Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Is This A Friend? [1x1 w/Arcus]

Roshi Varkas (played by Zephyrezz) Topic Starter

"Arr-cuss." Roshi pronounced it slowly, trying to make sure that she was saying it right. "I like that name, it sounds cool. Like a knights name." She smiled, bouncing on the heels of her feet.

"My name is Roshinaka, but my brother and sister just call me Roshi. You can too if you want." She chatted on, turning back towards the throne room to continue the tour. There was a bounce in her step as she walked, and it looked almost as if she was skipping instead of just walking.

Reaching the front doors to the throne room, Roshi pulled them open without waiting for the guards to open them for her. Sticking her tongue out at them, Roshi entered the large room. It was quiet inside, which meant neither her father nor the guard was here at the moment. Hmm.... If the guard isn't here, daddy must be out of the castle.... She reasoned, pausing to look around the room for any guards that were hidden in the shadows.

"The king isn't here right now, which means we can play with the fun stuff!!!" Roshi smiled deviously, spinning on her heel. She walked back out the throne room doors, leaving the guards to close it for her this time. Roshi didn't look over her shoulder to see if Arcus was following her, she just assumed he was considering it was his first time in the castle.
Arcus (played by Section)

Arcus tilted his head a little to the side, 'cool'? People often found it strange, not cool. He decided to not comment on it for now, and just let her say what she wanted about his name.

He blinked a little when she said her name, that was an odd name he had never heard before. Not that odd was a bad thing, though it might explain why she thought his name was 'cool'. It probably sounded normal if all the names around here were that different. He looked to her and he put his hands behind his back "That is a...cool name" he said gently, trying to copy the compliment she gave him earlier.

When they reached the front doors Arcus held his breath, just in case there was a King and or guards behind this door who might get upset with them from entering. He slowly followed in after her, and scanned the area. Slowly letting go of his breath as he closed his eyes and clenched his fists and shivered slightly trying to release his built of tension. He then slowly opened his eyes and looked over to Roshi

"...I see. So we- Wait...what? Play?" he asked quickly looking around at all the breakables and expensive things and he bit his lip "Er, I do not...believe that is wise Roshi... besides I...I would hate for us to...get in trouble" He muttered, mainly he hated the idea of him getting in trouble. Roshi would likely be forgiven if she did something bad. Arcus would likely be executed or thrown in jail for a very long time if not forever if he got in trouble.

"We're not going to play in here silly! We're going to play outside so we don't break anything!" Roshi called over her shoulder, pausing in the path towards the gardens. "It would be suecide to try to play in the throne room." She added mispronouncing suicide. Roshi also wanted to play in the gardens because all the guards knew that's where she played, and she had threatened them all to keep it quiet from her parents.

The things she played with, wasn't natural. Usually elves had nature magic in them, no matter what other species they had in them. All except for Roshi, she was one of a kind. Instead of having just nature magic, she had death or shadow magic as well. That's why she wasn't allowed to play with her magic, but she did it anyways. Afterall, how were you supposed to control it if you never use it.

"It'll be fine, they probably won't get back for a while." Roshie lied, just because she didn't know exactly when her parents had left. They could be back in a few days, or a few hours. It all depended on whether they had left when she was sick from healing or not.

Arcus sighed with relief when Roshi said they were not going to play in here. He would have hated for that to be the case, mainly because the last thing he needed was to get in trouble here. However when she spoke he tilted his head to the side, and he put his hands behind his back. "...ah yes it...would be suicide to do so. You are right." he said softly, he simply said that to say it the right way. But he did not want to be rude about correcting her so he simply made it seem like he was agreeing with her statement as he finally walked over to her noting the path to the gardens.

Arcus was wondering if he'd even be any good at being a playmate? He honestly had never recalled playing before, ever. Not once in his life. He only hoped he could make her happy at the very least, he supposed he if he could do that then he would not be that bad of one. He sighed softly and yawned a little, stretching. He bit his lip, he also hoped he could keep his magic a secret... no one he had met thus far had... well liked his magic. They hated him because of it, and he did not want it to get out this time.

"Oh, I see. Well...I Suppose that is good to know." he said softly not catching onto the fact she was lying. He looked around, taking in every bit of detail "...So um...what exactly...do we plan on...playing?" he asked, pausing now and then seeming very unsure of himself. Mainly because he had no clue what to do, at all.

Roshi smiled as she pushed open the gates to the gardens, eyeing the guard that was following her at a distance. She knew he wouldn't follow her into the gardens on normal circumstances, but she wondered if her father gave him special orders to follow when Arcus arrived.

"We're going to play with magik!!" Roshi replied excitedly, waiting for Arcus to pass through the gates so she could lock it behind him.

(Sorry It's so short, I didn't want to assume that he followed her into the garden in case he was opposed to the idea of working magic with her.)

(Are you still interested in this? If not then it's totally cool)

(I am very sorry about vanishing like that, I have been very busy lately and I am afraid I simply forgot about this rp!)

Arcus began to slowly follow her with his arms placed together as he began to follow her to the garden gate, he placed a hand to his temple and he frowned a little noticing the guard and he looked away and made sure to avoid all eye contact with them. He felt kind of awkward now, and uneasy. Granted he understood why the guard was there, as he was a stranger that Roshi had taken a fondness to after saving her life. If he was in the king's shoes he'd be just as skeptical and want as many eyes and ears watching as possible. But it did not make this any easier for the mage to deal with.

He froze however when he heard Roshi say they were going to play with magic. Arcus cringed slightly and he looked at Roshi "W-wait ha-hang on!" he called out to her as he awkwardly began to shuffle his feet and he swallowed harshly. "U-uh my...my magic is...is not for playing." he said gently. That was true, his magic was unstable, which was made worse by the fact he was a self taught mage and did not know nearly enough or everything about his magic type. But he also did not want anyone else knowing what kind of magic he possessed.

Roshi locked the door behind Arcus before he could run back out, tucking the key into the pocket of her pants. Locking the door was mostly to keep the guards safe in case her magic got out of hand, but it was also for her and Arcus to have some alone time without the guards watching his every move. She knew it would make him feel uncomfortable, it made everyone of her previous friends uncomfortable. Well, that and her actual magic.

"Well, we're not actually "playing", just practicing. Afterall, my daddy says the more you practice the better you get." Roshi smiled, turning away from Arcus again. "But I'll go first anyways, because you're my guest." She beamed brightly after moving a few feet away from Arcus, turning on the spot to face him once more.

Holding her hand palm down, Roshi closed her eyes and muttered to herself. What should I create for him? What would impress him? Coming up with the perfect spell, which was harmless and amazing at the same time, Roshi began muttering faster. Something black broke through the ground at her feet, rising up to her height before stopping. It had the consistency of smoke, but the darkness of shadow. The cloud of black started to twist on itself, becoming smaller and smaller until Roshi held a miniature figure in the hand that wasn't facing downward. It was an exact replica of Arcus, except it was covered in shadows. The figure started pacing back and forth in Roshi's hand as she looked up at Arcus to asses his reaction, hoping he wouldn't be mad.

He did not react negatively from the lock, if things went super horribly he could just teleport. But he still did not like the current situation he was being placed in, especially since she seemed to want him to use his magic and such. But he did not want to, for many reasons. It was dangerous he never practiced it near others, it was unstable and could easily cause permanent damage to the location around them. Second it was a forbidden magic, one that everyone had been told or at least he assumed everyone had been told was an evil and vile magic.

He slowly folded his arms and he closed his eyes and he shook his head. "...My...magic is not for practice." He said really trying to make her understand he was not comfortable using it for his own safety and her safety. He looked at his hand and then down at the ground for a moment and he let out a soft huff as he looked at her to see what she was doing now. He watched the black smoke with a hint of curiosity as he watched it twist and form, and he suddenly flinched a little when it turned into him and he stared at it.

He looked at her seemingly more frightened than mad with the idea of a miniature thing, mainly because he was not sure what it was or what it did. Or what it told her about him, if anything at all. He was just glad he was immune to any kind of controlling devices so if this was one it would not work...but if it was one of those dolls you could hurt to hurt people? Then he was in trouble, he'd still feel the pain of it none the less. "W...what is that thing?" He asked still sounding very wary and slightly afraid of what it could possibly do.

Panicking when Arcus flinched away, Roshi accidently crushed the figure in her hand. The figure vanished in a puff of smoke, no harm coming to Arcus in the process. Studying Arcus's features, Roshi became withdrawn as she saw the fright on his face and in his words. She should've known it was a bad idea to begin with. Afterall, nobody ever stayed after she showed them her magic. Maybe it would be better if she didn't even have it.

"I-I don't know what it was. The first time I made it was a couple days after I found out my brother died......... I was really sad, so I came into the garden. I was thinking of him and a shadow figure, that's what I call them, appeared in my hand. It scared me so badly I dropped him, and flipped in the air to land on his feet." Roshi explained, biting her cheek to keep from crying. She didn't want to lose Arcus as a friend.

Arcus was more afraid it being some kind of elaborate way to kill him, that's all people wanted to do when they figured out what kind of magic he had. He listened to her story and what she was saying about what had happened, she had a brother? Part of him wondered what happened, the other part of him decided to continue paying attention. Though when he saw her reaction his heart sank noticing she was trying not to cry. He... realized he had not exactly been fair there, he reacted... well much how people who hated him reacted, out of fear first.

He frowned more realizing this, and he closed his eyes and he placed a hand to his face and he began to rub it to try and recollect himself so he could find the words to say to make things right. "...Roshi I'm...sorry." He mumbled sounding a little ashamed and annoyed with himself. "...I just...get scared easily...when it comes to things revolving around myself. I am not exactly...liked by the general public." He muttered as he slowly moved his hands down to his sides.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Is This A Friend? [1x1 w/Arcus]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus