Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The SPLINTER Effect

Zuma (played by trombonejedi)

(I hope not. It was looking like an awesome RP.)
Chenelle Isla (played by Guardian_Girl)

(It was.. think we could do it without him?)

(I dunno, his character was pretty central to the whole RP...I might just move on and see if he starts it back up in the future)

(Yeah..)

(Actually, it looks like he deleted his character for the RP, so I guess this is done.. well, I'm about to do an Overwatch Academy roleplay, if you're up for that)

(He deleted his whole profile.. and I may be, but what exactly is it? *feeling like an idiot*)

(Overwatch is a first person shooter game with a bunch of cool characters. Everything I know about Overwatch I learned from YouTube videos. Watch about half an hour of them and you'll get a general idea XD)

(Oh, haha. Not sure I want to watch that much..)

(It's cool, you don't have to join if you don't want to)

(I would love to join, but I don't want to watch..)

(Well, I can explain it to you. What do you want to know about Overwatch?)

(Just whatever I really need to know to join is fine)

(All right. Overwatch is this private organization of heroes that try to restore in a world torn by war and terrorism. The heroes are divided into four categories: Offense characters that are mostly self sufficient, Defense characters that use deployables like shields, Tank characters that have lots of health, and Support characters that heal other players. Every character has four abilities. Ability 1 is the main weapon and includes primary and alternate fire. Tracer and Reaper don't have alternate fire since they dual wield their weapons. Ability 2 is a passive ability and doesn't do any damage, but grants the character more movement. Ability 3 is different for every character. It could be some stun ability (McCree) or a shield (Mei) or rockets (Soldier 76). Ability 4 is a character's ultimate ability and is a very powerful attack, except for support characters, where the ultimate might be either a shield or healing for the character's team. Do you want to know about a few of the characters?)

(Sure)

(All right. Well, a few of the most popular offense characters are Tracer, Widowmaker, and McCree. Tracer is a skinny lady who talks in an annoying British accent. She uses two Pulse Pistols that have a high rate of fire. She seems a bit mentally unstable, but she's always smiling. Widowmaker is another popular one. She's a terrorist and assassin that uses a medium power assault rifle that is easily converted into a high power sniper rifle using the alt fire. McCree is a cowboy-style fighter that uses a high power revolver and stun grenades.)

(Interesting.)

(A few well known defense characters are Bastion and Hanzo. Bastion is a robot that uses a submachine gun as well as a deployable Gatling gun. Hanzo is a Asian-style soldier that uses a high accuracy charge-fire bow.

The most popular Tanks are Reinhardt and D.Va. Reinhardt is a huge guy in full armor that uses a large short-range hammer and a deployable shield. D.Va is a Korean professional gamer that uses a pink mech. The mech has short-range high-power shotguns.

Some of the support characters are Zenyatta, Ana and Lúcio. Zenyatta is a Buddhist monk that attacks and heals with weird orbs. Ana is another sniper that uses bullets to both heal and attack. Lúcio, my favorite character, is a Brazilian music celebrity that uses a sound gun to attack and songs to heal and support his teammates.)

(Hm)

(Yeah, it's a little complex but the overall idea is pretty awesome)

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The SPLINTER Effect

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus