Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Basking in the Warmth of the Sun 1x1

Jensara (played by Kyra45)

Jenna shifted back to her feral kitsune form and curled up in place, wincing from some stomach pains. Hunting to her would seemed almost like death, with a form too frail to do much. She considered herself lucky, since most of those born like her died after birth. She had survived, but only by a slim chance. The birds and the like resumed to chirp when she had change. She looked off to where Drae had headed off to, head on her thick but fluffy tails. She waited for his return, but remained ever so jumpy and tense, twitching her ears to any movements she could hear.
Draeval (played by Rubix) Topic Starter

Draeval was off, sniffing and tracking something for Jensara. He'd catch the trail of one of the run away deer and set off after it. He wasn't the biggest wolf ever but he could bring down a single deer.

And so he did, but it took some time and it took even longer for him to drag the carcass back to the rock he'd been basking on earlier. With the deer's neck still in his mouth he tried to mumble something to Jensara. It wasn't understandable so he let the deer go and licked at his lips, ''ere ya go, dinner iz zerbed.' And trotted his fuzzy butt right back up on his rock. He'd caught it for her, he didn't need to eat.

So once he was settled he just started to clean his pelt of any...dropped blood. He hated going home dirty.

Jenna rose to her feet and took to start eating on the deer silently, wings still stiffened to her back. She didn't talk when she ate, but she did seem awfully hungry.

Draeval watched her, and he had the sudden urge to pick her up and take her home. He figured that his wife, and perhaps Jensara would have something to say about that. And he thought, perhaps he should talk it over with either or both of them first before he just did his finding routine. Finding things, he always wanted to bring them home.

Eventually the deer was reduced to bones, and Jenna's mouth was caked in some blood. She used her tails to wipe her mouth off a bit, before wavering and dozing off, still sitting up, breathing softly. But he nervous twitching jolted her awake..Which startled herself, making her flop over with a drowzy yelp, eyes barely opened. ''Thank you..''

Draeval offered a wolf smile and rested his head on his paws, 'Yar welcome. Ya z'ould rezt an enjoy yar meal.' He stretched and kicked his hind legs out behind him before yawning and flopping onto his side. 'Zleep izn't zo bad.'

Jenna fell fast asleep, soon out cold as the twitchyness subsided, head on her paws. Paws that ended in dull and overgrown claws, ears hanging against her head. It would be easy to move her, seeing as this kitsune barely weighed anything, light on her feet. Her silvery fir was staned red near her mouth and tail, and her breathes were soft, her heartbeat still quickened though.

She would whimper in her sleep occasionly, pawing at the air as if she was trapped within a nightmare, like an unseen force was fighting her while she slept, still out cold.

Draeval just slept, of course his dreams were plagued with images of his past. They always were but over the past few years he'd learned to control his body's reaction to them. He had to, he didn't want his wife or his friends to worry over him while he slept. It was bad enough they worried about him whenever he got this worn down.

He didn't sleep long, he never did except well...except when he was in a coma for days on end like he'd just finished but now after about twenty minutes of rest his eyes cracked open and the orange globes danced around as he took on the role of the vigilant guardian. Jensara was little after all, and though the wolf wasn't much bigger himself he was probably a bit more capable of tending to some things.

Well, that's what he thought at least.

Jenna whined in her sleep, before she awoke, whimpering lightly. ''Can't sleep..'' She stated, rubbing an eye tiredly. Her nightmares were vicious, usually so bad she'd awake being frightened with her hair standing on end and herself trembling in an unseenm fear of something she had seen. She sighed, hanging her ears and laying her head back down, breathing out deeply and looking back at Draeval silently, hoping her whining hadn't accidently awoken him from his sleep.

''Sorry if I woke you up...Just nightmares..'' She inquired, looking at the ground, moving her head a bit, worried.

Draeval lifted his head and let his gaze fall back on Jensara. "Ya didn't. I dun zleep muc'." He stretched slightly and kicked his hind legs out behind him like a frog. He yawned a bit before resting his head back down, "Nightmarez are nu fun."

''They won't let me sleep. I'm tired, but everytime I shut my eyes they strike.'' And she shuddered, folding her wings tightly. ''Light sleeper, huh?'' She asked him, drowzy.

Draeval watched her and took a breath, 'Kno da feelin...' He had terrible nightmares, and of course there were his powers as well but that was besides the point. Jensara brought him out of his thoughts and he shrugged lightly, 'Not really, I juz 'abe nitemarez az well. If I dun zleep dey dun zurface near az muc'.'

''But if I fail to sleep I get cranky and tired. I hurt someone once by accident when a nightmare hit me and scared me..''

Drae shifted and stretched out some, 'Datz not bery good at all. Den again wat I da izn't eider...we're a mezz.' He offered a soft grin before pushing himself up onto all fours. 'I'be 'eard dat dare are zum 'erbz an ztuff dat 'elpz ya go inta a deeper zleep. Maibe dreamlezz, I'm not zure. I could find out if yar interezted.'

''Could you? I'm so tired...''

Draeval offered a soft smile, 'Zure, gibe me a few an I'll be back.' And he disappeared with a flash of orange light. Off to the library to find out what he needed to know. Hey he could be helpful if focused and stayed in one time!

Jenna stares idly at where he had been, and her eyes wonder aroubd the forest, watching the deathly silence.

Draeval had been gone for quite sometime going to the library and researching herbs took a while. When he came back he was in wolf form again but had a satchel on his back like a human. He'd pad up to Jensara and slip it off his head easily enough.

"'ere deze z'ould get ya t'roug' far a bit...iz a mixture ub different 'erbz. Z'ould put ya in a dreamlezz zleep. I tink...fram wat I read anyway.'

She yawned and peered at the satchel drowsily. ''So that is what took you so long to return, huh?'' She asked, then looked into it to see the herbs.

Draeval frowned, 'Iz not zo eazy doin all dat, an I'm not nearly az fazt az I uzed ta be.' He snorted and flicked his tail before padding back over to his previously claimed rock and flopped down with his back towards the direction he'd come from.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Basking in the Warmth of the Sun 1x1

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus