Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » A fox?

Keera (played by EonRising)

Who would like to RP with a fox kit?
ThunderWolf12

I would like to unless you don't want to because we are already doing one. I am making a wolf pup character.
Auroch (played by Minerva)

Got a wolf with the body of a grizzly and the brain of a pup, if you ever wanna do something. His only hitch is he never leaves Wild Territory.
Keera (played by EonRising) Topic Starter

We could do a 1x1x1 RP, all three of us :)

Would your kit or the pup ever venture towards the wild lands in Auroch's profile? The furthest he ever leaves it is the yashins, and they have a portal in the middle of the wilds. Hopefully the pup isn't an orphan?

Well, I dunno about thunder, but I can simply say that Doc died and left Keera alone so she started wandering.

Oh, I wouldn't wanna make anyone have to mess up their continuity. :)

Well, it wouldn't be a real death, it would be an RP death. Keera isn't about to just run away from my insane doctor.

Well, it's all RP. But I play in continuities, alternate realities just lead me to disappointment. I like to know that the story built really impacts characters, doesn't just flush away the next day... Then it feels like the RP was for nothing. :( if it's only some bubble reality where doc happened to die while she was still young, it's hard to feel like any of it "sticks". And of course I can't ask you to actually say he dies, or make you do something out of character to the character. Maybe we can play something else some day. :)

Let me think... I've seen RP's where someone has a human character and then a pet character and for the simplicity of the RP when they only want to use the pet they just kill the master off in the first post. I could simply do that with Keera. Doc still would have affected her, he would just no longer be present.

I'm happy you're trying so hard to find a way for us to play, but... I don't think it'd work out. :) again, alternate realities aren't my thing. A lot of people around here do it so it's okay, it's just not my preference--and I wouldn't demand you actually kill him off in main story. That would be mean and selfish. I'm glad you want to try, but it seems like these two just aren't compatible right now. Maybe some time we can come up with a better worked out pairing that has some good relevence. If Thunder wants to play the pup with me some time, and it works out okay, I'm open to that. :) Sorry if I disappointed you!

:( It wouldn't ruin anything. What happens in one RP doesn't have to affect another...

That defies my personal RP ethic. Characters and their places in stories are mutually intertwined to me; a character removed from its story and placed in another reality loses his development. Who and where we know and have been determines a great deal of who we are. My character growth is always dependent on my character's past actions, and how other people interact with them. Making constant spawning alternate realities stunts or even erases the character arcs I love to make. :) without this, Zenthus wouldn't have had the impact in the final battle he did or his retirement, and ash's battles with his brother and their rebirth would have their meaning lost. If I had ignored zenthus creating Wehfre in one setting, it would have mucked up the works--maybe Auroch would have never been born. I don't mind other people playing like that but I try to avoid making "reality conflicts", as I don't have a lot of time to RP and I always need to know someone, something, is developing and making the writing worthwhile. :)

I won't argue with your logic...
ThunderWolf12

Ok I finished my character. What are ya'll talking about?

He doesn't wanna RP simply because for me to use Keera as a standalone character, I'd have to kill Doc. His argument makes perfect sense but I'm disappointed to say the least.
ThunderWolf12

Oh, I'm playing as a stand alone two. Thunder parents abandoned him as a pup.

Well, Keera is always with Doc in any RP I use him in, but for me to only use Keera, I don't feel like the homicidal doctor should be present.

I'm sorry I disappointed you. :( I'm glad you understand my reasoning, though. The new wolf pup probably doesn't have a reality to have to bend around, so you and I can probably play, Thunder. However, I don't want to take you away from Keera, so you two enjoy. :) when you're ready, PM me and maybe he can end up connected with the Wild Pack.
Thunder (played by ThunderWolf12)

That sounds cool. I could do a private RP with you, Auroch if you are not going to do one with Keera and me.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » A fox?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus