Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Looking for Batman style heroes and vill (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Gotham - "Lost Knight"

Looking for people interested in joining a game based off DC comics' Batman. The intent is for a more story driven game, the type where it's more a group of people collectively creating and telling a story.

That said, the game is open to cannon and original characters. The desire is for characters that are darker, and more realistic... As most of the batman characters have become with each reincarnation. Victims are killed by serial killers. Banks robbed. People get kidnapped, and don't get found. Insanity is a prominent theme. Most of the villains do end up in the Asylum after all.

Additionally, since this is more of a Batman setting then a DC universe, the level of superpowers shouldn't be excessive. Think along the lines of say Ivy, Bane, Freeze, Clayface, and Croc. Villains where there are powers, but of a single set, and not completely over done. Or Batman, Green Arrow, Deadshot, and Deathstroke, people without any real powers, but possess martial prowess, weapons and tech.

As of right now, the plot for this is fairly simple: Batman has vanished. (There is a reason.) With the criminal networks what they are within Gotham, news of his disappearance travels fast. The crime bosses, already engaged in territory disputes and power plays for control, step things up to a shooting war. The monsters come out to hunt and play. Things start to go missing, claimed by the shadows and those who operate there.

With the super criminals having their fun, normal street crime is on the rise, further taxing the already thin resources of the GCPD, who are struggling to maintain some semblance of order.

This prompts others to step in and fill the void left by the dark knight, to quell the riots, the gang wars. To hunt the hunters, and find the missing. Most importantly, to figure out what happened to the Bat.

Have some suggestions for the story? Does your character have a goal that can be included or built in to the story? Bring it up! Suggestions are welcome.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

Well, of course I'm going to be in this. ;3
TaintedCaribou Topic Starter

Hopefully others will join, but I Figure to let this fly for a few more days, then see about starting something.
MoonageDream

I'm really interested int his concept, but I'm not sure I have a character for it.

Welcome!

And the interest is appreciated. It is the first step.

The question is what to do about the character. Are you willing to make a new one? Or modify somebody old?

Did you want some help in figuring out someone to use? If that's the case, I'm willing to help, or I'm sure Jenna-Cide is as well.

I'm sure we can find some solution to the character issue if you're interested enough.
Aye! I'd be willing to help. ^^ What seems to be the problem?

Update: After a bit of reevaluation, this whole thing has been moved. Mostly there wasn't any real need for it to be adults only, and it may have been hurting interest in it by putting it there.
Just checking: Are villains allowed too?

Yes, villains are welcome too. Also anti-heroes, if you're interested in treading the line.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Looking for Batman style heroes and vill (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus