Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Show tagline in character page.

Sanne Moderator

I often wonder how many people will actually get to read the tagline! It only shows up in a search or character listing, but people who click the profile link from the outside will never see it. Doesn't that seem like a bit of a waste? :(

I think it would be cool if we could have the tagline appear somewhere in the character pages!
Kim Site Admin

This is likely to show up in future templates, but the current batch of templates were mostly designed before taglines were even possible and so don't include space for it. :(
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

Well that makes me sadface. :(

No way you can shove it beneath the character name or something, like the "played by x" line?
Kim Site Admin

Sanne wrote:
Well that makes me sadface. :(

No way you can shove it beneath the character name or something, like the "played by x" line?

It's possible in some of the templates, but not all of them.

Keep in mind that some people write big honking taglines. Like, half a paragraph rather than one sentence. A mini life story would look pretty odd jammed at the top of every page. Including them visually is a design challenge since they can range from a single word to a lot more.
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

Hmm... it might be too much effort for a silly tagline, but maybe an option to toggle it..? <.<

I feel bad suggesting that. It hardly seems worth it. XD
Kim Site Admin

It's actually not a bad idea. I'd want to find a way to cram it into every template if it's toggled, though, and that'd take some doing. There's, what, 40 templates that'd need revision? (And ~15 more waiting to be released.)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Show tagline in character page.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus