Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Hunter's Rest

Avary and Connery (played anonymously)

[ OOC: I really hope my posts aren't too long or dragging on too much. Please let me know if they are? ]

He looked between the two of them with a growing curiosity. The tension in the air was interesting to him. He had only a vague notion of the differences between humans and elves, but pride had a lot to do with it, that little he knew.

When Connery slipped from the tree, he found himself of nearly the same height as either woman. Give or take an inch, they were all able to look into each other's eyes. He answered Myna's questions with a smile before making a small bow. "Lady Beriadanwen, Lady Myna. My name is Connery. The lovely bird in that tree is my wife, Avary."

Ave ruffled her feathers a little on the branch and wordlessly sent him love. Although he didn't understand the word Beriadanwen had spoken, he was more wary of her than the elf. He followed the hawk with his eyes and didn't see the flying squirrel looking at him when Avary flew down from the branch and managed to shift mid-flight. She landed with a soft thud and immediately moved behind Con, placing both her hands on his arm and, unlike him, was entirely unclothed. Not that there was anything to see on her, besides her lovely coloration.

"We're just birds. Our... love is the reason we possess this power to change." Normally she would be far more outgoing and cheerful, but Con's nervousness about the human and her hawk affected her too.
Beriadanwen (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Beriadanwen stepped back a few paces. She felt uncomfortable, scared. There were so many people here, so many people looking at her. It was only the three of them, but Beriadanwen had never been much for people. She swallowed hard, "So. Why are you all here?" It was rude, brash and completely out of character for her, but she said it. She spoke it. She wrapped her arms around herself, scrambling after the gauntlet when it was dropped.
Myna (played by PenGryphon2007)

Myna flinched at the arrival of the second bird-turned-human. "Just birds; but no birds can shapeshift."

And then she stiffened some at Beriadanwen's question. "I'm just passing through," she murmured quietly, not meeting anyone's eyes. Her hand dipped into a pocket where a single seed that fit in her palm sat, waiting patiently to be planted. She had a mission after all.
Avary and Connery (played anonymously)

"Then I guess you are wrong." He looked from Myna to Beriadanwen while growing more annoyed. "Does it really matter why?"

He flinched a little at the jab in his side from Avary, who saw the squirrel and had trouble focusing on anything else. Don't be so rude! They're as nervous as you're edgy. He grumbled a little and straightened. "I'm sorry. We're passing through as well. Your hawk," he said with a gesture towards Beriadanwen, "was a reason to come down to the trees. I don't like them near my wife."

After all, he knew better than anyone else what a hawk ate. Avary's eyes hadn't left Myna's squirrel.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Hunter's Rest

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus