Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Brand New Vintage (Closed)

Jack Aldo Vindici (played by Witness)

Draeval's question reminded Jack that he hadn't had a serious relationship since Eleanor; whenever he thought about the old days with her, he always got particularly quiet and adopted an absent-minded expression. However, he couldn't spend all day thinking about Eleanor; these two probably had other things to do today besides stand around here. So, Jack snapped out of his recollection and waved a hand towards the Cord.

"It's been a while since I had a moll, though that don't stop me from buying little gifts for my lady friends every once in a while. Why don't you fellas hop in the car and I'll take you two wherever ya need. Just to let you know, though, I'm overdue for my after-lunch drink, sos I'll need one of ya to grab the wheel every so often when my flask gets empty and I gotta refill it."
Draeval (played by Rubix) Topic Starter

Draeval flinched with Gabe's bristling and he lowered his head like a little sad puppy, 'Zorry...it juz...ya kno...I'm zorry.' He felt like an ass and it melted this "gangster" attitude that had been curling up to the surface and Draeval popped out again. Thank goodness, because he was so weird as a gangster.

He looked at Jack and slipped into the car with an easy motion, 'I got the wheel for you.' His accent faded but he hadn't gone entirely back to that fella he was a minute ago. Jack probably thought he was bipolar or something but that's just Draeval.
Gabriel (played by Loki)

Gabriel seemed quite alarmed by Jack's admittance, and he'd look at Drae, "That was a joke right?" Surely Jack was just pulling their legs. He's hesitant about getting in the car, but he'd do so anyway. Drae seemed to think it was okay. As for the apology, "It's fine, it's just...you know I don't like it." Seemed like such a strange thing to not like, but that was just Gabe.

So they're in the car, and hopefully they're not drunk crashing because Gabe would really hate to have to explain that to Asa, or the rest of his family. "So...what kind of dress did you want to get Chiara?" That must be the name of Draeval's woman!
Jack Aldo Vindici (played by Witness)

Jack finished off his pocket flask in a flash, and sped off. Despite having just consumed six ounces of vermouth, he was driving fairly competently; occasionally, he would run a red light and swerve around crosstraffic, but otherwise they were in no danger. He pointed Draeval to the glove compartment as they were speeding down Broadway.

"Get me that bottle outta there, would ya?"

He cast a glance in the backseat at Gabriel and then back at Draeval. These two seemed a little...off to him; the kid acted a little older than Jack figured him for, and the other guy seemed to be having trouble settling on an accent. Jack had never been around anyone who could be considered "different" in the sense that they were something that wasn't fully human, except for a couple of other reanimates which worked for his bosses. Still, he had a gut feeling that there was something he was missing here.

But, it was after one and he'd only gotten a single drink; maybe he was just on edge from the lack of alcohol.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Brand New Vintage (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus