Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » It's been a while...

Well, it's been quite some time. For those who recognize the name, I'm pretty sure nothing else needs to be said.

However, for those who don't, I'm the creator of Sauron Runecaster, my first RP character and the longest lasting character I've ever had in online roleplay. I started long before the days of Lycos (which the moderators should remember well) on a little known website called WBS (which I now long forgot what it stood for). I've been roleplaying for 22 years, since I was around the age of 9. I've been LARPing for about 12 years. Well versed in a variety of gaming systems, including Dungeons and Dragons, RIFTs, and Champions HERO's. I'm strongly intimate with the fantasy element, though I do occasionally enjoy roleplay from other genre.

I haven't roleplayed online steadily since the ending days of Lycosia (a sad event). I have popped in and out since RPR got started. I much prefer live roleplay as opposed to forum style (that is, chat speed roleplay, real time responses) because it's easy to loose place in a forum style when multiple people get involved (and continuity is a big thing to me). BUT, that doesn't mean I discount it entirely, nor that I don't enjoy it.

My style of roleplay can range from quiet and observational to direct and confrontational, childlike innocence to hard core adult material. I am of the strong opinion that if there is a roleplay I can't take part of, then I'm not trying hard enough (in terms of material, not in terms of quality). Let's start a session.

rolled 1d20 and got 16
Lets see what my luck is like here.

Welcome back to the folds of textbased roleplaying!

I think it's great that you are giving RPR a second chance. I understand how group rps can get kind of frustrating, but in a way, they are also magical. A collaboration between multiple individuals to create a fantastic world and plot. There is always one on one, or pm rping, where you rp with just one person other than yourself, which is alot easier just with keeping track of the plot.

With one as flexible as yourself, it sounds like you will be able to join any rp you like. You can take a look through the rp forums and look for any that may interest you, or if you had something in mind, even advertise your own! If you want to play with only one other rper, you can still put up an advertisement, or you can message other users, and see if they would be up for it. In my experience, these people are all crazy for rp, and if not overloaded already would love to start another one. ;)
Kim Site Admin

Welcome back to the site! :)

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but you can use the "launch chat" button at the top and bottom of any forum topic, whether it's in a private group forum or our public RP forums, to turn your topic into a real time chat! There's also a link in the sidebar of private messages that will let you do the same.

We also just added support for push notifications for those who want to stay even more connected to their RPs: http://www.rprepository.com/community/newspost.php?post=451 :)
Sauron_Runecaster Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Welcome back to the site! :)

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but you can use the "launch chat" button at the top and bottom of any forum topic, whether it's in a private group forum or our public RP forums, to turn your topic into a real time chat! There's also a link in the sidebar of private messages that will let you do the same.

We also just added support for push notifications for those who want to stay even more connected to their RPs: http://www.rprepository.com/community/newspost.php?post=451 :)

Thank you! I've noticed that, I just haven't had a chance to check it out yet. Gotta find some role play to happen first.
To meet another veteran returning to our ranks... It is truly an honor, good sir, to make your acquaintance. But no really, I love meeting people who've come back to the site. It's always a treat knowing who came before me and newer members!

Aside, welcome back to RPR! I'm Lotus, but call me Light or whatever you like! It's really sweet to meet you! I'm sure you know the ropes around here, but like Kim said, we did just add some really nifty push notifications that make roleplaying much easier!

But please feel free to get reacquainted to the towers and spires, the hallways and mazes, the space stations and planetary bases, and the many varied modern hot spots that are only part of the vast multiverses of RPR! Hope to bump into you along the way during your journeys! I'll be on the sci-fi side that converges with myths and magic.

LightSide-Lotus wrote:
To meet another veteran returning to our ranks... It is truly an honor, good sir, to make your acquaintance. But no really, I love meeting people who've come back to the site. It's always a treat knowing who came before me and newer members!

Aside, welcome back to RPR! I'm Lotus, but call me Light or whatever you like! It's really sweet to meet you! I'm sure you know the ropes around here, but like Kim said, we did just add some really nifty push notifications that make roleplaying much easier!

But please feel free to get reacquainted to the towers and spires, the hallways and mazes, the space stations and planetary bases, and the many varied modern hot spots that are only part of the vast multiverses of RPR! Hope to bump into you along the way during your journeys! I'll be on the sci-fi side that converges with myths and magic.

You might like a role play thread I started then. It's called "The Mystic Tavern". It's technically a pocket dimension, and all walks of life are welcome there (tech and magic alike). It's a very peaceful setting (which is provided), and is a throw-back to The Mystic Tavern from when Lycos.com had their role play chat available (ancient history).

Aside from that, perhaps I will see you around. I'm always open to some role play, and if you ever feel yourself bored, I've no issues with starting one-on-one role play in private chats either.

Wow...I just checked my inbox, and found messages between me and some of the original members discussing ways to improve the site. Might pour through it and see which of my suggestions may have taken hold :D
Welcome back! :) I hope you find the site even MORE awesome than it was when you left! :)

Thank you everyone!

So...what ever became of User : EbonySnow ? She's the one I was discussing site plans with.
Sanne Moderator

Welcome back to the site! It's good to have you with us again. :)

I'm afraid I haven't seen EbonySnow around at all for quite some time. :( She's been on my friends list and I've been active consistently for years, and I haven't seen activity from her. Maybe you can drop her a PM and hope she'll see an email notification?
Welcome back to RP Repository! It has only improved since you have left! ^.^
Hi! Welcome back :) I hope you'll stay with us this time :D
HibariHaru

Hi and welcome back to RPR! Nice to meet you! ♥

You are on: Forums » Introductions » It's been a while...

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus