Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Corvos Consolari *CLOSED*

Moira was halfway into her second drink before she spoke. "Plan? Stabby stab stab, then get paid, that's my plan!"
I shake my head at Moira and chuckle a little. I never should have given her my drink...

I put a hand on her shoulder and give her a concerned look. "Moira, oh dear, I think it's time for you to slow down. A plan consisting of 'stabby, stabby, get paid'? Not your best work."

I look to Harlan seated across from me, and raise an eyebrow. "Maybe it's best if we discuss plans in the morning, huh skit? My beloved cousin here needs a decent night's sleep if she's going to be any type of coherent tomorrow."
Harlan Devalur (played by maxbegone) Topic Starter

I sighed. "Fine. We'll...talk about it on our way out tomorrow."

The chair creaked as I leaned back into it. "Have a good night. I need to think here for a bit."
The next morning, Moira was thanking her elven heritage for resilience against hangovers. She took a deep swig from her waterskin and splashed some water on her face, then sat down to inspect her equipment. Her bow was still in pristine shape, as always. Her quiver was full, all the arrows crafted by her own hands; she ran her fingers over the fletching, feeling the soft feathers.

She looked up at Manon, still asleep, and decided it wouldn't hurt to get some early morning hunting in, and slipped her boots and cloak on and headed silently out of the room.

Harlan had gone to bed just after midnight. Moira had trudged drunkenly upstairs with the help of her cousin, and Manon seemed rather unaffected by the strong alcohol they had all shared.

Harlan was the first one up; insomnia, in this case, was a pretty lucky thing to have. The sun had barely begun to rise, the main part of the in north was mostly empty, save for a few sleeping drunkards and traveling merhants. She grabbed the hottest mug of tea she could muster and downed it.

Manon came down the stairs and Harlan waved her over.

"Morning. You're missing someone."
It was an...adventure getting Moira upstairs the night before but she had clocked out the moment her head hit the pillow, and so did mine. Things were about to get interesting, not that they never were, but we were headed in unknown territory once again with a stranger. I mean, the last time I got paired up with people I didn't know it worked out pretty well. I found Moira, found a family. It was just Moira and I now, and it hurt to think of the others but maybe this was a second chance.

A second chance at what, I don't have the slightest idea.

After wiping the drool from my chin and noticing the lack of Moira and her bow in the room I combed my hands through my short cropped hair and readied myself for the day.

Upon making my way downstairs I notice Harlan who waves me over.

"Morning. Uh yeah, no amount of alcohol could keep Moira from her morning hunt. She'll be back shortly."

I sit across from her and give a smile to the nearest worker who walks over and I order myself a nice warm cup of tea. Once the beverage arrives I blow at the steam for a moment and look up at Harlan.

"How'd you sleep, skit? Ready for the big day?"

"I'm as ready as I'll ever be. But will you stop calling me that? It's...childish. I don't do childish."

I drained the rest of my tea. The wood panels creaked a bit as the building settled in the morning wind. A barkeep walked past and collected my mug to refill it, she brought it back moment later.

"How did you end up in these parts? Do you travel for work? You have family to get back to, I'm sure." I kicked my feet up onto a vacant chair.
I scoff at the remark. "You're allergic to fun. Got it."

Before Harlan can throw another insult my way I make with the questions she'd asked.

"These parts? Same as you I assume, we needed the work. Moira and I were part of a larger group but," Oh the part I hated talking about, the part that hurt the most. "Well it's just us now." I traced my index finger along the top of my mug and let out a deep breath. "As far as family goes...let's just say that Moira's about the only person I've got left that I can count on."

I look to Harlan and give her a questioning look. "If I had to guess I'd say you've been on your own for quite some time. Running, perhaps?"

I snorted. "That obvious, huh?" Yes, Manon, I have been on my own for a very long time. But I've managed."

I took a sip from my mug. "I have been on my own for most of my life. But I've taught myself everything I've needed to know. I've gotten good at haggling, at trading. Taught myself how to aim..."

My mind was racing, thinking back on my mother, my father, leaving Herentem.

I looked towards the door then back at Manon. "That's all I'm sharing."
I slipped in quietly to find the two younger women talking. Finally, I thought to myself.

"Hey cuz, nice to see you finally got Sunshine here talking!" I didn't wait for the scowl that was sure to be forthcoming on Harlan's face, but instead turned to the waitress to order a mug of tea. She handed the steaming mug to me, and I raised it to my lips, pleased at the warmth after such a cold, dreary morning.

I sat down with my two companions, leaning my bow against my chair. "Okay, so I looked at the map of werewolf sightings, and it's a fair hike from town, so if we leave here soon, we should get to the area just before dark, perfect timing. That sound good?"
Baldan Foehammer (played by Arcol)

From a distance, Baldan could see the city stretch far below his standpoint. He was surprised the Werewolves hadn't caught up with him yet. "Possibly eating the stores I left behind." He thought to himself as he marched down to the city, unaware of the dangers that could possibly be there. He arrived at the gates, bestowed the wares he had left, and took them to the shop, called the "Jack of all Trades" for some reason. Must have been the original owner's name for it, which stuck like honey to the walls. He opened the door, leaving his earned treasures right outside the door. "Morning," he said to the owner, "I've got the hides you wanted, along with some weapons from my forge in the mountains. Is that all you need?" The owner looked at him, then at the cart outside with the supplies latched upon it. "I'll take it off your hands," The owner told him, "But there is the matter of your reward. Follow me." He led the Dwarf to the back room, locking the door behind him. Baldan, confused as to why he was back here and not in the front, asked, "What are we doing here? I thought we would exchange in the front." The shopkeep went to his private lockbox, opening it with a key, and drew out a gold pouch. "Here we are," he finally replied, "Your pay of 500 silver and 200 gold pieces, with a platinum coin for arriving early." Baldan took the money, said his thanks, and left the "Jack of all Trades", heading for the tavern nearby for a nice mead. Meanwhile, the workers took the cart to the back and began unloading.
I coyly, but playfully, 'whisper' to Moira as she approaches us. "Psst. Moi. She's allergic to fun so we can't give her nicknames."

Moira gives me a raise of her brows, she knows. We're not giving up on this one.

I nod at Moira's idea and hop a leg onto the seat of a nearby chair and cross my arms at my chest. "I'm game. What about you skit?"

I rolled my eyes at the name. This was going to be an ongoing thing, wasn't it?

"Alright. Yeah, that sounds good to me. We need to get some supplies first though; food, maybe potions." I stood up and put my hands on my hips.

"I'm packed and ready when you are."
I set my empty mug on the counter before nodding my head towards the door and heading out. I started to lead the other two towards Nadia's, a non-descript building where the best, and cheapest, potions could be found. Nadia's was a no questions asked kind of place, Harlan would like that...

I shook my head when I saw the building, remembering the first time I ever came here. I was sent by the Council on a job, and blundered my way through it like a rampaging animal; it was a miracle I didn't end up dead. It was only through Nadia's stern intervention that I made it out of this neighborhood alive. Good times.

I stopped in front of the building and nodded at the other two women. "Keep your wits about you in there, you never know with Nadia's clientele."

The shop was harboring a draft, from what I could tell. The lady behind the counter looked middle-aged with wirey brown hair and a set of broad shoulders.

Moira seemed to already be acquainted with the shopkeeper so I stood my ground and clutched the list in my hand.

"Good morning, madam."
"Madam?" Nadia barked. "Madams run whorehouses!" She let out a raspy laugh that shook her small frame.

I tried, and failed, not to snicker.

"Nadia, she was just being polite, you know, like some people do..." I pushed my unruly hair out of my face and approached the counter. "Good to see you, Nadia. This is Harlan, she's working a job with us, and you remember my cousin, Manon?"

"Of course, the witch..."

"Sorceress, but yes."

"So what grand adventure is the Council sending you on now? I suspect you'll be needing potions? Anything else?"

"Whatcha got for werewolves...?"

Nadia gave me a sharp look. "I've got some silver talismans. Oh, and some herbs that will repel the beasties. Wait here, I'll go get them." Nadia disappeared into the back of the shop, and I turned to the rest of the group.

"Weapons after this? And then what else?"

I leaned in to Moira. "We need to pick up our orders from that blacksmith, but other than that I think we're alright. Is she always like that? She's terribly...blunt."

I made a face and jerked my head in the direction of the back room.
As soon as I walk into the shop I find a clear spot against a wall, letting the other two in my party take point. I make a displeased face when Nadia shifts to me. Witch.

When she disappears I push away from the wall and walk up next to Harlan. "Unfortunately, yes."

I let out a small sarcastic laugh. "Although I do prefer that she voices her displeasure to my face rather than be given shifty looks behind my back. Witch...yeah right. You know, I'd understand if she got it wrong a few times but we've been here far too many times now for it to be accidental. Don't you think so, dear cousin?"
"I never said she was nice," I said with a frown, then turned to give Manon a kind smile. "Don't let other people get to you, cuz; their opinions don't matter."

Unfortunately, despite my wishes, we didn't exactly have enough allies to afford me knocking out everyone that talked shit about my dear cousin, no matter how much I wanted to.
I let out a deep sigh and return Moira's smile. "You're right - they don't." I motion towards the shop's entrance with my head. "C'mon, let's get what we came for and be done with this place. "

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Corvos Consolari *CLOSED*

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus