Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » A Tale if you so wish to read

As a disclaimer I don't exactly know where to post this but I think this is the correct place to do this. So I decided to do this short story because I didn't have anything else to do...I can make more if you all want me too and tell me how you like :)

As I rose my grave to this unholy ground, I looked around as he hear the bell toll three times. Everything was grey and colorless, from the sky to the mountains that surrounded grave site and the ground itself. I looked at what I was wearing and I saw I am just a lowly knight in an unmarked grave buried with full plate armor, shield and broadsword. So I made way down the path that was laid out to me to leave this place and find out what has disturb my eternal slumber. As I walked this barren place, I soon find myself in a rather open area, an area of old that no doubt was ancient arena of some kind, which would bustle with thousands of people cheering on whatever event it maybe. As my eyes gazed around the arena I soon find myself looking at a kneeling knight in strange armor. His helmet was one of a face of an old king while his armor did show off that he was man of strong physical fitness. What attracted me was the sword that was stuck in him. I do not know why or understand it, but something was telling me to pull it out of him even though my gut instinct was telling me to leave him alone. But sadly I couldn’t, help myself this attractiveness pulled me in and soon I was pulling the sword out of him. Interestingly enough this sword was one of a coiled sword, used more for ceremony than for combat. So I toss the sword to the ground and not to long the old knight began to stir. As he stood I looked at him in amazement, he was definitely taller than me, stronger, and soon to find out faster. I stumbled backwards, falling upon my bussom and I saw him…a champion overshadowing a weakling like me. As he picked up his halberd, he looked at me with his lifeless gaze through his helmet, I knew what he was going to do and what will happen next…call it a warrior’s greeting.

For the old Champion, his size would have thought he would be slow, but that was not the case as he jumps into the air, spinning his halberd as he came crashing down, intending to impale me with it. I watched in fear as he went into the sky and only by the last minute I shuffled backwards nearly being hit by him as he lands hard down upon by previous location. I quickly stood up and kept my small metal shield raised at him as I trot around him, looking for an opening. He kept looking at me as he carries his halberd as he walks towards me. In a quick moment, he begins to lunge at me and so I take a step back just nearly out of reach and with a quick movement he swipes at me with his weapon which my shield took the hit for me. The impact was like nothing I have never experience, it was hard hitting and somewhat traumatizing, and my stomach filled with grieve and fear being hit by it. So I charged him with my broadsword once he was recovering from his sweep of his halberd and took a few swings at him all of them landing true to their marks. I realize soon that it wasn’t his armor that made the old Champion tough, but his resistance as my sword cut through his weaker parts of his armor hitting flesh and him not staggering for a moment. And so I was punished for it. The champion pushed me out of the way with a forceful bash of his shoulder sending me tumbling on the ground and soon met with a halberd coming to my chest. Luckily for me it did not pierce through my armor, but still I can feel the impact and it hurt a lot. He quickly towered over me as I lay on the ground and position his weapon so he can strike me down as I lay on the ground. As soon as the weapon came down upon me, I quickly rolled forward and slashed at his leg, which surprisingly caused him to take bow, surprised by the attack as well. Seeing my chance I quickly ran towards the front of him and stabbed my sword straight into his collarbone as far into him as I can possibly and then quickly retrieve my sword by putting my foot on the champion to pull it out.

It soon came to pass, that something was wrong as the Champion stood up holding his wounded shoulder, but quickly it transmuted into a giant black beast. A beast of unimaginable horror, as it slithered out of his wound looking like a black snake made out of the darkness of being hearts. As it looked at me with its red glowing eyes, it gave out a shriek that rattled my mind as I failed to notice the giant claw that it grew as it goes to clamp down on me. I screamed in pain as it made contact, once more laying on the ground. I soon realized that this was no warrior’s greeting or to determine me worthy of being the next champion, but it was instead to commit a mercy killing to this Champion of old. So with anew fire within me I quickly got on me feet and gave an incredible war cry as I charged the beast, stabbing and swinging at the Champion’s body it used to move around on. The Beast shrieked once more as it uses the champion’s body to swing the halberd at me, in which I quickly rolled out of the way. With another war cry I swung at the beast itself as it spurred black blood upon the ground as my hits land true once more. It screamed in pain as it swung at me with its giant claw in which my shield took the hit. I laughed a little seeing that the beast’s strike wasn’t as impactful as was the Champion’s hit. As the beast began to close the distance I stood ready with shield raised not afraid of this unholy thing that stood before me. Its long head went into a dive for me, its mouth open as I see, it was intending to eat me! So with one strike I jabbed my sword into the beast’s mouth and it screamed in pain and agony and soon burst into nothing, leaving the Champion behind. So as the beast was slain, the Champion fell to the ground lifeless once more, creating a loud thud noise as he lay there by his weapon.

I sat next to the old Champion, in disbelief in what I had just did, breathing heavy as looked at him. Once I returned to my senses, I struggled to get up as my legs wobbled and arms feel heavy. I went back to the coil sword and took it, sensing I may need it soon. As I walked away weary of the battle I just had, I look back to see the lifeless champion once more and I knew somehow that this was only the beginning of my journey.
Very nice! Intruiging and catchy. :) Thanks for sharing, I do enjoy a food read!

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » A Tale if you so wish to read

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus