Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Digital art

Hello all!

So I've tried to get more into digital art and experiment with color and such, as that's something I've never really done a lot of. I downloaded GIMP (can't really afford Photoshop right now..) and played around with some colors on a new OC of mine,
Cyril.
0fcbce4.png

Yeah. It turned out slightly sideways. XD
I know I'm not the best, so if you've got any tips or suggestions I would love to hear them! Thank you!
He came out really cute! While I can't offer up any artist tips (I'm sadly not an artist D: ) I can tell you that fire alpaca is free, and I really like how it lines and colors! ^_^
Vermilion Topic Starter

Loki wrote:
He came out really cute! While I can't offer up any artist tips (I'm sadly not an artist D: ) I can tell you that fire alpaca is free, and I really like how it lines and colors! ^_^

Aww, thank you! :)
I'll definitely check out Fire Alpaca and try that out. Thanks!
Once you get the hang of it you can do amazing things with Gimp. My avatar is made with gimp, for example (I'm not bragging, I'm trying to provide encouragement). Give it lots of time and practice and you'll see it was all worth it!

I'd suggest you draw a bit bigger though; that way you can put more detail in, without making it look cramped. Maybe also use bolder lines? It might just be a question of taste though.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Digital art

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus