Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Willow Creek High

Jay Hepburn (played by JijiTheJaguar) Topic Starter

"Oh, mhm." She started. "I said that once, next thing you know my friend and cousin are still blowing a trombones in my ears." Jay pulled out her phone and started playing a game. "Either way, you'll still have to interact with people."
The Lyfelds (played anonymously)

At Jay's words, Alan broke out into a full-on smile. What was he doing? Sulking wasn't going to get him anywhere. Nothing would ruin his first day of school.

"Jay's right. You may not want to hang out with us, but you're gonna have to learn to talk and interact with people eventually. It's high school." he reminded her, holding up his index finger while he explained.
Jolene (played anonymously)

This time, Jolene didn't respond and instead looked away, opting for her surroundings to capture her attention instead.

Jay yawned once more. Did she have sleeeping beauty syndrome or something? She turned off her phone, and slipped it in her pocket. She put her hands behind her head.

She decided to look at her shoes, and just let the silcence pass by.

"..." An awkward silence dawned on the trio. Alan coughed silently before glancing back at Jolene again.

"I'm Alan, by the way." he said as he offered her a friendly smile. "What's yours?"

"..." Jolene tried to ignore him but felt like he wouldn't leave her alone until she cooperated.

"My name is Jolene. Refrain from referring to me by anything more and anything less."

"Nice name," Jay complimented. "Also, I have no promises about calling you wacky names." She was best known for her clever nicknames.

"I'm Jay," The brunette replied. "Call me Blue Jay, Mocking Jay... whatever, I guess."

"I assume your duo name shall be Ajay, then? Anyway" Jolene awkwardly tried to change the subject, "You said you two know each other?"

Jolene wasn't planning on listening and instead hoped she just talked to herself. "So, tell me about that."

Alan actually let out a laugh at Jolene's joke, whether it was intentional or not.

"Ajay, huh? I like that. But to answer your question about us two, I'm assuming that you're asking about how we met." He put a finger to his chin in thought.

"Well, I think it happened when we were freshman. It was a partner assignment, and since Jay was acting like a her usual self," he paused, glancing at Jay. "That is, being extremely rude to anyone looking her way, nobody asked her to be their partner."

"And so I, her white knight Alan Lyfeld, humbly strode over to her, got on one knee, and offered her my hand in marriage." he joked, raising a hand into the air while clutching the other one at his chest dramatically.

"So, yeah that's basically how it happened. A match made in heaven." he said with a smirk on his face, aimed towards Jay.

Jay slightly chuckled. "Yea, that's about it.... I guess..." She looked ahead, saw the tall School in the distance.

"Yay, we're almost there...." she sounded a bit disappointed. She became even more tired due to the fact that she was close to the school.
Alex (played by UselessCatt)

(Hiya, may I join? If so, how can I start? :))

(Sure, it's cool! The more the merrier! You can start by chilling outside the school or something like that, or however you wish to start! It's up to ya!)
Alex (played by UselessCatt)

(Alright, cool thanks!)

Alex walked out of his home, saying goodbye to his mother. He took out his headphones, placing them in his ears. His music was so loud, you could hear it blaring through his headphones. He stuck his phone back in the pockets of his hoodie, and began walking toward the school.

He was really disappointed summer was over. He didn't want to start school again. It was something he always hated, as he was really shy. He didn't really like talking to people, and often people would come up to him in attempt to start a conversation, but his shyness would often scare people away, as when he first meets people hes very silent, and gives bland answers.

The school wasn't too far away from his home, only about a block away. He walked past the group of kids, barely acknowledging them, as he wasn't really paying attention. The music in his ears were blaring too loud, that it was hard to acknowledge the kids he had just passed.

Jolene sidestepped to let the school boy pass. When he had, she moved back to her original position.

"Hmmm, that's it?" Jolene questioned. She decided to humor them by seeming interested. "Just like that? I was expecting something a little more dramatic. You didn't protect her from bullies? Give her your lunch because she forgot hers? Nothing cliche like that? Just...you walked up to her and proposed?"

"Yea, that's about it." She stifled a chuckle. "Just walked right up to me. Though, I probably snapped at him afterwards..."

Jay watched the boy walk to the school. She wondered if he would become a 'friend' sooner or later.

Alan politely greeted the person who walked past them, but the person ignored him due to the music blasting in their headphones.

"What were you hoping for?" he asked Jolene. "Did you want me to battle ogres, witches, and other mythical creatures before I rescued her from a castle or something?" he asked with a smile.

Jolene shook her head. "Well no, but...nevermind." She resumed her silence.

That wasn't how she thought friends worked. You didn't just walk up to a stranger and say "Hello." and then instantly become friends. Friends are made through a shared emotional experience; the same could be said for all relationships, really. Anyone who didn't follow those rules couldn't call themselves as friends.

And they think we'll be friends...idiots. Jolene clenched her teeth in anger, looking at the ground while walking.

Alan gazed at the girl's angry demeanor and couldn't help but smile wider. She seemed like the type to push people away, but he knew that deep down inside, she was actually longing for this kind of interaction. And he'd be more than happy to provide it to her.

She'd open up to them eventually. He'd make sure of it.

Jay looked at Jolene, and sighed.

Being like that won't get you anywhere, you'll just make it harder to interact with people. But hey, I can't control your thinking. She thought, and blinked a few times. As they walked, crowds of students started to appear.

"Well, I guess we're here..." She remarked, looking as friends reunited with one another and people recited their schedules.

"Alright then, so where do we get our schedules?" Alan asked quizzically.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Willow Creek High

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus