Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Perhaps We Are Not

Alice (played by CookieLurv)

"We can't be friends can we?" She poked her reflection in the water. Her tail hovered over her back and her belly was flat against the grass. "No we can't." She tilted her head with an awkward smile that resulted in a small fang to indent her lip. "No one stays with Alice. Nope." She giggled as she watched the ripples fade. Then she looked up to the sky with her pink hued eyes and was entranced by the clouds that moved slowly across the blue atmosphere.

Law #386: Friendship is not allowed. We must be subtle with our emotions.

She sighed and dipped her head into her folded arms and let the sun warm the fur on her back. "No friends for Alice, no friends for anyone..."

Year 5006,
There will be many changes for this century. In order to insure that peace is balanced there will be new laws passed. Anyone that breaks these will be exiled from this beloved city into the wastelands.

Law #1: There will be no such thing as a holiday. History will be erased from today forward.
Law#2: We are to be separated from our counterparts. Marriage is no longer a freedom. Instead tests will be given and a match selected from results.
Rule #3....

(To anyone joining, please be at lest a little literate and have a few sentences. Four will do fine, I want to keep this interesting.)
Dane (played anonymously)

A male walked by the area,wearing a jacket with the hood over his head.He was looking up at the sky,his white hair shinning slightly.He didn't notice her though.He had a dog tail that would wag.He sat on the ground,his tense and slightly pale hands circling in the grass.Thoughts ran across his mind and sadness grew over him.

His blue eyes pointed down at his legs.Having a spiked collar around his neck,he seemed like he was owned.
The brown haired girl walked around the area, humming to herself, her emotions blank and the tone cheery. She sighed, looking at the sky as the sand below her lift her up to a near tree branch. She jumped off the sand plate and stood there, looking around. She spotted a couple of people and stared at them. 'People...?' She thought, keeping the tone up-beat. She hate keeping that black stare, makes her seem stupid.
Alice (played by CookieLurv) Topic Starter

She tensed as she saw the glint of a collar. If more startled by the fact that it had an owner. Then another person passed by. Where are they coming from? She looked from the direction that they might've be going. Maybe they were like her, just...being. There was nothing anyone could do without upsetting some kind of law. She couldn't speak out to them for fear they would report her of trying to be friends as well as a number of other laws.

Dane sighed.He struggled to get his collar off but couldn't.Dane looked around and saw them.He tilted his head.His thoughts going wild.He was a mere slave.He lays completely in the grass and watches them with intrest.He slowly inches towards them,kinda hidden in the grass like an animal about to catch its prey.His white tail wagging in the air.He was almost like a human puppy with a tail.His dog ears were covered by the hood on his jacket.He watched them both with a smile.He hadn't seen anyone besides his mistress befor.

Her eyebrow raised as a question seemed to be riveting to the front of her mind. What was he doing? Alice stood, short for a girl, but right now standing up was the only option. The boy seemed lost and yet wild minded so she didn't know if he needed mental attention. Her tail swayed to the side of her as he got close enough to see his face. "Um, hi." Was all she could say without risking punishment from the law. Her ears folded back. If he got her in trouble she wasn't going to forgive him. She had been without friends for years now and having a false hope plus banishment was too much to handle right now.

Ears poked up from under his hood."Hello,Madame." Dane was a really smart person,it's just he acts like a dog.He sits in front of her,his collar close to choking him but his eyes were lively and happy.If he stood up he would be around 6 feet 8 inches. He crawled closer and smiled. "Wow you're pretty." He tilted his head.
Taki stared at the two, watching quietly. "Is he being nice?" She thought, tilting her head. She kept watching. The sand around her slowly went down to the side and slowly creep near them. She closed her eyes and saw the two as the sand on the ground turned into an eye. She watched the two, still humming the soft tone in her head.

She forced herself to be nonchalant and bored so that they wouldn't be in trouble. "Don't get out of line." Alice whispered hotly. "You will get us in trouble." She tried taking several steps back to insure distance and security. Alice hated being rude. Her nature wanted to hug him and take the collar off, be nice and ruffle his hair. But the past her couldn't come out and play anymore.

He whimpered and backed away.His collar getting tighter around his neck.He looks down and sits down."Sorry." He put the hood over his hood and his tail went down in sadness.

She bit her lip and went with an impulse she knew that she shouldn't have. Kneeling down, she wrapped ger arms around his body "Aww it's okay. It's okay" she rubbed his back. Alice couldn't stay like this because as soon as she let go, the law came over the hill. Hopefully they didn't see that.

He blushed and smiled,his tail wagging a lot.He nuzzles her cheek and smiles."You're nice.Others would report me by now,and my master would have beaten me again." He smiles and keeps nuzzling her.

She tried to make it seem as if he wasn't touching her. Luck was on their side fortunately and they went without so much of a glance. Sighing with relief she look back down at hom, ruffling his hair "Who is your master?" slavery wasn't uncommon here. The rules had allowed such a horrible thing. Though some would buy them and secretly help them, but those unfortunate were beaten. Like him.

"His name is Kuya.If I unleash my powers,my collar will choke and shock me.So I don't talk much." Dane smiled his collar slightly loosening with his neck scarred and burned.

She knelt down to his level and touched his neck, her face filled with sorrow. "Is there any way to take it off?" Alice looked up at him. Her ears back in anger and frustration, but her face showed sadness. Then the law came back again seeing her this time. "Halt!" One shouted and Alice jumped. Her heartbeat had sped up tremendously. "What are you doing ma'am?" He sauntered up to them as if he owned the place. He was incredibly tall and menacingly so. She practically shrunk in fear. "Uh, um..." What does she need to say to get them out of this.

"I was uh, putting a collar on my slave. He has been running away a lot and this collar should prevent him from doing such." The man looked at her closely, up and down. Grabbed her by the arm, pulling her up against him and smiled. "You should be a slave yourself, why anyone would love a creature like you to play with." Her eyes pink eyes widened and tears were starting to develop.

The law had a right do that, take anyone who would seem pathetic and put them slave facilities to be bought. They got profit from it too. "I think I might just do that, and I won't have to spend a cent." He dug out his own 'personalized' collar and was getting ready to put it around her exposed neck.

Dane growled his collar getting tighter around his neck. As fangs and claws started to appear. His collar choked and shocked him but soon snapped. His eyes turning red and a demonic roar was heard from him. The process would hurt him but he had no choice.His body shifted into a giant wolf. It was about 6 feet taller than the male. He used his paw and stepped on him. "You will not be touching her."

The Law wasn't easy to beat, but being stepped on like that without any warning or preparations he was easily mushed into the earth. "I will...be getting you." He pointed up at him then his eyes flicked to Alice, "And you will be put in slavery and suffer. I will personally enjoy it..." He passed out in the dirt. Alice rubbed her bruised arm and looked up at what was the boy not only a few seconds ago. Then she smiled, something that she hadn't done since she was five. A real smile. Not one she would fake to survive.

Dane first did something dirty and wrong by urinating on the male and then scraped his feet back,getting dirt on him.He was shocked himself that the collar broke,and he hated the rules that they had made.He was againts everyone of them and stayed that way.He finally shifted his body back into his half human form.He pulled his hood over his wolf ears and his white tail stood still."Are....you ok?" He softly touched her bruise and looked down,knowing it was his fault.

"I'm okay. But I'm starting to think that living in the wastelands is far better than living here..." she look at him with sorrow. "Cause being without friends is too hard." she tried to ignore the fact that she wanted to laugh at what the boy did to the man, but knew if they stayed too close they would be cast out. What was it really like out there? Maybe people found a way to live.

He felt bad and looked at the sky.He got down on the ground again,sitting like a dog."Let's get out of this place...people like you and I belong elsewhere." His eyes showed no fear but they were weak.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Perhaps We Are Not

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus