Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Extra Gallery Images

Aearion (played anonymously)

Much like there's an option to purchase extra character slots, maybe it'd be an idea to purchase extra image slots as well in the same fashion. I enjoy collecting art of my RP characters, and 10 certainly isn't enough xD No idea how much for how many extra but, it's an idea.
Yes, by purchasing an Epic account. "Upload 30 extra gallery images per character" More information here: http://www.rprepository.com/upgrade.php
You get more gallery slots and additional character slots plus other perks.

Or just purchasing extra image slots instead of going Epic, is that what you mean? Because I think you'd be getting a better deal with just purchasing an Epic account.
Sanne Moderator

Purchasing extra character slots are permanent, I think she's suggesting extra gallery image slots bought outside of an epic account would be permanent too. The perks of an epic will expire after x months, these options wouldn't. So if she's only going to make use of more space in an image gallery, she'd be better off purchasing that option only rather than pay for an epic account when she won't be using its other features. :)
Rhuben (played anonymously)

Quite so, Sanne; I believe Senny is on the lookout for permanent image slots.
I have to say that it's not at all a better deal to purchase an epic account when only one of the perks is going to be utilized.
Perhaps an image slot bundle might be available for purchase in the future? I think I'd enjoy an option like this as well.
Certainly, assuming all Senny wants is just additional image slots then that makes perfect sense.
Why I said it was a better deal was that there were additional perks and actually more photo slots available.
Kim Site Admin

I'll start by pointing out, free accounts actually get 20 gallery images per character these days. I increased the limit for everyone when we moved servers to reflect the decrease in bandwidth costs. :) If you're having trouble going over 10, please contact me ASAP so I can get that sorted out for you.

Back to the original topic, I would very much like to add purchasing more image slots as an option, and I'm sure it will be along shortly. I'm still trying to figure out a fair and reasonable price for that, as "10 more images per character" could equate to 10 more images for 1 character, or for someone with 20 characters (which is now quite possible for someone with extra slots and/or epic status) could mean 200 potential extra images.

I want to add extra pages as an option, too, although that's slightly further out as it will require some rejiggering of the editing pages.
Aearion (played anonymously) Topic Starter

@ Kim: The 20 images thing wasn't working yesterday, so I'll test it out today and see if it works! Per character sounds easier, imho. Because at least with me, I know there's only some characters that I will art a lot. Some don't inspire me enough to draw them frequently, or to cough up the G's... some, on the other hand, do (Pulchra has over 100 images <,<;).

@ Rhuben & Sanne: Coooorrect. I've no need for extra character slots, as I don't actively use that many characters. I tend to cycle through them, retiring some (thus freeing up slots), semi-activating some, etc. Aearion's just my newest brainfart that I utterly adore. I wouldn't really use any of the other perks x.x
Rhuben (played anonymously)

@ Aearion: I know just what you mean. My characters are so little and so rare that I don't need but a few character slots.

@ RP Repository: You are such a good site. Yes you are! Come, let Uncle Rhuben pinch your cheeks.
Kim Site Admin

Aearion wrote:
@ Kim: The 20 images thing wasn't working yesterday, so I'll test it out today and see if it works! Per character sounds easier, imho. Because at least with me, I know there's only some characters that I will art a lot. Some don't inspire me enough to draw them frequently, or to cough up the G's... some, on the other hand, do (Pulchra has over 100 images <,<;).

I've tweaked a few things today that may have been causing limit issues for some people. Try again and let me know?

The thing about selling extra images per character is that lots of people do the cycling thing, using a character for a little while and then deleting it, and I wouldn't want them to lose their investment in image slots every time they want to switch main characters. It would be simpler for me and more valuable for the users to sell upgrades that apply to every character you have, now and in the future.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Extra Gallery Images

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus