Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Stuck on you (Edison x Genet)

Edison Firemind (played anonymously) Topic Starter

He shuddered at teh thought. Telefragging was a rumor that made any mage wary. "I'd rather walk, thanks. i don't want my insides to not make it to where we go..."

He sighed and looked around the room. "Well, i'll need to pack first... it's several days to the nearest outpost, then more after that."
Genet de Drac (played anonymously)

Genet unstrapped her scythe as she listened, placing it against the wall.

"just collect what you need, I'll take care of the packing"

She tapped the bag at her waist as she spoke.

With a littel work, because they had to be close to each other, Edison finally got everything he needed in a bag. "Alright then, I'm ready."

((sorry for the late reply, been busy all day))

Genet followed around, often getting tethered back if she lingered to long. She would comment on a few things, lend a hand now and then, but nothing of any importance.

"Ok, so do you want to head out now or wait till tomorrow?"

He shook his head. "Let's go now. I'd rather not delay this any longer than I have to."

Genet stepped aside, motioning towards the door.

"After you"

He sighed and nodded, and headed upstairs. There was some sort of comotion going on, but in the hustle he didn't think about it. They left teh inn, and the two found themselves on a cobblestone street. Around them was the small lumber village of Pinecrest. It was a quaint little place, with enough to do to keep the easy to please happy. Edison looked down the road out of town.

"Well... That way is a good place to start..."

((bro is in bed now))

Genet followed him up the stairs, noting that he didn't lock the door but assuming that he had some sort of protective rune. As they got to the main floor Genet paused, at least for a moment. It wasn't the dead man or the fight starting over the cause of his death, she'd seen to many deaths and fights to care anymore. What caught her eye was the fact that the dead man's soul was missing, even though reapers often give a soul a good amount of time before collection. She felt a tug and continued on, pushing the thought away for another time.

Genet blinked as she stepped out into the sunlight, she looked around the town, a few shops, a town square/market. It was small to say the least and she could see that some people would prefer it. However Genet was not one of those people. She preferred the crowds of the city, somehow she found comfort and routine in everyday chaos.

"Before we shove off... where are we?

Edison looked at her, then hesitated his question of wether or not she got out much. "Pinecrest. About... 30 miles from the nearest outpost, from there its a long way to either Capital or The College...." He scratched the back of his head. "And if you can find a beter way between either of them, I'm open to it... I'm, not exactly safe in those places."

Genet glanced around, assessing the area as best she could, trying to recognize where she was.

"I've never been here before. What country is it? Maybe I can figure out how far I went when you summoned me?"

He blinked. Then slapped his forhead. Of COURSE she hasn't seen any of this, he summoed a Reaper for crying out loud. "This is South Giganias, near the Wasteland border."

He started walking down the path. It was already mid day, and they had tracks to get to. "Sorry for summoning you by the way. I really thought I had the spell down correctly..."

((srry, bro woke up, he's been weird all day))

Giganius? That means I'm halfway around the world!

Genet lingered a moment before catching up just before he reached the five foot mark.

"not a problem, you got it from a book after all, besides, here's a chance to get to know the area better in case I get assignments here in the future"

Edison looked up at her slightly.

"Asignments... You go around killing people?" It was blunt, but how else do you ask the burning question? Tip toeing just ticked people off. The road was well traveled, the path almost smoothed dirt and the rocks kicked out of the way.

"sometimes, mostly we collect the souls of the already dead, but we take care of those who get on Death's bad side, necromancers for instance, or those who kill to often. We keep demons and other powerful creatures that could upset the balance from doing so. Without us the world would be a chaotic mess and humans would be long extinct. However our involvement with souls and death often give us a bad image so we try to hide ourselves if possible and, as you saw before, we all wear cloaks and either masks or face paint to hide our identity. Death is probably going to chew me out for getting out of uniform in front of someone, especially a Mage"

As she spoke she kicked around a palm sized smooth rock, buffeted by wind and shoe. She dug her foot in and kicked it up, nearly tripping to catch it. She began to examine it as she spoke. It wasn't as smooth as it looked and it was slightly egg shaped. A small dip in the side made it perfect for gripping with her thumb in the groove. A good throwing rock, she pocketed it for later.

"How about you? What do you do?"

He shrugged a bit.

"I'm a Mage. Nothing much else to say about me. I have a lot of stuff I want to do, but can't because of my notority. Mostly what I do is entertain, usually for children and the like. However I'm... fairly well in a fight. I don't need to rely on magic so much as my wits."

Come to think of it his clothes didn't look like the typical wizard. Other than just teh clothe tan and black robe, he also had a leather vest, with tan pants on and a simple shirt. his bag was slung over his shoulder, and he carried not a staff, but a dagger in his belt.

Genet looked him up and down, deciding whether or not he was telling the truth, satisfied she. Looked up at a bird flying above.

"My name is Genet by the way, Genet de Drac"

The bird fell, shot down by some unknown hunter, somehow she envied the bird, death, instead of capture.

(Does her name invoke death?)

Edison nodded. "Edison Firemind." Now there was a name she would know. The Firemind's not only ran the Mage College, but another firemind was said to be the greatest WarMage of his time.

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance." He saw the bird, and frowned a bit. he didn't see how it died, but it intrigued him.

Genet looked at him eyebrows raised.

"Firemind huh? I think I collected the soul of a Firemind before. Took me and three others to get the guy to finally take his dues."

Genet's tone was easy going as if talking about death was everyday chatter, and to her, it was.

Edison was suddenly jumping back and away from her, the bond making them both fall as he tried to crawl away.

"What the hell?!" he shouted. She killed a member of his family? And she just TOLD him that? "What- Who- What kind of sick freak justs admits to killing a RELATIVE of the person they're talking to?!"

Genet was thrown into the dirt and was coughing and gagging as she tried to get up. She was angry now and began to rant with much gesturing and yelling.

"Well, this sick FREAK talks about that kind of stuff every DAY! And in case you didn't KNOW this happens to be the FIRST time this sick FREAK has spoken to a non-reaper in over a HUNDRED, YEARS!"

She was finally up and calm, she sighed and looked at him.

"Don't look at me like that. If if it makes you feel better he was long dead when we got to him. A necromancers brought him back to life with the soul intact, a big no no by the way, and we came to collect. Even if the necromancers wasn't there we wouldn't have killed him anyway. We don't kill for souls, we collect them, long after the person is dead.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Stuck on you (Edison x Genet)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus