Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Quest for the Bright Evening Star (Open)

Blank (played by Luulu)

Dart stood their paused, hand raised into the perfect knocking fist just inches away from the hard wood that was the door to room number twenty three. He stared at the number, his eyes showing the nervousness of his dry throat. He could knock right now, he should. His hazel eyes gazing at what he could only imagine was through that door. Maybe she would respond. He was confused though.

Did this happen so quickly? Could a man enter a lady's room so shortly after meeting her? Memories he had wanted to forget flashed through his brain, and Dart let his arm drop to one side. Surely he was mistaken, and she had meant something else. surely....

Dart glanced towards the hallway, three or four doors down where his own room resided. Grey was in there already, snoring away in their shared bed. They hadn't had enough coin to get a room with two beds, and Grey was small anyway. Dart snorted at the idea of the little man stretched completely across the small twin bed in disgust. So much for being proper.

Dart made up his mind.

He cleared his throat, then knocked on the door.

"Miss Abigail?" He called, just barely enough for anyone to hear.

Maybe she was already asleep and wouldn't answer.
Tamesis (played by Krieg_005)

Tamesis was far too passed out to have any dreams or any other activities for that matter. He was just lucky that at this moment he wasn't sick enough to start vomiting... while he was unconcious anyway. In the mean time he sleeps for a handful of hours before he would wake roused partly by his body's refusal of the alcoholic content of his stomach and at the urging of his weasel to make sure he would get up before he might mess up his room. He barely makes it to a bucket but is glad he hadn't done that in front of everyone else...
Taihi Kasisqua (played by CactusBat)

Taihi caught Abby's look, and briefly cast a look after her as she left. But then he caught the look that Dart was giving her. He let the mercenary take after her, as he stayed below, and enjoyed his meal in quiet contemplation.

It would not for him, a deep dweller, to sow wild oats on the surface. Right now, he saw nothing to come from it, especially once he returned to the Underdark. What woman would want to live down in that dangerous abyss?

No, let the fighter woo the bard, let him wait for the right moment...and right woman...to come along. That would be best for a man of his bearing.

These thoughts sorted, he climbed the stairs for his room, and took his traveling cloak to the window to cover it from the moonlight, sleeping in the pitch dark till the breaking of the dawn came.
Abigail Sommerset (played by TheLily) Topic Starter

Abby flew down the stairs, wearing a towel over her wet dressing gown. Only a few were left awake, and plenty drunk they were. She breezes past them, without a second thought, going to the bar, "I need another couple of towels, if possible. There was a touch of an accident with my bath." She smiled wide, unaware that Dart was following after her.
Dart and Grey (played by Luulu)

Quite a noise he must have made, charging out of the room and into the main tavern as he did. For a fighter, someone who was supposedly known for some kind of grace, he stumbled over...well...everything in his haste to "save" Abigaile from the "dangerous drunk men". He stumbled over the door frame, again on a loose crack in the floor, and a third time...right down the stairs to land snugly on his face at the bottom of them.

Even so he rose quickly as he could, looking around the room angrily. He had expected to see a leering lech ready to make a grab for a pretty girl. He saw the drunk men, but non had as of yet made any moves. He snarled at them, standing protectively behind Abigaile, daring any of them to make a move. To her he whispered, "That wansn't very safe you know!"

For his part, Grey poked his head sleepily out of the door to his and Dart's own quarters. "S'maetter?" He muttered, eyes still half closed. His hair was down, framing the young Kender's face more affectionatly that the top knot of hair normally did.

Tamesis wonders what ever had possessed him to drink quite so much ale... as much as he loved the stuff he usually knew his limits. Or at least he perceived himself to anyway. After vomiting so much he was exhausted but his head pounded: he needed water. At the same time he ached to pass back out into his bed to deal with the hangover properly when the sun had risen.

Eventually he hauls himself back downstairs, just in time to hear Dart warn the Bard about her dangerous actions but he ignored them. He went to the bar and demanded boiled water. Lots of it. When presented with large mug of the liquid of life he muttered an arcane incantation that sucked the heat from the liquid, forming it into a cohesive ball and dispersing it throughout the room to add a few degrees of temperature to the bar. He smiled for a moment before lifting his mug only to realize he had done this much too... efficiently. He stared at the mug of ice that had been hot water and plunked it down on the bar top and laid his head down hard on top in frustration. While the impact hurt, a lot, the chill of the ice was quite soothing to the pounding of his head. Not a bad way to work this out for now...

Taihi roused last of them, and promptly whipped his coat from the window. He hissed as the bright sunlight hit his eyes, causing him to stumble back, blinking and grumbling. "Wrenched sun. Grrr..." He swept the coat onto his shoulders before heading downstairs to reconvene with the rest of his new found companions.

As he came by the door of Grey, he noticed the man poking his head out of the door, Taihi ruffled the rogues topknot and kept walking. He passed Abby and Dart, and favored them both with a smirk, "have a little too much fun, I see?" He chortled softly, before easing into the common room and finding Tamesis sitting there.

"You know, there are probably better ways to recover. Ones less likely to leave the skin numbed or give frostbite." He eased into the seat opposite the traveling arcanist, a small wry grin on his face. He was in good spirits it seemed. "A strong mushroom tea always helped me in the past. Though, I imagine that sort of thing would be scarce here, wouldn't it?"

Abby grinned at Dart, "You want to protect me? That's sweet." She cupped his chin and softly kissed his cheek again. The man behind the bar gave them another towel and Abby offered it to Dart, "Come on. Go up and get out of those wet clothes before you catch cold. I'd never forgive myself if you died."

She lightly rubbed the back of Tamesis' shoulder, "Sweetie, don't play with magic when you're this... indisposed. Can you get him a cool water this time?" She smiled at Taihi, "Maybe, but we could also just dunk him in some water."

Dart was frozen, though this time not simply with the shock of her kiss. Women weren't suppose to be able to handle themselves. That was his job. He was suppose to protect them, that was what the text books all said at least. Even though he found himself following Abigail's orders, shaking his head miserably as he did so. "Apparantly this one can" he murmured, not even paying attention to Grey's beaming face as he shuffled into the room.

A beaming face that didn't stay beaming for long.

"Where is your shirt? I said be a man, not be a scoundrel!" Came Grey's screeching, high pitched voice followed by a hollow sounding *thwack!* and a grown from Dart. Shortly after the two of them returned to the others. Grey was grinning merrily at everyone, occasionally letting his hand wander. Dart was following after him, swatting said hand away almost subconciously and muttering things like "little bugger" and "doesn't know his place" and "Just not right" under his breath. He still had not retrieved his shirt, but the rest of him was dry at least. This was not turning out to be his morning.

Tamesis suddenly wishes he knew a spell with which to silence all the sounds he heard... namely those of his 'companions' attempting to give him advice about his hangover. He did enjoy the touch on the shoulder though. That was nice.

He looked over with his eyes at the underground dweller, "I rather enjoy this actually... and I am thinking about melting it slightly with a reversal of what I did earlier with a little less gusto. Besides, I am an evoker: I do not do subtle magics... could work on my finesse though."

Taihi shrugged, "If this is what you enjoy." He chuckled lightly, 'I would not know the measures you'd need to undergo to learn that finesse. What I know of the evoker's arts is largely secondhand, knowledge largely just shared by the magical heritage of my people. Oh, and by first hand experience with flame spitting traps. You get to know fireball charms quite well that way." He grinned sheepishly.

Abby smiled over at Grey, her grin lopsided as she continued to rub his shoulders soothingly, leaning in to hum softly in his ear, healing some of the damage done to his system by the alcohol. She stopped when she heard Grey, pulling back to laugh, only taking some of the pain away.

"You see, Grey, Dart came into my room, looking to woo me and honestly it was just too much for me. I invited him to my bath..." She stopped, unable to contain herself, "He came to talk and leaned against my screen and fell into the tub of water. He was nothing but a perfect gentleman. Even came down to save me from the awful scoundrels down here!"

Dart eyed Lily's hands on Tamesis' shoulder grumpily, but chose to remain quiet. After all it wasn't like she was .his. woman after all, and even if she was....He shuddered a bit, there was something slightly intimidating about the small woman. So, instead of making a further ass of himself Dart chose to sulk grumpily.

Grey, on the other hand, had only improved his mood. "Well that is very good miss Abigail! It simply wouldn't do otherwise!" He turned his attention to the evoker, and nudged him. "Drank a bit to much eh?" Now if his nudge happened to reach towards any pockets Tamesis might have...

While having many pockets within his clothing Tamesis does not appear to have any visible ones beyond those of his spell component pouch. On top of his shoulder scurries out his weasel, which while not directly linked to his mind, is capable of giving the wizard some warning. It looks about at all the people around its master looking to all who had spoken and noting the roving hand of the Kender with interest. It watches him, head cocked to the side, wondering what he might be doing.

"Yes yes I drank too much... can we move onto another topic? Breakfast perhaps... I could use some food..."

Taihi glanced around, "Tamesis speaks sense, breakfast would be welcome. I will buy for you if that's acceptable." He fished a leather pouch out of his coat, and counted out some strange octagon shaped gold coins. Each one had a long legged spider stamped on the face. It was around the correct price for morning meals for four.

Abby smiled, "Oh, excellent. Pancakes and eggs sound good." She sat down and pointed at a seat beside her, "Sit here, Dart." She rubbed her hands together and ordered for all of them, without asking what they would like, "Just make up..." She glanced at them, "twenty-five pancakes and three eggs each or so for us all, scrambled." She idly reached for a coin, looking it over before replacing it in the pile.

Dart found himself blindly following Abigail's orders and sitting on the stool beside her as directed. The area was filling up again, mostly with men with hangovers of all kinds, so the are was roughly calmer than the night before. Even so, Dart's mood continued to sour until his own head graced the table much like Tamesis.

Speaking of the wizard...Grey's little Kender fingers had slipped into the spell component pouch, finger tips just barely centimeters away from any actual components when the food arrived. His hand came out, and he took a single moment to snicker at Dart's disposition before pouncing on whatever food was closest and begin eating.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Quest for the Bright Evening Star (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus