Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Town of Alnston [OPEN]

Aspen Bell (played anonymously)

Welcome. It's the year 1842. Slavery is still on going. And few people are rich. Welcome to the town of Alnston. Most humans here know not to be out past 9pm, though some don't have any where to go. Those humans are the unlucky ones. During the night is when most creatures prey on humans. The creatures hide in the shadows, you never know when they're there. All sorts of things live in this town. The thought that no one is safe is what scares almost everyone. Some people don't need to worry though, why? Because some people know what dwells in the shadows and sunlight, they know everything all to well.

It was 8:15pm, the night air was chilling as a slight breeze made it seem cooler. Aspen sat on the roof of one of the small town homes. She had her knees to her chest and her arms wrapped around them. Her sleeves covered her cold hands as she took a deep breath. Aspen sat and watched the towns people rush to get home to their families. She felt a sudden chill run down her back, she knew that something was coming.";
(Would you care to have a vampire?)

He was in a mood. Worse than usual. His nightly hunting activities had been unusually lacking recently and the craving for blood was driving him mad. Mad enough that the voice insisting humans weren't prey had shut up. For the moment at least. It never did go away completely, usually coming back full force as soon as he had fed to laden him with guilt.

He hissed to himself as he stuck to the shadows like white to a moth. He wanted food. He wanted blood. He wanted to feed. But no one was lingering long enough to afford him a quick bite.

And then one sorry soul tripped and tumbled. It was just a young girl, an innocent youth whom fate had chosen to overlook. And Kai was nothing if not opportunistic. He seized his chance--dashing out through the shadows, his dark cloak billowing out behind him like wings, as he struck.

The girl never had a chance to scream as he buried his fangs into neck, picking her up as he did so to continue the feeding somewhere more private than the middle of the road.
Aspen Bell (played anonymously) Topic Starter

[Sure ^^]

Aspen seen a movement on the ground from the corner of her eye. She quickly looked that way to see a man with a younger girl in his arms. Aspen wanted to ignore them knowing she needed to finish a task her master had asked her to do earlier that day, but she couldn't ignore her curiosity. She got up and swiftly ran across the rooftops closer to the spot where she seen the two. Aspen moved quietly, almost silently. She had always been light on her feet and good at jumping.
Kai had carried the little girl over to a nearby shadowy spot, where he continued to feed on her. In his bloodlust he was only aware of his target and her ebbing movements as death claimed her.

At last he dropped her lifeless corpse to the ground, two gouge marks indicating what had transpired, before shaking his head and coming back to himself with a start.

Wiping his arm across his mouth, he dispersed the blood that had collected on his lips before turning to look around him with renewed interest. Life had come back to the deadened vampire and with it, the little voice that riddled him with guilt over what he'd just done.

"Oh shut up already," he muttered to himself.

Aspen jumped on to the roof of the house that shadowed over Kai. She stood on the edge of the roof and looked down into the shadows of the night. Aspen's eye's looked emotionless as she searched the scene. She couldn't see anything from up high. She jumped down into the dark, her long blue sleeves flapped in the wind as she fell to the ground. Aspen landed on her feet in a crouch, she quickly stood up and looked around. Aspen didn't care to speak much unless she had to.
In the midst of his blood lust he had been blind to movement or indeed anything but his prey; now however he caught the movement and he swiveled, narrowing down where his target had landed.

Only partially sated with blood, he wasn't ready for a fight. But he drew himself up, drawing his cloak around him.

"You didn't see anything," he warned her.

Aspen looked Kai dead in the eyes, her silver blue eyes shining in the moonlight. She nodded slightly then looked away from Kai. She knew that her master would want to know what happened, but she also knew he would just tell her to shut up. Her master had always been that way, saying one thing then disregarding it later. Aspen's emotionless eyes scanned the scene one last time before she looked back up at the black haired man.
Blake Numara (played by Trowa)

(Hope you don't mind if I join?)

Someone had been reported missing. Someone was ALWAYS reported missing, and Blake ALWAYS got sent to go look. Not like it ever did any good. Most of the time it was far too late and whatever had caused it had left. That just left clean up. Blake was GOOD at clean up and that's the only reason he wasn't ostracized himself.

Sighing to himself and wearing the local guard colors he walked to where the incident had been reported holding a torch. Except there was nothing for it to burn. A flame seemed to floating in his hand. Sure enough there was the area where she had fallen. Seems to have been carried off. "Always carried off to somewhere unpleasant." he sighed. Following what few signs there were he walked cautiously to where everything was leading. He was stunned to not find a grotesque scene but instead two individuals and the girl that had been reported missing. And she wasn't moving...

His eyes glowing in the slight shadows caused by the flame that was held aloft he sighed wearily and said, "Okay, which one of you did this and why?"
(OOC: Jump right in!)

Her silence irritated him; perhaps she was too terrified to speak? But the way she met his eyes too cleanly belied the idea that she was afraid of him. He growled, taking a step towards her. If she wanted fear, he would be more than happy to give it to her.

And then suddenly they were no longer alone in the alley. He spun in surprise as the voice carried towards them. Between the fire and the stranger carrying it, fear traveled down his spine, and he bared his fangs with a hiss on instinct. He hated fire; and took yet another step back towards the woman.

"What is it to you?" he asked, even as he looked for a way out. Why hadn't he fed more?

Aspen wasn't bothered by anything that was going on. Her face still showing no emotion. She looked over at the man who had just arrived. She looked him over quickly noticing he was in one of the town guards uniforms. From that point, she knew she would end up getting home late. She was wore out and didn't feel like running from the scene.

Aspen looked around silently to see if there where any quick ways out. She sighed quietly, there were no simple ways out of this scene that she could see. Her eyes danced around the area one last time. Then she looked the guard in the eyes, the same way she looked Kai in the eyes. "Move." she asked the guard bluntly.

His eyes lit up in recognition. "Vampire, eh? I get that reaction a lot." He said while extinguishing the flame then looked over to the body of the girl. "Dammit, why couldn't you get someone who deserves it?" He sighs again. "Look I've seen my fair share of vampire attacks, and you seem pretty tame. Probably just doing what it takes to survive, eh? Look I don't want to have to fight, it's really not in my nature. Tell ya what, I'm sure you're more than capable of finding me again, how about I let ya go if you come back to me the next time you have to feed huh?"

Moving to the side of the alley he continues, "As far as my commander will be concerned, this was just another lost cause. I'll clean up here." He looks to the girl, "Sorry by the way, I was just trying to calm him down first. I won't detain either of you any longer, though I have to ask, what brought you out here. I think I've seen you around before."

Aspen stayed quiet as the man spoke. The moon shined bright indicating that it was getting later. The time she had to finish what she had to do and get home was running short. She watched as the guard moved. Aspen sighed not wanting to seem rude, she knew she should answer the guard. "I'm supposed to be finishing a task for my master. Though I keep getting distracted." she replied before walking toward the exit of the ally. She was still in no mood to run.
Delias Flynn (played anonymously)

[Could you use a quirky mutant werewolf in this 'ere RP? Or are ya stickin' to ye three?]

(Of course! The more the merrier! ^^)
Delias Flynn (played anonymously)

(Right then, however I will wait until Kai and Blake reply to set an order. That okay?)

(Alright. Yeah that's fine.)

(I'm sort of hinging on his response to further everything. Sorry.)
(sorry my schedule is all over the place)

Kai was thrown by the unexpected offer and he narrowed his eyes. An invitation to come to someone when he was hungry? Did this person not care about being in the same room as a vampire who was unable to sate his blood lust?

"Why would you offer to help me?" He wasn't sure that the man didn't mean to kill him later after all. It was certainly the first offer he'd had in, well, ever. Of course he was suspicious.

He looks at the girl as she passes. He was sure he's seen here SOMEWHERE before. Ah well, to the matter at hand.

Looking at the vampire with a sort of weary look he says, "I'm offering to help you because I don't like to see innocent people hurt, and you've got to live somehow, right? There are some people this town could do with a bit of disappearing." He grimaces at this.

"Besides, I doubt you could help what you became, seeing as you're still rather civil. The ones of your kind who embrace that change tend to be a bit..." He waves his hand in a rolling motion "Unhinged?"

"If you wouldn't mind stepping away from the body I can show you what I do. " Blake says slowly walking forward with his hands at his sides. "Eh, you may wanna step back around 10 feet or so. It's normally pretty controlled, but it's been known to, er, splash a bit?"

She didn't think twice on leaving. Aspen sighed quietly to her self as she darted away. Her feet moved swiftly as she ran. She didn't want to be home late. Aspen knew this town like the back of her hand. Every little inch of this towns set up was stuck in her mind. All she could think was to get home without any more interruptions.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Town of Alnston [OPEN]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus