Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » In the Amulet of a Dragon

Ray Cozmos (played by CookieLurv)

Standing by a river was Ray, it had been a long time since he had last been here. Apala accompanied him instead choosing to sit on a rock next to him. Currently she was plucking petals from the flower and chanting a rather annoying tune. "We go left, we go right, we go left, we go right, we go-"

"Apala! Please!" Ray groaned as he tugged down his ears hoping to drown out her noise. "We have already taken enough guesses. Now we are lost." His dark red fur glistened with the sun that came through the leaves.
"You are lost, I am not." She laughed as she plucked the last petal which he assumed was left. Bah! Why should he care. "Oh yeah? Where are you then?" he crossed his arms and looked at her with his amber eyes.

"We are in a forest! Do I get a prize for getting it right?" she bent and plucked another flower. Ray growled and shook his head. No wonder he was so lost in this place. His company was crazy and unhelpful to him, though he liked having her around; she was in her own fashion: annoying.

"Hey look!" Apala suddenly said, snapping Ray from his thoughts. "What?" She was pointing at the river and there he saw the glittering gold necklace. Taking several steps into the river he stooped to grab it. When he lifted it up to his face he could see the red interlacing of the amulet."Hmmm...I wonder who this belongs to..." Apala jumped up and down. "What is it?! What is it?! Let me see!"

She leaned forward as he came closer. "Oooh pretty. Can I have it? I found it." Ray shrugged and put it around her neck which made her smile and twirl around happily. "Am I pretty now?" Ray blinked with a blank face. Should he answer that?
Flare (played by StillDoll)

Flare flicked her ears as she heard chattering by a near by stream. Her fire red hair tumbled down her back and a soft breeze picked up the scents of the strangers. Not totally sure where she was, she decided to investigate these new people.
Walking quietly over to the edge of the woods that lined the stream, she looked out. She saw a male wade into the water and a female come up behind him. Whatever they found made her awful excited. Twirling a lock of her hair around her finger, she timidly stepped out of the trees. She was in her human form, but she could never fully get rid of her wolf side. Her wolf ears and tail never disappeared with the rest of the wolf body.
Pulling the hood of her cloak over her head, but not covering her face. Clearing her throat, she tried to get the strangers attention.
Ray Cozmos (played by CookieLurv) Topic Starter

They both turned their heads toward her. Apala was the first to react, "See! Your not the only one lost Ray." She laughed and Ray glared at her. "WE are lost, not just me. Your in the same boat I am in." Apala wasn't listening as she was already moving towards the woman. "Greetings! I'm Apala, nice to meet you." Ray stood behind her, arms crossed as he looked the lady over. His own ears turning with each word Apala said.

"Apala, not everyone wants to talk to you. You know that right?" He stated matter of factly. "And no one cares what you think, you know that right?" She looked over her shoulder at him, sneering slightly. Her Amulet glittered in what was left of the setting sun. It was going to be night soon and he was stuck with Apala. He remembered that he had neglected to introduce himself as well.

It was too late to give first impressions, Apala left no room for that now. "I'm Ray. You can call me R.C. if you wish." Apala laughed, "In other words Retarded Creature." Ray growled. "Why you! Can't you see that we have company? You- no, no, I refuse to get into this again with you." He turned his eyes anywhere other than the fur ball.

Flare took a step back as Apala introduced herself. Apala is a hyper little thing, isnt she? Ray didnt seem to be too intrested in much, but now she knew they were as lost as her.
"Im Flare," she said shyly.

"If i may ask, do you at least know where we are?" Flare asked before cautiously, walking to the edge of the stream.
Sliding back her hood, she pinned her ears to her head and hoped they blended with her hair.

"That's what I've been trying to figure out." he sighed and put his head in his hand. "We are in a forest! Is it that hard to figure out?" She climbed up a tree and up to the top, which tilted with her weight. "Wha? Wait! Apala! Get back down here!" He was concerned that she would fall. Seeing how she lacked a thing called caution. Though she was smart to climb up the tree in the first place, he was still unsure.

Ray looked at Flare. "I'm sorry for her abruptness, she really means well. Just can be a handful sometimes is all." He rubbed his temples in aggravation. Then noticed that her hair turned fuzzy in some spots then went back to normal. His own ears twitched as his curiosity peeked. "Are you-" Apala interrupted him, "Hey Ray catch me would ya?" His head snapped up just in time to see her jump.

"Apala! What the hell-?!" Ray jumped as fast as he could and caught her. His face traveling in dirt and his leg twitched. Groaning around the sand that filled his mouth, Ray cursed."So! I know where you guys are." Seeming to still believe she wasn't lost as well. "I see smoke in that direction, maybe there is a house or a village nearby."

Flare watched curiously as Apala climbed up the tree. Seeing it bend under her weight, she almost said something before Ray said something.

When he started to ask her about wat she was, she put her hood back up. Well the ears blending in didnt work so well. Hearing Apala yell, she looked up and gasped as she jumped.
Taking a few steps towards Ray, she tried not to laugh at him being buried in the dirt.
"Really? Great! Im starving," Flare said and smiled a little.

He peered over his arm at her, still laying on his stomach. His eyebrow raised for a second then he groaned as he slowly sat up. His once dark red fur was now a dusty brown. Ray dreaded it but...he was going to have to go in the cold water and get all this stuff out of it. "If you could wait a moment while I clean up the mess Apala got me in, I would be grateful." He slowly walked out into the water, making small whimpers as it slowly crept up his thighs. With one more brave step forward the water was now over his belly.

All his fur stood up on in as he bit several more curses back. Gritting as he quickly ducked his head underwater he came straight back up and got out of the river, practically running on water. When he reached the shore as was well away from the two he shook himself off.

Apala who was rolling around laughing went into another roll of laughter. Ray's fur was in all kinds of spikes and dips. Growling he said, "Shut your yap and lead us to the smoke would ya?" Avoiding eye contact with both of him he picked up the sword he had laid there an hour ago and strapped it to his back.

Flare stifled a laugh and walked up behind Ray a few feet. Though she cautiously kept several feet from both him and Apala. She wasnt sure if she could trust them just yet and Ray seemed to be an observer.

Flare could've swore he saw her ears, but she couldnt be quite sure. She was wanted in several villages for things she hadnt even done.

Apala's third gust of laughter was cut off with a quick glare from Ray over his shoulder. "Alright alright, don't get your tail in a twist. Sheesh..." She jumped up on a rock. "It's about a mile this way." then she slid off it and started through the trees. Humming to herself happily in her own little world. Ray shook his head and followed, trying to keep his teeth from chattering as a gust of wind caught him in the back side.

Apala started yammering out loud and Ray, who was off in deep thought, came back to reality. "...and so he took a sip of his soup and what's the first thing he does? Spews it every where. All over the table and the waitress, me and everyone within a yard of 'em. I tried telling him it was hot, but no~ no one wants to listen to Apala." Ray hunched his shoulders remembering that time all to well. He was hungry. He couldn't help it. "Hey A.P. how about you silence yourself." He looked around. "Are we any closer yet?" Apala shrugged, "Mmm mmm mhm hmm hummm."
"What?...You know what I meant smart elic."

She laughed and replied with an actual answer. "Just around this corner and we shall be ther- Whoa..." The whole place was collapsed. Ashes of houses were everywhere and there was no sign of life. Well...except for that one hut at the far side of the village. Should they check there? "Flare? What should we do?" Apala asked, voicing his own question.

Flare had been listening to Apala's story and she softly laughed. When they got to the village, Flare stumbled a couple steps back. She hadnt been expecting this at all.
"I-i dont know.. Maybe.. The next town?.." she suggested hesitantly.

The hood slid off her hair and she riased her ears, listening for danger.

Ray looked at Flare once then did a double take. So she did have ears or well ears like his. He was about to suggest that it was a good idea when he noticed that Apala was missing. Sighing heavily he shook his head. "No chance for that now. Apala!" he shouted the last part and made his way into the burned down village, turning he looked at Flare. "You don't have to come in, as soon as I can find her. I will come back." He grinned and turned, slowly sliding down the hill and into the village.

Flare took a quick second to look around before sliding down the hill after Ray. She wasnt about to let him be alone with a possible unknown danger.
"Where do you think she went?" she said from behind him.

"With Apala no idea. She could be anywhere. I swear she is like a new born kitten always getting in things she shouldn't." His footsteps crunched the ashes that covered the ground. It was like a freshly fallen snow. "I wonder what happened to this place..." He could tell what somethings where and others it was damaged beyond recognition. A cloth fluttered in the doorway of a suspiciously undamaged house. "Maybe she is in there?" He looked back at Flare. "Bout time you guys got here! Come in, there is someone you guys should meet." Ray was about to argue but Apala's furry head disappeared behind the sheet. "I refuse." he crossed his arms. "Come out now Apala, we are leaving." Apala's head came back out with a scrunched nose. "Its about the amulet~ you know you want to hear more about it~" She taunted him. He narrowed his eyes at her.

Flare didnt argue with Apala and walked over to the hut. Pinning her ears to her head, she looked back at Ray and smiled reassuringly.
"Come on, Ray. Im sure it will be fine," she said before disappearing into the hut.
Looking around for Apala, she was nervous and stayed by the doorway in case she had to escape.

He let out a breath he hadn't realized he was holding. Following reluctantly behind her, he made his way into the hut. Choosing to stand next to Flare who he assumed was thinking the same as he. Keep an eye on the doorway. Apala sat in front of the old man who had captured her attention so easily. "Welcome to my small home. I am Jeir." He gestured to Apala. "Your friend here as told me an insurmountable amount of information. And a few...other things as well. Sit, sit." He gestured to the small wooden chairs. "I have something I need to tell you all. About this." he lifted the amulet slightly from Apala's neck.

Flare shook her head and stayed by the doorway. "I dont mean to be rude but if you dont mind, i would like to stay standing by the doorway," she replied to Jeir.
She didnt like how Apala was so willing to give out information. What if someone used the information against them. It wasnt very safe, but she couldnt do anything about it now. If Jeir wanted to talk she would listen, but she preferred to be close to the exit.
Many years of being hunted taught you to be ready to flee no matter what.

He simply nodded as a look of complete understanding passed over his face, then he turned back to the amulet. "The owner of this amulet was the one who burned this village. He sought after this for many a year, but it has been passed down from generation to generation. This children were of the gifted sort. Able to use the amulet to their will. What it does depends on the wearer. Sometimes they could shoot flames and sometimes they could fly. But the one thing that mattered most was the ruby." He taped the jewel in the center. "It holds the soul a dragon unlike you've ever seen. One of the most evil and horrific kind. This is what he was after. Hoping he could control the beast to his bidding." Jeir looked at Apala seriously. "This is why he must not have it." Ray looked at Flare. What had they gotten themselves into?

Flare grinned at the thought of an adventure. "Dont worry. I wont even let him look at it," she said seriously.
If it meant that he would destroy everything like he did this place, she wouldnt let him touch it. That and it would put Apala in danger as well. Glancing at Ray, she smiled a little.

He was worried, no...he was afraid. If something happened to Apala no matter how much the little fur ball annoyed him. She was still his friend and his cousin. He could feel eyes looking at him and he glanced at Flare who had a small smile that was barely noted due to the lack of light in the small hut.
Jeir chuckled, a dry sounding noise that seemed like it took alot of effort. Ray could tell what the toll of all the flames and smoke had caused to the old man. "Very well young-ins...I would love to assist in this adventure with all of you as my urge for fun seems to have never left even when I have grown into a dusty, old man," He sat back in his chair. "But I am afraid that the time for rest has finally come for this old geaser."
Then he pointed to the amulet one more time, "The world and her soul depends on all of you." Then he slowly lowered it into his lap and seemed to sink into himself as he closed his eyes for the last time. Apala tried to take the amulet off, deciding that she didn't want it anymore only to realize that it wouldn't come off. "Um...Ray?" she yanked it once more. "I guess we have no choice..." Ray stood and glanced at Jeir, bowing in thanks for giving them some guidance before raising up once more. Then he turned to Flare, and unlike himself in this kind of situation, smiled...

Flare left the hut before anyone else and looked around, listening as well for any unwelcome sounds. Reaching behind her, she pulled out a handgun and loaded it with rounds. Then placed it back in the waistband of her pants. She really needed to get a holster for it but that part always managed to slip her mind.
Looking back at the entrance of the hut, she waited for Apala and Ray.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » In the Amulet of a Dragon

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus