Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Quest for the Bright Evening Star (Open)

Blank (played by Luulu)

Grey's response was to be expected. His clear eyes welling up with tears even as Dart smacked his hand away to keep him from pocketing any of the silverware. "How sad for them...." He murmured weakly. Dart sighed, one hand resting on his chin again, his attention focused on Abigail. He had to admit, she had a wonderful voice. Dart found himself resisting the urge to toss money onto the table and coughed. "That is...well, the song was pretty and all.." He stuttered, still reacting to her music, "But that's the point of it? To tell the story of two complete strangers that have nothing to do with anyone here?"
Tamesis (played by Krieg_005)

Listens to the tale and finds himself moved by the words... though he is not sure whether or not its the drink talking or if he's genuinely pleased with the song. He pushes the empty plate away and is about to finish off his mug of ale when Dart spoke. Clearly that one never pays attention to the singers before it would seem so the drunken mage attempts to enlighten him.

"Not like anyone here has anything to do with ancient happenings but we like to hear of them anyway... even if it is an elven tale of love and loss it still strikes a chord to this day."
Taihi Kasisqua (played by CactusBat)

Taihi eased himself down into a seat beside Dart, setting his own bowl of food down, just before Abby got up and began to sing.

He listened raptly, his food forgotten as she sang. Her harp reminded him of the cave harps the bards used back home, bringing him a small forlorn listlessness. He propped his head up against the palm of his hand and listened carefully to the song.

It was sad, and rang somewhere in his heart, as he figure it would with many other adventurers. He nodded gently as the Mage attempted to explain. He added in his thoughts, speaking to Dart, "It reaches people. Particularly adventurers like ourselves. We don't have the ability to be burdened by love, with the dangers and travels our profession requires. But it's the nature of a mortal to dream of love, especially when he can't have it."
Abigail Sommerset (played by TheLily) Topic Starter

Abby giggled as she listened to them. Her drink was taking a toll on her. Luckily it hadn't affected her song. She looked at the small group as she pulled the chair back down, waving off other patrons who wanted to speak to her. She propped her face against her hands, "Well, I was more," She paused to hiccough, "going for the tale of the Bright Evening Star. The ring is a weapon that I'm certain adventurers would like to get their hands on. I wouldn't mind searchin' for it myself."

She laughed again, finding mirth in nothing, sniggering at her own hiccoughs.
Blank (played by Luulu)

"A Ring?!" Grey was halfway up the table top by the time Dart managed to yank the Kender back down and into his seat. The man glanced at his friend and sighed. Grey loved adventures and items to be found, anything that might be old caught the Kender's attention. His favorite past time was finding an especially old piece of jewelry and polishing it up to look new. If he weren't so free handed with 'finding' other people's nick nacks Grey would probably have been able to make quite a name for himself as a jeweler. As it was.....Dart sighed again, almost a groan this time, and looked at Abigail. Well, she was cute enough at least, this might not be so bad.

"Well, looks like Grey and I are in. Where do we start looking for your weapon Abigail?" The time it was Grey who repremanded Dart, digging his sharp elbow into the man's side painfully. "You are suppose to refer to women with respect! You call her miss Abigail, you know better!" He scowled down at the kender for the reproach, wondering how much the little guy would miss it if his top-knott of hair was shaved overnight. Then, clenching his teeth, Dart corrected himself. "Where do we start looking for your weapon...Miss...Abigail.."

When the others start talking about embarking upon an epic adventure of legendary proportions it takes a few moment before Tamesis's ale-addled brain registers the fact that this is happening. He grins widely knowing that the fame alone from embarking on this quest should get his name known well enough but should they succeed... oh no there is no way he is missing out on this!

"Questing for a legendary artifact of great power? My magics and skills are at your disposal! I can drink to that..." He raises his mug and takes a hearty swallow from the local brew managing to not to spill this time. His weasel finishes up eating the meaty treat he had acquired from his maaster's plate and sensing the excitement races up onto his shoulder before Tamesis slammed down the empty mug in front of him.

Taihi looked about, hearing what was discussed, as he grinned impressed by the group itself. He looked at Abby. "If you have room for one more, I would be more than happy to have a chance to test my abilities. I'd gladly offer up my skills and insights as a explorer and dungeoneer to this task, if you would have them." His spoke cordially. Then he furrowed his brow, "Oh but before you answer. I have yet to introduce myself, my name is Taihi Kasisqua. I'm a Factotum by training, and an explorer of the Underdark by trade. It's my pleasure to meet you all." His dark brown eyes twinkled slightly as he grinned over the collar of his great coat to Abby. "So, what say you, Minstrel, will you have me on your quest?"

"Abby is just fine, Grey." She smiled brightly at him, her eyes shifting to each of the men in turn, "Well then. Tamesis, Grey, Dart, Taihi, welcome aboard. I'm glad to have such a fine team with him." She was practically dancing inside as she leaned over to give them each a kiss on the cheek, scooping the weasel up. She gives the animal a cuddle, sitting back down hard in her chair with a sigh, "This is the best day ever!" She brushes her silver hair out of her eyes and relaxes.
Blank (played by Luulu)

Stunned, Dart placed a hand on his cheek where he had been kissed in surprise. As it was, the remained in his seat, stunned, and unable to do much more than nod.

Grey also had blushed, but it was the childish kind. He grinned brightly up at her, then reached into one of his many pouches and produced both parchment, quill, and ink. Dart eyed him suspiciously, but ignored the past theft for now.

"Alright then," Dart coughed, regaining his composure, "Where do we begin looking for this...weapon ring...thing?"

The wizard wonders this as well... such a legendary artifact, while existing, would either be in the possession of someone or lost. Who knows just how long it will take them to finally find the object of their quest?

Taihi grimaced at the kiss, not because he didn't welcome the surprised. But because he knew his skin had a texture similar to marble. It couldn't have been pleasant to rest your lips upon, no matter how briefly. He hung his head, slightly embarrassed at this, before mumbling, "Uhh, yes, yes. My assumption is that you have some clue to the whereabouts of this artefact, Abby?"

Abby reached into her bag, smiling as she did so, "Well, I have thought about this a lot." She was lying, but as she pulled out a map she was confident in her ability to bluff her way through this. She places a mug on either side of the map, to keep it in place, "I'd like to borrow this, please." She circled where they were, "This is the city here. We'll need to head North, that's where the last legend of her before her death is placed." The truth there.

"I was thinking that we could head into the forest here, since there is a clearing on a small mountain that would provide for a good sight of the sky." She paused to circle it with her finger, glancing around at all of them. She made no indication that she was anything but happy with each of them.

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 12. After the modifier of +8, got 20
For her Bluff check, she gets a +8. Y'all can challenge with Sense Motive.

Blank (played by Luulu)

(I apologize, but I don't have character sheets written up for Dart and Grey...so I have no on earthly clue what modifiers they would get or what not...so I'm going to write them as I feel they would best react. If this is unacceptable please let me know and I will try and figure something else out)

Dart was caught up completely with Abby's fiction. His inability to read a map, and his curiosity about the girl might have had something to do with how easily he was duped. Attempted a bluff of his own, Dart leaned over the table to view the map alongside her. "Mmmhmm" He nodded wisely, following only part of what she was explaining. Small mountains were always good places right? He thought so.

Grey, on the other hand, viewed Abby with such suspicion that he almost forgot to nick some of the silverware on the table. If she's thought about this so much, why arn't these places already circled? he thought, but decided to keep such ideas to himself. If she was telling a falsehood there could be a reason for it, and for the moment she didn't seem dangerous. Grey's eyes fell on Dart and the kender almost sighed. That might be a problem, but what did it matter so long as Grey got to go on his adventure? He grinned up at Abby happily. "Sounds like a plan to me!" He squeaked.

Tamesis has a quick look over the map, a bit too drunk to bother thinking about whether or not there was a lie in what he was being told... and realizes he is perhaps a bit too drunk be reading a map properly as it is late and his eyes are starting to swim in and out of focus from the lack of sleep and the sheer amount of alcohol. With an undignified belch he pulls away from the table, "Pardon me... I think.... I think perhaps we should reconvene the discussion in the morning. Need sleep..."

Without waiting for the others to agree or disagree he stumbles off towards his room, his weasel catching up to him and scrabbling up his robe to find a spot to rest on the way. All the people and the lights were a blur of motion on his way and only the grip on his staff kept him from keeling over.

Taihi examined the plan. It seemed the a pretty simple start, but he did have some questions. "So, what did her last tale involve, Abby?"

He stood on his long legs, and leaned over on his elbows over his corner of the map. He examined the route for potential short cuts. He had studied a number of Altas and almanac, to ensure his knowledge of the environments of the surface world was as thorough as his of the Underdark before coming topside. He hoped that he had studied well enough.

He trusted the Bard, she seemed honest enough a person. He had no reason to distrust the woman who had just hired them, that would not be a good way to start off this venture at all. "Also, why do we need a good view of the sky?"

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 12. After the modifier of +8, got 20
Taihi searches his brain diligently, drawing on his knowledge of geography to perhaps speed the parties path to their destination.

"She was seeking a man who was intent on turning the light of the stars off. Their last stand was supposedly near this mountain." She hiccoughed, giggling, "There is nothing to say she didn't leave the area, but there is nothing to suggest she did either. Worst case scenario, we go a little off of the real track."

She gave them a pretty smile, "Unless one of you can think of something better?" It wasn't a challenge, it was just a simple question. She didn't mean they couldn't, and honestly she would take their advice.

[ http://www.pathguy.com/cg35.htm Tamesis and I both used this website to make ours. We're running 6-7th level, I think. Gives us a better round of monsters to use]
Blank (played by Luulu)

Both Dart and Grey shook their heads in simultaneous agreement. "I'm afraid I don't have any other ideas," Dart said, while Grey chirped, "Your idea seems the very best!" As his hand began to motion towards the item she used to write on the map.

"How though, I wonder.." Dart murmured softly, "Does one manage to turn off the stars? What kind of device could possibly manage something so brash?" He was curious, amazed, and interested. "Sorcery, maybe?" He questioned, looking at the others for possible ideas.

The wizard continues on his way to his room, apparently completely ignored by the other members of the party as he stumbles onward. When he finally got there he collapsed onto the bed, rolling on to his side, and passed out almost immediately. His weasel then got comfy and followed him into sleep to await the morning.

Taihi smiled over at Dart, "Definitely sorcery. Considering the profession of the woman in the tale. It was probably some form of enchanted artifact. Might've even been what she was seeking that man for, perhaps he was some form of master artisan she intended to work in tandem with."

Taihi ran a finger over a line of the map, bisecting the path they where to take. "If my knowledge serves, might this path provide us with a more steady route? Prehaps even shave a day off our travels? Admittedly, it is a bit harder going, the path looks less smooth. What do you fellows think?"

Abby looked over the map, giggling to herself, "I've no issue with the path we take, but I'm," She paused to hiccough loudly, "Pret-ty sure I need to lay down, like Mister Tamesis." She hiccoughed again, her cheeks rosy, "I'll be retiring for now, but if you need me, I'm in number twenty-three." She gave all three of them a flirty smile, "Knock if you need anything." She paused, "But whatever you're thinking now."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Quest for the Bright Evening Star (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus