Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Dresden Files

Alright, the idea for this popped up in the chat so I'm curious to see if anyone would be interested in a Dresden style rp? I know not everyone has read the books, but might still be interested, so the plot would revolve more around the Dresden Files world and less around the characters present in them. I'm thinking this might make a better group that simple rp.

So...who is interested, and what ideas do you have?!";
question : can you explain the dresden files world
Luulu Topic Starter

Hmm...I can try! The Dresden Files world is a modern day Fantasy setting.

Magic is real, and humans who have magical ability are called "Wizards". The most powerful of these wizards are called "The White Council" and of those, there is the "Senior Council", those that have power, but not a lot, and those un detected by the Council go about their own lives.

The council has rules though, and if you break these rules you become known as a "Warlock". Very, very few Warlocks are taken pity on, and can become apprentices. Most of the time however, Warlock's are executed.

Of the council there are also the Wardens, who do the Council's bidding and make sure the laws are kept.

But these are .just. the humans with powers!

There are also the humans without power, particularly the "Special Investigations" portion of the police. Their job is to handle the situations no one else can explain, and then make a report everyone else can accept. It is a difficult and thankless job.

Outside of the humans there are the werewolves:
Humans who can shapeshift into large wolves at will. There are several different types of Werewolves, kinda of like "breeds" that will be gone into more detail in the group.

Vampires:
There is the White court - Vampires who prey on emotions
Red Court- Vampires who prey on blood but can retain human shape
and Black Court- nearly extinct, and closer to the older rules of being a vampire.

Again, more details to come.

And the Fey:

Winter court
Summer court

Each court has three queen's I think. Current queen, past queen, and future queen. Each court has a Knight which does their bidding, and each court has unique creatures to them.

There are also the 'little people' who are closer to sprites and what not.

There are more than just these....but this is all I can think of just off the top of my head. If I start the group however, I will go into detail about how magic in this world works, ect.
okay sounds interesting i think ill join in on your group

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Dresden Files

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus