Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Bokor Kalfu (Open)

Remy (played by Rubix)

Remy had only owned this shop now for a few months, but he'd gotten a steady stream of customers coming for all sorts of things. But for now the tiny shop was vacant of all but the owner, it was a small hole in the wall type thing that looked clean and orderly on the outside. But didn't look quite the same on the inside. Remy had spent weeks aging the inside of the store to look like what people expected.

He'd taken layers of paint and put them on, then done what needed to be done to make it look like the inside was older than it should. Then he'd worked on stocking up his shelves, which he'd worked to get everything authentic. He wanted to make sure that while it looked like a cliche, it was true at least. There were shelves of old leather bound books that had cracked and aged, all on the occult and all specializing in voodoo. He made sure to put those together, then he had his private shelf above the glass topped counter. There were masks hanging on the far wall above a small altar he'd set up more for show than anything else, another wall held all of his herbs and ingredients for various "spells". Then of course there were more things like the dolls and other small objects by the counter.

Currently he was perched on his little stool with a book open, he was working on getting some things together for a protection spell. The little shop was no bigger than a living room, but there were narrow stairs in the back that led to Remy's apartment, and where his hounfour was.
Hex (played anonymously)

Hex blew out the last puff of smoke from his cigarette, as he stepped toward the Shop. He'd seen this place before, had probably passed by it plenty of times on his walks around this part of town. He flicked the smoke to hit on the edge of the sidewalk, stomping his boots into it on his way inside. "Bokor Kalfuuuu" He said to himself as he opened the door, slinking inside the establishment.

Hex ran his hand along the back of his head as he entered, His hair buzzed around the side, it all a bit longer on top. He was wearing an aged leather jacket. A Valkerkie on the back with "Let me Live" in curvasive letters over the top. He was a little scruffy as well, neglecting to shave as often as he should.

"Wow." He said aloud as he stepped inside, his boots making small thuds here and there. he walked a little heavy in his boots, not really a stomp but you could hear him coming. The interior was not what he was expecting at all, but it very impressive. He looked around like a kid in a candy store, not really sure where to begin. He headed straight for the books once he eyed them. Picking up one he could pronounce the title to. He flipped open the book, and began thumbing through the pages.
Remy (played by Rubix) Topic Starter

Remy was cutting a coconut in half when he heard Hex say "wow". He blinked and offered a dashing smile, with his relaxed style and his cool gray eyes. He watched the new person and go directly to the books. With a smile he eased off the stool, "Anything I can do for you cher?"

Remy wasn't a very tall man, in fact he was just average height and even being slender he had a presence. He gave off a cool vibe, like everything was going to be alright. And dressed in a pair of dark jeans and a white button down with a black vest over it he looked relaxed but also like he was trying to be his own kind of professional..
Hex (played anonymously)

Was humming the tune to "Whatever Happened?" By the strokes, as he flipped more though the pages studying the images and text. He heard a male voice coming from somewhere, and he looked around. Spotting the guy easing off a stool. He was given an equally charming smile. "Oh hey man." He said, as he flipped another page or two. "I'm kinda new to this Voodoo stuff, I've messed around here and there with other types...don't have a clue when it comes to this though." Hex looked a little scrappy, a bit the opposite. At least today he looked like he had gotten plenty of sleep. Hex was a nightowl supreme.

Hex would shut the book, sliding it back where it belonged, sliding a hand up the back of his neck again. It was a thing he was known to do when he was thinking, or was nervous. His eyes were scanning over everybook. He had no clue where to begin.

Remy offered a smile to the man, "Why hello, and what brought you to the Vodun? Anything in particular?" Remy was a curious soul, but he always found people interesting, especially when they were brought to his religion.

He took his eyes off the man and put them onto the book then back to Hex, "I'm Remy by the way cher, so what would you like to know?"
Hex (played anonymously)

Hex stepped away from the books for a moment, stepping nearer to the man, who had just introduced himself. "Hex, pleasure to meet ya." He shot a wink, as he looked over at the dolls. hand hovering over one. "Well.." He started out slowly, not sure if he wanted to speak on up. "My place.... see i do a lot of dark magic stuff. Not like malicious stuff but it's still in that sorta realm, right?" He broke his eyes off of the doll to look over at Remy. "Anyway, The spells have sort've brought a lotta bad spirits in ya see. I'm not so good with the banishing stuff. I was kinda wondering if Vodun has any incantations that might be more effective than the other things I've tried." He kept rubbing the back of his neck, running things over in his head.

Remy watched him and offered a nod, "Vodun, while having it's own darkness is very good at offering light. Cleansing is not a hard task, but it is complicated." Remy pursed his lips, "I would not be lying if I said that people haven't died doing them before cher."

And he wasn't lying, those who were not quite as good had died doing them before and it was always a concern. "If you'd like I can teach you, or I could assist you which would probably be safer in the long run."

Normally Remy didn't offer his services out but he didn't mind for the ones that had legitimate interests. Remy stepped over to an area where he put together gris-gris. "If you like cher, I can get a gris-gris together for you. It can offer protection while you wait for a cleanse."
Hex (played anonymously)

Met eyes with Remy as he explained, the risk involved. "Hmmmm sounds like a big risk." Hex personally only held a little worry at hearing the fact he could die doing this. But then again He did things all the time that could kill him. One of those was keeping him in working order, the other was the reason his apartment was full of bad spirits right this moment.

"I'm a quick learner I promise, But I think with as much risk involved and my real lack of skills in the general Vodun sense of all this, maybe assisting would be better." He liked that Remy wasn't being nosy, The girl at the Broken Cauldron over in North-ridge always asked him what he had done, when things went array.

He shot Remy another grin. "Alright let's gris-gris this up.." He clapped his hands together, then stopped for a moment. "What is a Gris-gris exactly? sounds good an protecty." Hey Remy was the pro in this area of Magic, Hex was still curious, knowing him he'd might need to learn how to do this one day.

Remy offered a nod, "It can be cher, but everything is a little risky. But vodun is a powerful tool when used either to effectiveness or failure, but the Loa do not wish to be failed and so they fight against failure at all costs."

He offered a soft smile, "I would not be surprised, you seem to have knowledge about you cher. Something that would make you attuned to the likes of the Loa. They like that, so you're already on their good side."

The question of the gris-gris made him smile as he headed over and began pulling jars down. "Gris-Gris are in the easiest explanation are herbal invocations. It should offer you protection and start to ward off the spirits."
Hex (played anonymously)

Hex studied Remy intently, trying to remember all the terms he was using. "Glad they don't wanna fail, it'd be a real mess if they were." Hex was pretty obviously sarcastic, but he did it in a way that let the person he was with know he was kidding, he was making light of a situation that could use it. Truth be told he hadnt actually slept in his own apartment in well over a week. The night he realized there were bad spirits there? Well he didn't neccesarily want to talk about that. So instead he stayed quiet for the most part letting Remy explain.

Hex returned the smile. "Aw gee man, let's hope, don't wanna get on the bad side of the Loa." He went tight lipped again as Remy went over to his jars. Pulling out what Hex assumed, and what was almost immeaditly confirmed, to be the things needed for Gris-gris. He had about a million more questions, he was a lot like a curious cat when it came to things like this. Infact it was his own curiousity that had led to his home being invaded. "Maybe this'll keep them from throwing books at my head untill we can evict them. Dark spirits are awful roomates I'll tell ya."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Bokor Kalfu (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus