Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » A Little Win Goes a Long way.

The Red Fool (played by TheLily)

AJ stepped out of the convenience store, looking at the little note.

Twenty-five hundred dollars. Two-thousand five hundred dollars. Lots and lots of dollars.

AJ ran a hand through her hair. That sort of money would either buy a lot of boots, or a number of good meals, or maybe... Just maybe once Roo got a job they could move into a better flat. One that was on the ground floor. One with two bedrooms. One with cupboards that didn't fall apart.

She clutched the piece of paper and texted her mum. She considered texting Roo as well, but thought better of it. She knew he'd contact her, and if he went five hours without contact she would go looking for him. Even with her broken leg she was certain she could get around and save his butt if he was in trouble.

She went to a coffee shop and ordered a single donut. It was cheap, a little stale, but until she got paid (either the winnings or her pay from work) it was all she could afford.

She opened her cell to look at the screen, waiting for a text reply.
Blair Westcott (played by Krissy)

She sighed, tapping her fingers as she awaited an answer, hoping to find out something was out there or rather someone. Soft piano music played on the speakers as Blair leaned over the counter, taking in the tall man working on what seemed to be an ancient computer.

"Can you hurry it up? I'm sort of in a rush. I bet a monkey could do this job faster!" Blair said. "Look, all I need is her number, could you give me that?" She chewed loudly on the sticky gum that was in her mouth. The man looked up from his glasses, a grim look on his face. He was a Genealogist, someone who could find anyone in the world that had her genes. Handing her a yellow sticky note, Blair eagerly snatched it from the man.

"Thanks." She said happily, bouncing out of the building. Dialing the number, Blair gave a happy "Hello.. I know you don't know who I am, but I'm hoping you would like to get to know me. I'm Blair. I..." She didn't want to say it over the phone. The greed in her eyes were shown in the flickering street lights.
The Red Fool (played by TheLily) Topic Starter

AJ listened for a long moment. She felt uneasy, "-uhm." She interrupted, trying to collect her thoughts quickly, "Since you say I don't know you, why should I meet with a completely stranger?" She paused, looking down at her purse for a long minute, "Are you, like, someone I should know, or are you just a random stranger who chose my number out of a hat?" Her phone was unlisted, but she knew there were other ways of getting around that.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » A Little Win Goes a Long way.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus