Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Stuck on you (Edison x Genet)

Edison Firemind (played anonymously) Topic Starter

After listening Edison calmed down a bit... although it was still unnerving. He stood, dusting his robe off.

"Sorry. Thought you were talking about someone in the immediate century... I don't always get along with my family but... well, you know." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, and continued to walk.
Genet de Drac (played anonymously)

Genet straightened out her hair and followed close behind.

"three centuries ago actually and I understand. Besides, I never expected you to like me. 'The life of a reaper is first to death and second to none' we like to say. We don't have friends, or family, or relationships of any kind exept as colleagues to each other."

He pushed his mouth to the side, glancing at her. "Well that's rather grim... no pun intended." he really couldn't imagine going through life like that. Sure he wanted his space but... He shook his head. Grim thoughts indeed... again no pun intended.

As they walked the night eventually came, the summer's air not quite as hot as before. There were no travelers, and the wildlife seemed sparse.

Genet looked around and yawned.

"It's quiet, to quiet for me. Normaly about this time when I've had a few hours to myse.. well not entirely by myself considering the circumstances, Death normaly has another"

GENET! THE WEREWOLF RAID PATROL WAS NOT COMPLETED! WHERE ARE YOU!

Genet cringed as Death's booming and painful voice shot threw her mind.

"South Giganias, a Mage summoned and bound m-"

DOESN'T MATTER! THERE IS A FARM NEARBY WITH A GHOST! SEARCH AND COLLECT!
"But we're sort of-"

SEARCH AND COLLECT!

Genet sighed, she felt Death's presence leave.

"I'm not raving to myself so you know"

Edison had backed away as far as he was allowed.

"never said you were. Didn't even think it. Honest."

He gulped. Please don't anger the crazy death lady...

Genet rolled her eyes.

"Death just gave me an assignment. Search and collect. Apperantly their is a farm nearby with a ghost."

Oh... Well that wasn't so bad.

"ghosts... Ok." rather easy going considering. "uh... Wich direction? The oly farm is..." he turned around and pointed through the woods. "that way, about 10 miles."

"Then that way we go, the only direction death ever gives us is that it is normaly the closest said location."

She started into the woods, pushing away a bush at the distance limit.

"Do you know what I, or we I guess, have to do?"

"Something like the Exorcist?" Edison offered, not much of a wiz when it came to Anti spirit things. "You... Send the souls to beyond this world and into the next?"

"No, your thinking priest, they banish evil spirits. We handle the trapped ones. Ghosts who's soul still remains in the body yet cannot escape said body. So they send what portion of themselves that can escape, their consciousness, bodyless they take on the form of whatever they looked like at death, fatal wounds and all. They are the ones that most people think of cause they are the only ones that reveal themselves. What we have to do is find the body and collect the soul."

She wasn't paying atention and tripped over a root. Cursing to herself she got up and started again.

He actually caght her before she fell, out of instinct. And for a brief second he turned red, quickly helping her up and letting go, walking at a brisk pace.

"R-really? That sounds very interesting... Um... do you have like a spell for that or do you wave your hands and do some reaper voodoo?"

Genet blushed back, and continued blushing until they reached the limit and she had to jog a moment to catch up.

"No, most of that is either human Mumbo jumbo or part of a spell. Reapers are the only beings besides death that can touch souls, only once the body is dead however. In this case I just have to find the body, reach in, and pull out the soul. This could be as easy as digging up a to early burial to fighting a mad Mage that didn't want to let go of a loved one."

"You don't say..." Edison scratched the back of his head. The walk was far from fun, roots, plants, and other such things got in their way. A lot. And more than once he helped her over tricky terrain. Talking was minimal, mostly because he was shy.

(Want me to play the bad guys? Or do you have something in mind?)

Genet also focus more on the terrain then anything else. Not out of shyness, out of fear of where her wandering thoughts might tread.

Eventually the forest cleared, revealing a farm house and barn with a dirt road to nowhere and a wooden fence.

"we're here"

She opened the bag at her waiste and it almost seemed to moan happily. Dipping her arm longer inside the a normal bag would allow, she removed a pair of cross necklaces, a few vials of holy water, the whole exorcism pack.

"If someone human is in there then we need this to pose as exorcists so that we can question them. If they aren't human, a toss of holy water should distract them enough to prepare ourselves. Ready?"

Edison was actually already prepairing. With a word he had conjured a glow around his dagger, and flipped his cape over his shoulder. "Holy elemental enchantment. Never leave home without it."

he cracked his neck and looked at her. "Let's reap some souls, shall we?"

This made Genet smile.

"Keep that up and I might have to paint a skull on your face"

Genet unstrapped her scythe in preparation, the scythe stayed on her back but began to pulse with power. She stepped towards the house and touched the knob.

"from what I can tell there are a lot of souls in there but no living. Only one of the souls are the on we're looking for. Shoulda said something but trapped ghosts often attract angry spirits trying to devour it for power"

"So..." He blinked a moment. "... take out the angry ones and capture the live one? I think I can do that..." He had learned a few spells that were for more than just entertainment.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Stuck on you (Edison x Genet)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus