Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » OHM Templates | Journal released, happy holidays!

Ohm Topic Starter

Toasty wrote:
Man, I love how clean these are. Def might have to get one, or commission one, for a Tinker or Mara.
<3 Thank you for getting Goldleaf! I would love to tackle a custom for one of them, oh my goodness.
Clove wrote:
I am in love with these

Please make more!

Also for ideas for themes based on words and feels-

Minimalist leaning to masculine themes
Tropical/rainforest feeling
Acclectic shop vibes
Lux and lush
Spiritually
Thank you! All of those are such great ideas. I love pushing how far I can extend pretty, responsive code so the shop template idea is really speaking to me. Maybe something cozy, yeah?

I've been debating to myself how best to design a masculine theme that still looks and responds elegantly. If you have suggestions or thoughts on that LMK.

Corvus wrote:
Lovely as always, dearest druncle!

Thank you beb, I appreciate you peeking in!

As a general update, a dark theme or two are being worked on.
I've had a wee think about dark themes. I think I've got an idea and some free resources you might be able to play with; think rich burr paneling, a masculine juxtaposition of modernity and clean luxury -- and they're not far removed from that general aesthetic.

I'll pm you them.
Id love to commission you for a new template for Unicorn ;;
Ohm Topic Starter

Fiebs wrote:
I've had a wee think about dark themes. I think I've got an idea and some free resources you might be able to play with; think rich burr paneling, a masculine juxtaposition of modernity and clean luxury -- and they're not far removed from that general aesthetic.

I'll pm you them.
Replied!

Unicorn wrote:
Id love to commission you for a new template for Unicorn ;;
Send me a PM with any information you'd like to include concerning a new template for Unicorn. :)
Ohm Topic Starter

tumblr_o6tq2itUk81rta7p8o3_540.gif

4hBDnDx.png

PRESENTING CANNIBAL, a sleek, richly textured theme with ghostly hover transitions inspired by the cinematography and graphic design of NBC's Hannibal. I wanted to challenge myself with a mature and bloody concept that still looks classy without overdoing it on the gore.

Available for 15USD.

OUmY72I.png

There are lots of goodies in the code like custom hr/divider bars, menus, and seamless mobile integration. See the hover transitions in action here. I might stick it on my RPR if someone wants to see the template in real time, but otherwise funnel any questions here.

EDIT: See it in action here! Thanks Izzie!

Other notes: added some more mobile-friendly code to Goldleaf. Thanks to the folks using it right now! If you notice any bugs on browser or mobile, contact me anytime.
Hey! c:

I just wanted to point out a small mishap!

The rpr profile using Goldleaf in your example is displaying the border incorrectly.
Here's a screencap of what it looks like currently!

ed1b444ce239c5032f2b4e453de9fc43.png
Ohm Topic Starter

Skye wrote:
Hey! c:

I just wanted to point out a small mishap!

The rpr profile using Goldleaf in your example is displaying the border incorrectly.
Here's a screencap of what it looks like currently!

ed1b444ce239c5032f2b4e453de9fc43.png

Thank you so much! I've taken a look and fixed it-- let me know how it looks (and if you can, what browser/s you're viewing it on.)
Ohm wrote:
Thank you so much! I've taken a look and fixed it-- let me know how it looks (and if you can, what browser/s you're viewing it on.)

It's looking perfect now!

c9b399e00aac852d5f34f9800284db33.png

I'm using the most up to date version of Google Chrome, by the way! c: I hope this helps!
Ohm Topic Starter

Skye wrote:
It's looking perfect now!

c9b399e00aac852d5f34f9800284db33.png

I'm using the most up to date version of Google Chrome, by the way! c: I hope this helps!

Swell, and it does, perfectly! Thank you! :D
Ohm wrote:
tumblr_o6tq2itUk81rta7p8o3_540.gif

4hBDnDx.png

PRESENTING CANNIBAL, a sleek, richly textured theme with ghostly hover transitions inspired by the cinematography and graphic design of NBC's Hannibal. I wanted to challenge myself with a mature and bloody concept that still looks classy without overdoing it on the gore.

Available for 15USD.

OUmY72I.png

There are lots of goodies in the code like custom hr/divider bars, menus, and seamless mobile integration. See the hover transitions in action here. I might stick it on my RPR if someone wants to see the template in real time, but otherwise funnel any questions here.

EDIT: See it in action here! Thanks Izzie!

Other notes: added some more mobile-friendly code to Goldleaf. Thanks to the folks using it right now! If you notice any bugs on browser or mobile, contact me anytime.

!!!!!!!!!
😍
Ohm wrote:
Clove wrote:
I am in love with these

Please make more!

Also for ideas for themes based on words and feels-

Minimalist leaning to masculine themes
Tropical/rainforest feeling
Acclectic shop vibes
Lux and lush
Spiritually
Thank you! All of those are such great ideas. I love pushing how far I can extend pretty, responsive code so the shop template idea is really speaking to me. Maybe something cozy, yeah?

I've been debating to myself how best to design a masculine theme that still looks and responds elegantly. If you have suggestions or thoughts on that LMK.

I think that having sort of a cozy, eclectic type of shop vibe would be wondrous; like a small hidey hole you find trolling off the beaten path of a city.

When I think of masculinity and elegance within the same sentence I think of clean marble and taught black leather. Or a well tucked suit, whisky neat and a good cigar. It could the same be also said of a woman in a dandy suit, with hair neatly tucked back and her fingers lined in silver rings. and eyes clear as a fresh lake.

/waxes poetic.

Where it is not over the top but still oozes that finesse. Hopefully those kind of ideas help a little bit in creating something such as that.
I am loving the cannibal! Sending a pm <3
Baila (played anonymously)

The Desert Garden link pops up the cannibal theme instead!
Ohm Topic Starter

Fiebs wrote:
!!!!!!!!!
😍
<3 <3 <3

Clove wrote:
I think that having sort of a cozy, eclectic type of shop vibe would be wondrous; like a small hidey hole you find trolling off the beaten path of a city.

When I think of masculinity and elegance within the same sentence I think of clean marble and taught black leather. Or a well tucked suit, whisky neat and a good cigar. It could the same be also said of a woman in a dandy suit, with hair neatly tucked back and her fingers lined in silver rings. and eyes clear as a fresh lake.

/waxes poetic.

Where it is not over the top but still oozes that finesse. Hopefully those kind of ideas help a little bit in creating something such as that.
Oh, you're giving me ideas. I might try to replicate the sleek interfaces of cologne lines.

Lyssic wrote:
I am loving the cannibal! Sending a pm <3
Replied! <3

Baila wrote:
The Desert Garden link pops up the cannibal theme instead!
Thank you for catching that! Fixed.
Ohm Topic Starter

tumblr_n22u5ir9uw1qidyw2o2_r1_250.gif tumblr_n22u5ir9uw1qidyw2o8_r1_250.gif tumblr_n22u5ir9uw1qidyw2o10_r1_250.gif

dBP68vm.png

PRESENTING SAHARA & BERMUDA
After suggestions for richly textured templates in both light and dark, here's a series inspired by the graphic design of various cinema. I loved the design of the recent PotC5 poster, and wanted to reimagine it into something cinematic for folks to use.

A still-flaming shipwreck sits at the bottom of Bermuda, as the galleon that sunk it sways in the distance. For Sahara, a bright oasis frames the footer and credit notes. See Sahara in action here, and Bermuda here.

NZgSrHn.png

Sahara and Bermuda are available for 20USD each, or 35USD together. (Yes, this carries over in the future if you want to buy one now, and the other later.)

Both templates are seamlessly compatible with mobile devices and come with fully custom textures and images created from licensed stock. Custom hr bars, a unique title card to display your character name and your's, seamless hover transitions, and more.

tumblr_n4wscyMZJ11rllulfo6_r1_250.gif tumblr_n4wscyMZJ11rllulfo2_250.gif tumblr_n4wscyMZJ11rllulfo1_250.gif
Ohm Topic Starter

NEWS TIME

1. I've moved all of my templates for easy browsing here. There are also links to other neat template makers doing their cool things there that I've been wanting to feature, bbcode resources, have at it!

2. Presenting WANTED & HIGHLIGHTER :D :

UKQCCvV.png
WANTED is a 15USD template inspired by lots of book and film posters, and crime novella covers. Mobile-friendly and designed to present lots of text in a chapter-like format. Closer look here.

639IB1x.png
HIGHLIGHTER is a free template focused on a 90's - 2k10's brochure aesthetic. Super lightweight, modern, and probably best for character lists, journals, modern characters etc. Check it out on my template catalogue-- if you need the link again, here.

Let me know any feedback, and thanks for taking a look!
I need to comm you for a custom one, truly!
Ohm Topic Starter

Lyssic wrote:
I need to comm you for a custom one, truly!

Sweet as always! Thank you for the kind words.
Ohm Topic Starter

Going through a post-surgery recovery rn with nothing but time on my hands so I made a template for the holidays :) :
BmidaMl.jpg

JOURNAL 10USD A little journal with optimized and licensed textures. Good for characters, or just a standalone diary. 10USD gets you access to not only the festive template, but another regular/nonfestive version-- use it now or when the season ends, whatever you like. After Christmas, JOURNAL will be 15+USD. See the festive version in action here. Happy holidays everyone!

C6LmZn5.png
Things to know:
- Mobile version for easy browsing on smaller screens, or if you just prefer smaller width browsing.
- Names seamlessly relocate themselves depending on name length or window size.
- Scribbled out link animations.
- Firefox does not support custom scrollbars.
- Custom Guestbook & Journal. I loved the idea of a custom guestbook where leaving new comments feels like leaving a sticky note in a friend's notepad, so I went ahead and built it.
- Gifs and images auto-resize.
- Bugtested in Chrome and Firefox thanks to a lovely bughunter.
Claine Moderator

Holy moly this template is beautiful!!

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » OHM Templates | Journal released, happy holidays!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus