Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Does anyone else get frustrated writing profiles?

illantis wrote:
Thanks for the advice, Draken. Quick question: what are "shorties"?

Things like : "ur" "lol" "u". That stuff.
Perhaps not as much as feeling frustrated, but i do have a had time writting the profiles. Altought I love the whole creative process and coming up with outcomes and ideas, I have a tought time putting them on words. And considering english is not my main language, it becomes harder to put them on english words.

I am used to rp in the kind of forums of "decribe backstory and personality in at least ten lines" type. Asides from the describing the subjects, one gets used to do so in some kind of literarian way. Thus, every time I have to write the backstory I end up going crazy because i either don't know the word needed, the description doesn't really fits, or I don't like the flow of the sentence. To this, add that I get distracted easily, and every time i have a doubt i check it up on a different tab. It's basically the perfect recipe for a puny paragraph of describing how Bastardio McJerk loves smoothies to take the whole day. And that if we don't count in the lack of ideas.

Still, I realize that this happens me the most when I don't have some kind of obligation or deadline. I won't take as much time with other RPyer because I know there's someone on the other side waiting for response, and in sites where you have a deadline to send a profile it happens me the same. Porbably I just work well under pressure, like Mozart or electronics when you're making plans of dumping them and buy a new one :V

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Does anyone else get frustrated writing profiles?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus