Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » A game I want to try, but I want opinions...

I'm kind of trying to come up with this forum game which involves the dice system, some statistics, and anthro-characters boxing each other, but... I've had so many failed RPs and games, that I want to know if people will actually play with me.

On FA, I've been trying to get a Muscle-Belly anthro group going for a while, but have been having no luck. One way I was trying to gain interest in the group was through a game that involved boxing anthros. Characters would have statistics such as Punch, Torso Strength, Jaw Strength, Stamina, etc. We would give our characters certain moves, within reason, and we would take turns rolling a die things like power and blocking. I'm just not sure if people would be interested. Do you think I could make a forum game like this work?

OOC: Since it's talk of a Forum Game, I felt it went hear. Not sure where else it could go.
Asroc

As someone who RPs a dog, a robot cat, a crow, a demon cat and whatever Red XIII is. I kind of like this idea.
MugoUrth Topic Starter

Cool.

Here's a brief summary of the rules.

HP: How much damage you can take before being knocked-out
Stamina: How well you can move and punch, and how much.
Speed: How fast you can move and punch.
Punch: How strong your attacks are.
Block: How well you can block shots. With a high enough block stat, you can negate most punches.
Jaw: How resistant to damage your jaw is.
Belly: How resistant to damage your belly is.

Here's how to play.
1: The fight starts, and the boxer with the highest speed goes first. They have the opportunity to either attack, which uses up stamina but is the only way to do damage, or defend.
2: In attack mode, you have the ability to either jab, hook or uppercut the body or head. Jabs are quick and the hardest to block. Hooks and uppercuts are stronger and use more stamina. Attacking the head deals more damage usually then attacking the torso, but attacking the torso can lead up to a strong headshot that cannot be dodged, but can be blocked.
3: In defense mode, you have the opportunity to block or dodge an attack. It is optimal to block when the opponent is jabbing, and dodge when they are using a stronger attack. If you try to block a strong punch, and your block is not high enough, you will absorb damage, but will still take it. However, a succesful block will give you a counter-boost, which makes your next attack stronger.
4: Watch your stamina level! If you are out of stamina, your attack, block and dodge rolls will suffer, and you will take more damage. Dodging and blocking will not reduce stamina as badly as attacks will, so try to play defensive when your out of stamina.
5: After a certain amount of turns are up, a round will end. After each round, players will regain a certain amount of life and stamina, but not all of it.
6: If you run out of life, you must roll a die to stay in. The first knockout will usually require a fairly low number, but a second one will require a higher number, and the third and up will require really high numbers. If you are knocked out a third time in a round, you lose.
7: If a player wins a fight, they will rise in rank, and will level up. You are able to alot a number of stats to your character to make them tougher for future fights.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » A game I want to try, but I want opinions...

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus