing -- When a Priest or Priestess encounters a demon that is too powerful to destroy, outright the holy person will often employ a combination of enchantments and barriers to bind the demonic being into a kind of spiritual prison. Seals can be undone by other priests or priestess. Demons can break seals but the process is long and takes a lot of power. (Weapons like sealing arrows can bind demons to a sacred tree for eternity)
Armed Combat -- Training in the more mundane arts of battle are vital to survival: Bows and arrows can be employed with great efficiency and accuracy. Swords can be enhanced. Staffs can be Enhanced, thrown, and used to purify. Additionally holy men and women often channel their spiritual powers into their weapons allowing them to deal both energetic and physical damage.
Healing -- Taught in the arts of medicine. Knowledge of a variety of different plants and herbs that could be used to cure a number of sicknesses. Powerful priests or priestesses may have the ability to save those on the brink of death, dispelling the pallbearers of the underworld with a single touch. (Healing doesn't mean a wound will be healed instantly--No, "Emitting lights" from the palm of your hand and completely healing)
Miasma Resistance -- Not to be as vulnerable to effects of a dense and formidable miasma cloud. (Will still take little damage)
Curse Magic -- Can be used to kill (Slowly - giving a chance to be broken) or control another being from a distance. This is a dark practice that is HIGHLY looked down on.
Spiritual Awareness -- "Sixth sense" Enables them to detect both barriers and demons alike, even when a nefarious being is concealed by magic.
Charms -- Can be used to ward off or attract demons and evil spirits, can be created by a priest or priestess and given to others. Charms can be broken.
Beads of Subjugation -- Enchanted beads that can bring a demon under control with the use of a particular word. The beads will have a unique affect on the demon. These beads are rare and require complete concentration to use and cast onto a demon. The demon cannot remove the beads themselves.

Demon Hunters/Slayers -- Combat and kill Demons even with the lacking of spiritual powers.
Include:
Enhanced Strength -- As humans, they have trained themselves to attain strength at peak of human potential to fully utilize their various weaponry. They can lift large objects and weapons other humans and even some demons cannot.
Enhanced Stamina -- Through their constant training since childhood, their stamina and endurance are much greater than ordinary humans. Even being able to reach impressive speeds.
Beast Mastery -- Command or attain companionship with beasts and lesser demons. Mainly animal type demons like wolves, cat type demons, and etc.
Weapons and Armor -- Weapons and armor are made from the bones of slain demons:
Dagger Gauntlet: dagger hidden within the sleeve and can be retracted.
Wakizashi: a one-handed sword, sometimes mistaken for a katana.
Yokai Paralyzing Poisons: a poisonous concoction that paralyzes demons.
Numbing Potions: mainly used when a slayer wishes not to kill a demon. The poison will numb the demon, the time limit varies.
Chains: the chains are used to constrict or hold enemies.
Mask: protects the wearer from poisons and miasma. (Also from their own gases and poisons)
You can add your own main weapon. These listed above are basic ones every slayer has.

I try to match the length of posts made by my Rp partner. I don't really care how much you post as long as you give me something to work with, no one sentence reply unless there isn't much to reply to. I, myself try to make a decent sized paragraph and will expect you to eventually take the lead. You can add your own events to the story. If you have any questions- Don't be afraid to ask. :)

I will most likely be using my Fox Demon, Shizuka. If another of my characters interest you, you need only ask.
This would be a PM Rp, 1 on 1. If preferred it could be made a group PM or Form. Reply here or PM me~ Thanks for checking this out~
Magic 60%
Magic may be accepted as truth but is not common. It might be harnessed only by specific beings. Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones.
Technology 00%
Stone tools and fire
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

MrQ

dropping a note here just to show interest.
Kitsune_Of_Ninetails Topic Starter

Okay, that is fine. Let me know if you have any questions or wish to talk about it~
MrQ

No, it's quite detailed and self explanatory. We can take it to pm anytime you want and go over anything plot wise.
Mind me having a go as a Demon Hunter?

Abraham Marcus Lyall wrote:
Mind me having a go as a Demon Hunter?
Of course you can. We can discuss other details via Pm?
Sure. :)
jade (played by arowfume)

can i be not a human or a demon but a gnoll (a hyena person)

jade wrote:
can i be not a human or a demon but a gnoll (a hyena person)

Gnoll? Umm, I'm sure we could work something out but.. I'm not sure how that'd fit? Pm me and we'll work something out.
jade (played by arowfume)

(ok im ready)
Typhus Eklight (played by Novarion)

Anything against a part demon? 1/4 demon, so any kind of demonic power they would have is diluted, or is restricted (nura clan for reference. (Is also familiar with the entirity of inuyasha.))

Typhus Eklight wrote:
Anything against a part demon? 1/4 demon, so any kind of demonic power they would have is diluted, or is restricted (nura clan for reference. (Is also familiar with the entirity of inuyasha.))

Nope, half demons are allowed. That's okay~

Then I wish to play a part demon with Typhus here.

His grandfather was a great Inugami warlord, leaving his father only half demon and his mother was full human.

He has control of shadows but they are weak in the sun and wane the closer to the full moon it gets.

Typhus Eklight wrote:
Then I wish to play a part demon with Typhus here.

His grandfather was a great Inugami warlord, leaving his father only half demon and his mother was full human.

He has control of shadows but they are weak in the sun and wane the closer to the full moon it gets.

Okay, sounds good. Does thy wish to be Pm or the form topic?
Hiro (played by ConnanBell)

Um, hey, you still looking? I have Hiro here, and I have a reasonably unique setup for it if you are.

Hiro wrote:
Um, hey, you still looking? I have Hiro here, and I have a reasonably unique setup for it if you are.
Yeah, feel free to join in on the form, unless you wanna do Pm? I'm fine with either, though if you want to PM go ahead and send one :P

The_Blood_Demon wrote:
Okay, sounds good. Does thy wish to be Pm or the form topic?

Either or is fine with me. Which ever you would prefer.
Tatum (played anonymously)

If you're still in need of people, I can have Tatum join in as a Demon Hunter

Tatum wrote:
If you're still in need of people, I can have Tatum join in as a Demon Hunter
Well, it's always open really, you can join on the form or we can do an individual PM RP.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Demon and Human Rp (Open) (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus