Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Young King - Taurus Temple (ask)

Ash (played by Minerva)

He presented well, for a few months old. By Via's fashion his style was on cue: a casual black suit, untucked onyx shirt and a loose hanging crimson tie was familiar, but still free in style. He was a solid six feet as he emerged from the basement, a woman of questionable character hanging from either arm and laughing drunkenly as he sent them off. He tossed his head aside, drawing odd clatter of his bangs which hung in jagged bangs over his face, long braids hanging in stiff and unnatural position like a toy snake, segmented, black with red glint and too glossy, and the rest hanging well past halfway down his back. His face had subtle animalian features, slanting forward and bearing blocky attributes and hooked nose with apparently semitic skin and... Well, look at that: sunglasses, albeit not raybans. He had an odd love of the style. Done with their business, the women saw themselves out. Pleased with himself, he swaggered to the pews at the wall, dropping into it with a heavy clattering sound and fishing(c
Ash (played by Minerva) Topic Starter

fishing out a cigarette pack left by his lady friends. The smoke did nothing for him physically, but the gesture was itself addictive to him. Via just tried to tell him he had an oral fixation, but then volunteered nothing to help with that. (e)
Calyx Vanderbilt (played by Loki)

Calyx had been told of Ash's...passing by Gabriel, and he'd been stopping by the temples now and then to pay his respects. He's got on a dark green button down shirt, that had a pocket on the chest with a pocket protector and pens in it. Tan colored dress pants and some loafers completed his look, and he wasn't expecting to see...someone who looked a lot like Ash sitting in the Temple as he passed some...unsavory women as he walked in.

He's also got a doberman with a service harness on, and while the dogs fur stood on end when it sniffed at Ash, he was extremely well trained and he just took a seat at Calyx's feet when his master stopped dead to stare at Ash. He even pushed his glasses up his nose as if that would help, "I...thought you were...dead...?" He's a little confused, that much is obvious.

He displayed a small tick, foot kicking idly where it hung over his knee. Calyx earned a subtle turn of the head but no direct stare courtesy of dark lenses. "Nice to meet you, too." the voice wasn't near as haggard and time-worn as was remembered, nor basal with wisdom and age, but hit a somehow familiar tenor. "My being alive seems to stun many people."

Cal seemed confused, and a little hurt. "We've met before...quite a few times." He's obviously not getting what's going on, but he can see that something isn't quite right with Ash. "Are you alright?" He didn't even dare move closer, and for the first time since the time they'd met, Cal was feeling afraid of Ash. Duke shifted a little closer, leaning against his master.

Cal would set a hand on Duke's head, "Have I done something to offend you?" This definitely wasn't the same Ash he was used to speaking with!

Cal earned a series of nods and headshakes. Was he fine? Yes. Had he offended him? No. In fact, as if in some gesture of goodwill he extended the marlboro pack and gave it a flick to half extend a few smokes from it to offer it his guest's way. Regardless of answer it was set on the pew next to him. "Every day they come, speaking of our history. Every day, it remains a mystery. I find it hard to divide dream, life and fantasy. Which part you're from... Well, I'm afraid you'll have to tell me." he lifted his brows while exhaling a plume of smoke. "Ngh. These taste like Belial's asshole." from somehow poetic to utterly crass. They weren't his favorite vice, to be sure. Now how he knows Belial's asshole--hopefully that is some BAD figure of speech he'd picked up somewhere. Still, he enjoyed the gesture of holding it, and let Calyx say what he might. Yeah. Something was different, and not just his late twenty something gace, already sporting an at least once-broken nose.

Calyx shook his head in regards to the cigarettes, "I don't smoke." Calyx isn't really sure why, but something about this new Ash just rubbed him the wrong way. "I wrote a book about you. A biography. Maybe you should read it." Yes, go and read your own biography so that you know about yourself.

"It might help, might not. Has a lot of personal information, but some basic information too. So have you got amnesia?" Well, that was the best he could come up with, for how Ash was behaving. He didn't really like it at all, "I used to bring you lemon bars." Because that was totally going to help Cal. He'd shift awkwardly and he's pushing his glasses up his nose again, not sure what to do or say.

"As useful, I imagine, as a biography of a father. Useful, yet somehow intangible." he shrugged and folded the box shut. "...I might say you knew my father." well... He... Kind of had. "I wouldn't mind lemon-bars, myself." he hinted with a grin. "The book may be worthwhile... As I died before I was born, after all." an obvious statement, but valid none the less.

Calyx shrugged, "You were the one just saying that people came by and you didn't know them. I thought the book would help." Calyx doesn't say anything about bringing this Ash lemon bars, because he wasn't entirely sure he liked him yet.

He'd squint up into the rafters when Ash says the book might be useful, "I think it's up there." He'd point up, "See the stacks of books?" Both Ash and Gabriel had copies, at least one of them had to be up there with the rest of the books.

He stared upwards. "...That's a dill." he had... No good way to get at it, and a man made of essentially thick glass was not advised to try to climb the walls. "Via." pause. ...no answer. "Via!" ...was currently babbling inanely and trying to talk Ferous down in another plane entirely. He looked disgruntled. "I don't imagine you know where I could get a ladder? ...or, maybe, lack a fear of heights for me to give you a boost?" yeah, no magic waving of the hand to get what he needs. Cal didn't look that heavy.

Calyx shook his head, "I don't know about a ladder." Ash was calling for someone and Calyx just looked at him like he was weird, "I don't think that's going to work. You might want to try using a phone." He'd never seen Ash summon anyone like that before, even when he'd been more himself.

Cal wasn't that heavy, he was short and shrimpy, and he'd shrug, "Sure, if you think you can lift me. I'm not afraid of heights." Oh look, the one thing he wasn't scared of. He's not thinking about the fact that Ash is going to have to touch him, "That or we could go back to my place. I still have some ARC's hanging around."

"No... That's how I call for... ...nevermind." not worth explaining. "ARC?" that was... Foreign to him. He shrugged, walking towards a cluster of books in the rafters. He squatted to start. "Clim aboard." nevermind that he felt hard as a rock, and volcanic in warmth.

*climb

"Advanced Reader Copy. You get them sometimes when you write a book." Ash says to climb up, and Cal turns to his dog, "Stay Duke." He'll let go of the leash, and the dog whines, but he does as he's told.

"You're...really warm. I don't think we ever touched before." Normally he was terrified of touching other people, but...he'd known Ash for awhile, and it's not like Ash could do much from this position besides drop him.

"...I wouldn't know where to find it." the... ARC. Still, he reached up and went for about the waist area first with his hands, so when he stood and Cal did on him, there was a sturdy brace. It probably didn't help his next comment sound innocent... Which it only halfly was. "Really. That doesn't sound like me." well, it was pretty evident to him his elder self had his promiscuity, too. Beneath the suit it was a stony feeling--or, well, glass. "Can you see it?"

"...they're mine. I have them at home. I was saying I still had a few left from when the book came out." But he was being hoisted up, and Ash's comment makes him snort, "I'm not your type." Actually, he didn't know if that was true or not, and he didn't really want to find out. "We had a professional relationship." He's skimming for the book and then, "Aha!" He'll carefully try and grab it off the stack, so he didn't knock anything else over.

"You know, I always did wonder what was with this little canary up here. It's not one of your symbols...that I could find anyway. I guess you probably don't remember now huh?" He's holding the book to his chest, "I've got the book." So Ash could set him down now.

"...oh." well, color him embarassed. Still, he took to kneeling. "Hah. You weren't my sire's type. I'm still discovering mine, mm?" or at least trying to discover what -wasn't-. Still, kneeling down, he made for an easy dismount. "...I'unno." okay, a little lazier grammatically despite Ferous' attempts. "Why is there a flaming chicken on a goat at the door? Unless it's a commentary about cock."

Cal would climb down off of Ash and he'd present him with the book, "The historical information might not be as useful to you as the interviews in the back. They're with people you know...knew?" He's really confused.

Something that Ash said came back to him though, "I really don't think I'm your type either." He'd move to go and take Duke's leash, "I think I asked Asa about the door in his interview. If I didn't, I'm sure he comes by. You can always ask him yourself. He's the asian man that comes in with Gabriel...the person that built this place for you."

Well at least the name Gabriel might seem similar to him, if nothing else.

"Gabriel doesn't seem fond of me." He passively flipped a few book pages, one making a near-rip sound before he had to reign in his touch. Some areas he had learned finesse. Others... were still pending. Being made of rock was fairly ironic, past considered.

"Wouldn't even let me get my own alcohol." He muttered, skimming a few pages. "I don't have any, yet, that aren't my type."

Calyx seemed completely confused by that, "I can't imagine why that would be. He built this place for you. I would have even said that he loved you, though he never said anything to me about it." Cal cringed when one of the pages ripped, but he didn't say anything. It was Ash's book to do with as he pleased.

"Why not?" Concerning the alcohol, Calyx would let the other discussion drop, it was making him feel uncomfortable. Towards the back of the book Ash would find the interviews, Gabriel, Asa, Ivana, Luci with a few comments from Ferous scattered in that one, along with a few others. He had tried to find everyone he could with a personal connection to Ash.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Young King - Taurus Temple (ask)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus