Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » First Time Rp-er

Witness

I am new to roleplaying and wish to develop my character, a reanimated Mafia hitman whose story is set in 1945, through such a process; therefore, I am asking any parties interested in RPing with such a character to please let me know. As far as the setting or time period go, I am not too particular as I am hoping to get my feet wet at this point rather than play in a particular theme; however, I would assume that a modern setting would be easiest for my character to adapt to. If there are any questions/concerns about the equipment/weapons my character uses, magic powers, familiarity with technology/languages spoken, &c please include them with your post should you be interested in roleplaying with my character; I will do my best to address said questions and concerns.
I happen to know of a 1920's game that started recently~ It includes mafia-like characters in the highly realistic setting of New York~
Witness Topic Starter

That sounds promising, although I probably should elaborate on my character's relation to the Mafia a little. He's a former hitman for the Mafia who turned state's evidence against them; right now he is a reanimate/undead working for necromancers. In regards to his canonical background, I'm not certain he would really "play nice" with characters who do work for the Mafia. In any case, if you still have the name of that group I will most certainly check them out. Do you have any other recommendations?
TheLily

I like your character idea. I've done stuff with that before, but I'm bad at jumping in to other people's rp's.
Witness Topic Starter

Thanks! I'm glad you like him, I've been working on him for about ten years now and, honestly, I'm still working on him.
Mhm, mhm, well that is all fine and dandy~ Though I am certain that Lovely's idea is for a less fantasy mafia game than a necromancy filled one~ The group name is Harper-dasher, land of the Two Queens~ Hahaha, no, no it is not, but if you are still interested in playing your character without the risen from the dead aspect, then send me a message~ There was a very small amount of people interested in the game proposed, so it is just Lovely and I~

My other recommendations? Start a game in the fantasy section, without boundaries or a world already set in stone. I have noticed others who enjoy doing this, but once they create an idea, the players of the game are already sorted out by who likes and who dislikes the world created. As a beginner, I found it far more enjoyable to create the world as you went through the story. This can be accomplished by adding the characters' background into the story, so, your character has dis-serviced the mafia and works for necromancers. There is obviously magic, guns, and a state, and you do not have to blatantly tell the others that are playing with you at the beginning of the game~

If you are lucky, you may find a game that has been created to fit your character's background. If you find a realm that does not say what can or cannot join the game, then by all means, join that game!
Witness Topic Starter

I like your idea, Miss, but I wanted to know if my character (who is from 1945) would fit into the Fantasy genre. I understand that the necromancy aspect makes it somewhat difficult for my character to be involved with roleplays which are closer to reality, but would his personality of a 1930s mobster be a problem in the fantasy genre?
What you have created is a character that can move through time due to his nature of being undead~ Personality is never a problem in any genre. That is how your character acts and responds, and unless the realm you are playing in specifically restricts certain actions, you will be fine to portray your character as an undead mobster~

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » First Time Rp-er

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus