Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Affiliate groups

Sanne Moderator

Just like how characters can connect, it could be fun to affiliate/connect groups together as well.

Groups might want to do this if they have a theme in common (for example they're both Pokemon groups) or if the group founders want to have their kingdoms affiliated with each other ICly and represent this on the group page (think Darth and I joining Empires together!).

It would basically be just a widget like "character connections" with an area to write something about the connection. It wouldn't involve additional notifications (I don't see why that would be useful as it seems more of a bother to receive notifications from a group you didn't actually join).

I'm assuming the easiest way to display these connections is the same way it's currently displayed on character profiles. For example:
Kim Site Admin

I'm not sure I see a need for this to be officially supported beyond the bbcode for images, links and positioning. With no additional notifications, creating the database tables and user interfaces for this would be a lot of programming for a very very tiny payoff. Since this can already be accomplished today with the existing features, I don't think I'm going to add it to the development task list. But keep the ideas coming. :)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Affiliate groups

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus