Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » So tell me..

Flight

I've never been one to RP in a forum, it's always been live person to person action. Usually we're givin' 24 hours to post, otherwise our turn is forfeited and the person who is next in line gets to post. I'm at a loss at what to do here! I'm told I am an amazing role-player, and very creative when it comes to writing up character information (Probably due to me writing so many books, none of which are finished/published yet) and being in touch with my 'inner-child' or imaginative side. I'm here on this site now because the one I was previously on has basically died when it comes to RP! Help! I'm starving for a good role-play! Let me know what is going on, where my character(s) would best fit in, and how do I even start a role-play; all I see are forums, no chat boxes~ This is all new for me, lol! I have a lot of time on my hands due to being in the 'process' of moving, I guess you could say. I jumped form Indiana to Florida for about a week, and then jumped from there to Texas! Hopefully in a few weeks I will be able to go back to Indiana, get my things (and my sweet little kitten) and finally and officially move! Until then, I am stuck doing the same things everyday! Watch tv, draw, play some xbox, eat, sleep, shower, and then internet. It gets so boring when there is nothing new or any change! Somebody please help me and break this boring spell over me! Otherwise I might actually snap and reach a new level of insanity! :P Hit me up any time on here, through email(spark_xarcanine@yahoo.com), chatango.com(Flight), facebook(Spark Arcanine), or even deviantART(Sparkanine). I'm usually always on the Chatango site unless I am asleep. Erm... wow, wrote more then I expected too! Lol, it's 3:45 in the morning, I'll wrap this up and see what comes of it! Hope to hear form y'all soon! :)
Sanne Moderator

Hi there! I'm having trouble deciding which of your two topics to reply to, but since this one has the most questions in it, I'll just start here. ;)

Welcome to RPR first and foremost! Always good to have a new face around. :) Forum RP is actually no different than person-to-person live chat, with the exception it's a little slower. I'm used to doing both live chat RP on a game called Furcadia as well as forum roleplay since I joined here.

Our chat feature isn't quite like what you're used to, probably! Every forum topic, including this one, can be turned into a chatbox by clicking on the "Launch Chat" button at the top and bottom of each topic. If you're online at the same time as your roleplay partner, you can use a roleplay topic to post at each other and you'll see it pop up right away. :) This means you'll never lose your previous posts (they're all stored in an almost endless forum topic) while having all the benefits of a chat. And you can keep posting at each other even if you're not online at the same time.

We have an official Chat topic for non-roleplay chat, where a lot of regulars hang out and talk. You can find it on the "Home" page to the right side. It looks like this (this button doesn't work though. XD):

come-chat-button.png

I'd also like to give you a small tip for lengthy posts: if you write a large piece of text, such as in this topic, it helps to add paragraphs to it to make it easier to read. :) To some people it becomes difficult to read if there are no divisions in the text, so formatting text like I did in this post helps fellow members out a lot.

If you have anymore questions, please, go ahead and ask!
Hello, and welcome aboard!

The chat is awesome. It's a great place to meet people and toss around ideas sometimes, or just waste time...

I've been on here for a few months now, and I have yet to actually start a one on one RP with anyone. Basically, because I've been RPing with one person for my entire RPing experience, so I'm a little nervous. However, please feel free to look through my characters and if you find any of them intriguing, send me a PM and maybe we can work something out.

It's kind of funny, your path of moving around. I'm currently in Indiana, and before that was South Carolina, and before that, Texas... I found that amusing! :D
Flight Topic Starter

Thanks so much Sanne that helps a lot! :P I'll try and remember to keep my lengthy posts divided into paragraphs.

Cassie really? Where at in Indiana? I was up north near Michigan; and sure I'll check out your characters and get back to you. :)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » So tell me..

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus