Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Lunch at the Regalia (Open)

Jack Aldo Vindici (played by Witness)

(OOC): This topic is mostly just a character meet n' greet here. It will be kept open and anyone can jump in and start up. Keep things civil and remember that this is only an IC social event, so don't expect any great adventures or a deep plot. The setting will be modern, presumably contemporary, and the entire thread takes place at a fancy hotel in New York City. (End OOC)

The Regalia Hotel hosted one of the classiest clubs in Manhattan, and any patron was welcome so long as they didn't start any fights or skip out on their tab. Today was a special event because the hotel's owner had hosted a very...unique luncheon for Jack Vindici. The catering menu was nigh-endless and the bar was stocked with the very highest quality of spirits and even a few brands which no one had known existed before. No expense had been spared, and Vindici had even gone to the trouble of renting out the entire lounge for the duration of his luncheon; the end time of which was conspicuously vague. The strangest aspect of the whole setup, however, was by far the guest list; or, more appropriately, the lack of a guest list. Vindici had handed everything to the owner two days prior with a mischievous grin and the cryptic instruction to "let 'em all in!"

With the last preparations made, the Regalia's owner surveyed the lounge with a reserved sense of pride; suddenly, Vindici burst into the room with a laugh. He was wearing an expensive grey pinstripe suit and a black fedora, his usual attire for a social gathering. Behind him was a very large and very blue man dressed in an outdated fashion. Vindici chased off the last of the waiters and prodded the owner's chest with a friendly chuckle and an enterprising gleam in his eyes.

"Looks like everything's ready, let's let 'em in!"
Epiphany (played by Arienne)

crimson tresses flowing to dust along bare shoulder blades accentuate the liquid honey pool of Epiphany as her presence graced the lavishly bedecked room, a soft appreciative whistle passing pink petals. Having never been in a place such as this she feels slightly nervous, thus causing the air around her supple form to heat slightly. "this is a very odd place..." she mutters to herself
Relyn Varsyn (played by Witness) Topic Starter

The tall man with blue skin stood next to Jack and looked around the room. He wore a dark green tailcoat over a white dress shirt and a white linen cravat tied around his neck, as well as a tan pair of trousers and polished black hessian boots. He was quite tall, at least seven feet if not more, and he was also of a very athletic build. His ears were long and pointed, and his eyes were a deep red color with no discernible features; also, he had allowed his long, blue-black hair to flow freely down to his shoulders. The tall man seemed to be unsettled with his surroundings.
For such a fancy hotel, Dr. Eric Lansing was a smidge under-dressed as he entered in a labcoat. It was clean and pressed, and if the pockets didn't quite lay flat, that was due to the sheer number of items that Eric had taken to bringing with him at all times--just to be prepared. Beneath the lab coat he wore a blue collared shirt with black slacks and black shoes.

He entered the hotel, saw the sign point to the bar, realized he did in fact need some alcohol--though not to drink--and adjusted his course accordingly.

But it was upon seeing the few people already gathered that he paused and looked them over. The woman caught his eye first, but only for a moment, as he was then promptly sidetracked by the man with blue skin.

"I'm, uh, not interrupting anything important, am I?" Eric inquired wondering if he'd just stumbled into a social experiment.

Startled by the sudden appearance of the others the shapely femme shies towards a darkened
corner, her head lowered So as not to attract any unnecessary attention. Epiphany clasps
her hands tightly together as she finds a seat against a wall.
Jack Aldo Vindici (played by Witness) Topic Starter

During a pause Jack surveyed his new guests and decided to approach the scientist on his own; Relyn seemed to be content to stand next to the bar and be shy.

"You're just in time, mac; the party's just begun," Jack announced.

Despite his outward appearance of nonchalance, Jack had his doubts about the man's presence here. Maybe he was just in the neighborhood? The woman who was now sitting in the corner reminded Jack that Relyn was still standing at the bar; perhaps Vindici would have give this party a nudge to get things started. Jack turned in place and motioned for the blue man to approach him and the doctor. In a moment, he was introducing the two.

"This's Relyn, he's a buddy of mine from outta town. And you are...?"
"Party, huh?" He smiled though and stuck his hand out. "I'm Dr. Eric Lansing. I'm here for a conference really, but I thought I'd come check out the local clu--" His pocket wriggled suddenly and he looked down just in time to see a rat poke its head out. That wasn't the most disconcerting thing, however. If one looked carefully enough, they could tell it was glowing.

He stuffed the rat back down into his pocket and then looked at the blue-skinned man. "Ah, Relyn, is it. Nice to meet you." And then, because he couldn't help it, he had to know, "How did you get so blue?"

Relyn looked at Jack before he said anything, as if to inquire from Vindici whether it was safe to speak. Jack gave him a reassuring nod and jabbed him with his elbow, as if to tell him to get on with it. Relyn looked back at the doctor and stumbled out:

"I...that is to say, rather...I was always this blue. It is how all Terisians are."

Relyn self-consciously took a step back and paused for a moment; his red eyes blinked quickly as he thought of something else to say.

"Is that animal your pet? Do all of its...species glow like that?"
"Terisian?" But his question was put on hold when he was asked about the glowing rat. He stuck his hand back into his pocket and waited for the glowing rodent to climb up, which it did so, promptly.

"This is Tungsten; he's a rat; and no his species doesn't normally glow. He got caught in an experiment I was running and, came out like this. It's okay though; he's not emitting any harmful radiation or anything--well, not enough to hurt anyone. I should know, he's been with me for the last five years or so." Eric grinned as Tungsten took a look at Relyn and Jack.

"So, why are you throwing a party? Are you celebrating something?

Jack cast a quizzical look towards the rat before responding.

"Not exactly, doc. It's like this, see: a few days ago I got bored, and if there's one thing I can't stand it's being bored. So I threw this party, and anyone's invited. You and anyone else who shows up is welcome. Listen, Eric, I gotta go tend to my other guests here...well, okay 'guest'...but just give a shout if you need something or Relyn starts to get on your nerves."

On that note, Jack tipped his fedora at the Lansing and Tungsten and proceeded to walk over to the seated figure in the room's corner.

The femme, who until now had been praying to the Eternal Flame that her presence would not stir a ripple amidst the males looks up as she hears footsteps approaching her. She stands quickly, gazing at the man as he ambled over.

Jack gave the woman a once over and got the feeling that she wasn't ordinary. His reanimate nature allowed him to occasionally pick up on some types of energy around certain people; some people would call that energy magic, will, chakra, or perhaps an aura, but to Jack it just came across as a gut feeling. He extended his hand with a certain inner caution, but outwardly he was all smiles. Hopefully, Jack thought to himself, she ain't here to chill me off.

Relyn watched Jack walk off before he took a survey of his surroundings. It was clear that he was unfamiliar with this place, and with Jack across the room, the alien seemed to be rather disoriented. After a moment, he looked back at Lansing with an inquisitive expression.

"Other than Jack, you are the first human whom I have ever met in person; we had humans back on Teris, but they seldom came off of the island to speak with us. I often have questions about your race and your planet, but Jack is often too busy to answer them. Would you mind terribly if I asked a few questions of you?"
Eric had been observing Relyn and then glanced in the direction Jack had gone to associate with the other visitor in the room. He had half a mind to go talk with her too at some point, but at Relyn's question, he grinned.

"Absolutely; but only if I can ask questions about you in return."

He didn't notice that Tungsten clambered to the floor and scurried over to Jack.

Relyn placed his right arm over his chest and bowed low, which was the customary show of respect in Teris. After finishing the gesture, the alien gave a small grin before responding.

"It would be my honor to answer any inquiries you may have about Teris. Jack, despite the sacrifices he has made to ensure I do not associate with "wrong gees" while I am away from my planet, never asks me about my home planet; it is refreshing to meet a human who shares my interest in meeting different races."

The man looked around for something which he could sit on and not break, but he found nothing that looked nearly strong enough. With his options limited, Relyn chose to remain standing.

"What would you like to know about us?"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Lunch at the Regalia (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus