Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Little Top Circus

Roweena Rose Merriwe (played anonymously) Topic Starter

"Minor are the poachers who have been hunting here for the last four years. The old couple came up missing as well as the few boarders that they had. Major are those motor cyclists that you ran into.

Neither have any abilities to speak of including the magical sort. But they do have the police force scared of them. That is where the main problems will lay. We will need to keep the laws and use a few mental abilities to help the law to see clearly if you understand what I mean.

When get to the squatters, I'll strongly suggest that they become our hired hands. With a slight push, I think that we will be able to persuade them. Do you have any persuasion abilities?" Brad asked as he slowed down to a stop not very far from the squatters.

((FYI_ if you want to talk for one of the NPOs, that is fine. The squatters are NPOs. ))
Noah Stark (played by AyeJbro)

Noah nodded as he listened intently to what Brad said. "Not quite, more like confusion abilities." He answered. "But I suppose that could be useful too."

"Can I help you two?" One of the squatters asked as he walked up to the two men.

Brad nodded then spoke to what seemed like to be the head huncho.

"Hello there. The name is Brad. This land has been sold and you are now trespassing. Since you have not been here long enough to receive any squatters rights, I have two suggestions for you to choose from. One is packing up your stuff and leaving. The other is to be one of the hired hands which we do need.

Feel free to talk to your comrades and make decision then come back to let me know what you have decided." Brad had begun slowly oozed a mixture of calmness and suggestion into the conversation. Hopefully this would work on the guy.

The man looked at the two with an eyebrow raised but nonetheless went to speak with his men.

"What if they don't want to do either?" Noah asked. He didn't like the way the men were looking at them, they looked angry.

"Not sure but they will do one or the other. I will see to that....... They do look like they are a bit argumentative however....
I think a nice home cooked meal will be the next thing. Let them know the benefits of being hired hands. A bit of money, home cooked meals, dry place to sleep. Medical care might even ensure that they will take the offer. You have to figure out what they need and want." Brad spoke.

Noah nodded as he looked the men over. They looked tired, Brad was right, they did need a dry place to sleep. They looked dirty which meant they needed a place to shower. And it wasn't until now that he noticed the man they'd originally spoken with was limping slightly. Somehow all of this he hadn't noticed until now and he realized Brad was right, they would pick one or the other. And what better option to pick than the one that'd provide exactly what you need.

The man came over to Brad and Noah after speaking with his men. "If we agree to being your hired hands, what would we be doing and what would we receive in return?"

"Room of your own in a bunk house. Good food to eat. New clothes. Medical care. A steady income of let's say $300 a month. I know that is not much but you will have all that you can eat and a good place to sleep. Of course, since I am not the owner, I can't guarantee anything else." Brad spoke calmly.

Brad looked at the man and waited for an answer. He needed to convince them that it was the best choice for them and make sure that they would be very well taken care of.

(so sorry I guess I didn't see the notification until today)

Noah waited patiently with Brad as the man thought it over. Finally the man sighed and nodded before extending his hand to Brad, "Deal, we'll work for you. I'm Marcus by the way."

((That is ok. I have accidentally deleted some which is worst.))

"Good. If you will pack up your camp, I will let Roweena know that you are hired and to expect you for dinner. Here is some food to eat. Be sure to bring the backpack to Roweena or she will get upset. I expect you to be there by late afternoon so that I can get you settled into to your rooms." Brad reach behind and took out a back which he handed to Marcus.
"Taking this backpack will mean that you have made a verbal contract with me."

(I'm getting really bad at being online aren't ? XD)

Marcus nodded and took the bag. "We'll see you in the afternoon then. Thank you for the food." Marcus turned and headed to the other men, giving them the bag to take out its contents and begin their new meal.

"So where to now?" Noah asked after watching the exchange.

((It is ok. ))

"I want to head back towards the house. We will park the jeep and do a bit of walking to check for traps. If we find any we will set them off and pull them up. We will take them and store them. I have long poles to poke the ground with. I have a medical kit just in case. " Brad spoke as he drove off a ways.

"Alright, sounds easy enough, I know a bit about traps and stuff." Noah commented. "By the way, are the new hired hands going to be doing the same stuff we are?" He wondered.

Brad smiled as he spoke.Brad parked at a sign with a number on it.

"No. They will be doing the grunt work. You will be my assistant in training. The firs thing that they will do is to make the one barn into a ranch hand building. Until they finish that project, they will live in another barn. It will not be the ideal place but it will be better than the out of doors.

Each area has a number. There are 5 plots and I have spray painted the plot numbers on the trees with the help of Rose. At the moment there is a rope boundary line as a wall. We will make notes of anything that should not be there, tree down, anything that is not normal. If you are not sure, just note it anyways. Get your self some water and we will head out."

Brad got the long poles out and thick bags with a shoulder strap out of the back of the jeep.

Noah listened and nodded before going and doing as Brad told him. He got himself and Brad a bottle of water before returning and offering the bottle. "Need help getting the poles?"

Brad looked at Noah and spoke
"Sure thing. Here is your bag and choose a pole. Please be careful out there. I don't want take you to the hospital. If there is a creature in a trap, give me a call so that we can hopefully save it."

(I apologize for the short replies, I've been getting busy lately and don't have alot of time to reply)

Noah nodded in response as he picked a pole from the back of the jeep. "Don't worry, I'll do my best to stay out of trouble."

((Do you need some time off from RPing? If so I will understand.))

"I will worry because lately trouble has the ability of finding us. i just wish that Rose at least had a boyfriend. I might have some rest from worrying abut her.

Let's get going. You follow that line there to the end. Each area has 4 passes laid out. When you get to the end of this pass, walk to the next ribbon and come up. Each Plot has a number and it is on the tree spray painted. I'll take the far side and meet you back here." Brad explained as he put the trap bag over his shoulders.

"If you stick around, you will be provided with a jeep of your own."

(Actually yes, I think I might have to stop RPing all together seeing as school is starting in a few weeks, I'm very sorry.)

That is ok. I understand and wish you the best. Take care!

You as well :), if I think I have the time again I'll try and let you know.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Little Top Circus

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus