Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Looking for some new RP

Witness

I've sort of fallen into the strange position where only a couple of my characters are in RP, but they're in RPs that don't allow for a lot of playing on the side, and the rest of my characters have either nothing doing or not much going on. I'd like to change that, and maybe get something going canonically for my chars, maybe a friendship/enemy or two, or perhaps a romance; I don't know at this point, it'd just be nice to have my characters connect with other characters. Here's a list of who needs some attention:

Jack Aldo Vindici-undead 1940s ex-Mafia hitman who plies his trade on the open market as a free agent. Works well in a modern setting, and due to his reanimate nature would flourish in a modern-fantasy or a supernatural setting. One thing about Jack is that he often has nightmares, and that he cannot enter churches or touch religious imagery or he'll be severely burned.

Relyn Varsyn-Terisian fisherman who's been stranded on another planet. He and Jack normally work as a pair when Relyn's in a modern setting, but he can work on his own and in settings outside of modern; he would fit in easiest in a fantasy setting, but sci-fi might prove problematic since he can only eat foods which are fresh and not made with chemicals or preservatives. He's a bit like a big puppy dog, so I am told, and he could use a little character development.

The Man in Gold/TMIG-ancient alien king with a serious chip on his shoulder, as well as a problem expressing himself. TMIG is my moodiest character, when he can be bothered to emote at all that is, but he's got a few redeeming qualities...somewhere. He'd be up for any sort of setting, and he can interact with almost any character, however there are two important exceptions: dragons or people who have a dragon form, and werewolves. TMIG would attempt to attack and kill either of those kinds of characters; if you think you can try and work with that, do so at your own character's risk.

John McInnes-my mundane character. John literally has no special snowflake qualities about him, except perhaps his overwhelming normalcy. He's a deputy sheriff in a rural California town and is quite serious about most things, even in his personal life; he would have to be in a modern setting, but I've already got him in a supernatural RP, so he can fit into a modern RP with some magic or fantasy elements in it.

All of these characters, save Relyn, are single and would be available for some degree of romance, but I'd prefer to keep things to the level of what is allowed for public forum RP for Jack and John, and set up a private group for TMIG if you had anything planned in the terms of romance for him. TMIG approaches relationships in a manner that's different from most people, and he would need to be in a private RP in a group for any sort of romance to unfold.

Please let me know if you had any interest in RPing with these characters, and hopefully I can get these guise some RP action! I'll still be continuing my RP with John, and Jack will still be in his private group RP, but I can multitask having those two in multiple RPs at once.
I am so tempted to put TMIG in my dragon world XP. It would be hilarious.

But other than that... Why not the hitman? I have a DarkWorld Setting that he would fit rather well in to.
Minerva

and suddenly, tmig's hatred of Luci makes sense (dragon forms). :x
Sanne Moderator

I'll have to dig through my characters and see if there's one who can play with yours.

Have you considered playing a female character at some point? That might be fun!
Witness Topic Starter

Drayle, PM me some info on the DarkWorld Setting and I'll get back to you on Jack. Sanne, I do have a female character, a Khajiit from the Elder Scrolls, but I had intended for her to be in a RP with another character on the site, Ma'Dat, found here.
Sanne Moderator

Way to make me jealous. D: Darnit.
Witness Topic Starter

Sorry, Sanne! :( I can start working on a new female character, a female Mirthean, to play. So far, I've really liked playing as Arnes, and it would be fun playing a new character type! Give me some time to come up with something, and I'll get back to you :)
Are you still looking? :)
Witness Topic Starter

I'm always looking, nikina! :) Did you have something in mind?
Well that depends on you lol. I have a possible rp in mind for John if there's room for one more under him. If not check mine out, and see if you like one of them.
Witness Topic Starter

John is available, for sure. Just send me a PM with the details, would you kindly, and I'll get back to you with exceptional promptness. :D

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Looking for some new RP

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus