Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Print / Save option for pages and topics

Sanne Moderator

Something like the Print Character Sheet option for characters, but for topics and individual pages instead.

Sometimes I want to save a roleplay topic for reference or safekeeping. Sometimes I just want to share a single page with a friend. I can save the pages as HTML, but they can take up space if saved as full HTML pages or look weird and messy as plain text files.

Highlighting, copy and pasting tends to make for a funny format with unnecessary text for the reply buttons as well and if you copy multiple posts at once, they kind of stick together in a messy way.

It'd be super nice if we could save the entire topic with one click on a button in simple text or simple HTML format, where it won't look weird because of a missing stylesheet. And it'd be super nice as well if we could do the same for a single page, rather than the entire topic.

Is this at all possible?
Kim Site Admin

Some topics are (no joke!) so long that they will crash browsers and lag the server if displayed all at once on the same page. I'd want to have a really good workaround for that before attempting this.
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

Oh man, didn't think of that.

What about single pages? :) Would that be doable and then expand to full topics if there's a viable workaround for it in the future?

Edit: I have a whole bunch of ideas but I fear they only work in theory and are too tough for practical use.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Print / Save option for pages and topics

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus