Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » New Gods on the Block

So, the setting is thus, it shall be a fantasy based RP revolving around the players each playing a member of a new, fresh pantheons of gods, sent to a world that has just formed with the task of creating and guiding life upon that world.

The twist...all the players must play a character that is randomly generated from this Site

Players are free to play good gods, evil gods, form rivalries between one another, compete with one another using mortal champions, what have you. You know, typical god stuff.

What do you think all? Comments, suggestions on world building, limitations we should put on the game?

I do need help coming up with what our "Mount Olympus" will be.

So feel free to discuss.
I'm in for this, sounds like it'd be loads of fun! :) We should probably set some sort of limits on magic since that doesn't seem to be a part of this generator, but that's just a suggestion from me! :)
CactusBat Topic Starter

"This god of smithies takes the form of a young man. He has a masculine build. He is bald. His slanted eyes are jet black. His skin looks like it is made of metal, and various metal tools emerge from it. He is usually portrayed as wearing an utilitarian costume that is mostly turquoise in color. He carries a ring of keys. He has the lower body of a tiger. He can shape metal at a touch."

I am just saving this here, just in case I forget it. I'll roll up a few. But so far, this is one I like.

For Magic, I am actually thinking that as Deities our magics would be limited to our purviews. Like as the Forge Gods I could only do magic revolving around metal, craftsmanship, trade, and heat.

That or we could take a Mage Duel perspective on it, where out magic is unlimited, but in a conflict, the god is oathbound to pick only two purviews and one becomes his weapon and the other his shield and then they duel it out to find which has the greater mastery.

We could also limit it in that on our home plane, we're all equal. So using magic on one another would be pointless.
I like the idea of it being limited to what their skill set is in the description, with maybe a few minor tweaks. Like say...they should all probably be able to 'teleport' to their version of Olympus, otherwise that's going to be a lot of walking for some of them XD
CactusBat Topic Starter

Indeed, that is probably the best way to go about it.

But what about the "Olympus" itself. Wish there was a random landscape generator we could use.
http://www.seventhsanctum.com/gens/landscape.html This one gives names of places, a description could be worked on from there?
CactusBat Topic Starter

It's a good start.
<.< >.> Hrm. interesting.
This god of art takes the form of a teenage boy. He is short and has a thin build. His deep-set eyes are turquoise. He has ivory skin. He is usually portrayed as wearing a revealing suit of armor and a necklace. He carries a burning stick of incense. He can make imagined ideas real.

Putting this here to call dibs on it, unless I change my mind XD If I do I'll edit the post.
CactusBat Topic Starter

What do you think on my chapter idea? On that each chapter is a task for the pantheon and they have to go about it as best they can?

I am also liking the Fjord of Palaces for the god-plane. At first I didn't but now it's growing on me.

Heaven is reached by boat, across a sea in the sky of impossible lengths. It ends in a curving wall of cliffs, that stretch to the horizon on either side and reach so impossibly high that one cannot see their plateau. Only the gods are permitted to walk upon the top of the cliff, where they hold council with one another. Along the Fjord's face, dotting the wall of heavenly bright stone, are the many palaces of those who have ascended here.
TheLily

This composed goddess of merchants takes the form of a crone. She has a curvy build. She has no hair, but instead her head is covered in spines. Her deep-set eyes are aquamarine. She has vermillion skin covered in line-like designs. Her outfit is that of a sorceror, and it is mostly crimson in color. She carries a basket. She can bestow or take away fortune with ease.
That sounds good to me Cactus :) and the chapter thing sounds cool as well, that way we're not just drifting around in the plot, it has a place to go :)
Hrm. Having trouble cause so many of them sound good.
Me too! Me too!
CactusBat Topic Starter

Glad to have you guys ^___^
CactusBat Topic Starter

So so far, we have a God of art, a goddess of Merchants, and a god of Smithies.
This god of destiny takes the form of a young man. He is very tall and has a masculine build. He has wavy, long, cream-colored hair worn in an exotic style. His slanted eyes are beige. He has white skin. He is usually portrayed as wearing an impractical suit of armor that is mostly red in color. He also wears various rings. He carries a map. He can change the threads of fate. He sometimes takes the form of a mantis.

My character that I shall put into this. Also when is this rp starting up?
CactusBat Topic Starter

Well, I am thinking I could get the thread up after I get the character sheet for my god up. But the question is, do we just want to do regular threads for this, or start up a Group?
Also what types of names are we going for?
CactusBat Topic Starter

Fantasy stylized names I think.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » New Gods on the Block

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus