Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Simple (OPEN)

Laney Elyse (played by MissUndeadKisses)

The day was young, a light breeze making the sun bearable. People moved in great herds as they moved down the sidewalks, heading to their homes, work, shopping, just about anything really. Normal day in the city.

Today happened to be Laney's first time to the city, fresh from high school and ready to make a living out on her own! She had just got an apartment downtown and was sight seeing. Looking at all the things her new home had to offer.
Cole Labonte (played by Bertie-McBert)

(( Hello! I hope it's not too late to reply to this, seeing as it is December. But better late then never, I suppose~ ))

Cole walked down the street, carrying a paper bag filled with paints. Mostly, the bad had acyrilics, but there were also some oil paints visible on the top. He held a receipt in his hand, comparing it to a list of things he needed to buy that he'd written down that morning. As he walked, he didn't pay much attention to his surroundings. He walked into a young woman on the sidewalk while she waited for traffic to stop at a red light. "Oh, Christ, I'm sorry." He said, mubling a few 'aw hell's under his breath.

He wasn't very hot, per say, but he was easy on the eyes. He was a bit older than she, around his late twenties. Dark brown hair was gelled up out of his dull blue eyes, his 5 o'clock shadow from the night before somewhat neatly trimmed, more or less looking like he'd tried to put effort in it but really didn't want to. His grey-black shirt, meticulously pressed and starched so that not a wrinkly was present, made a soft chafing sound as he knelt down to pick up his things. Tubes of paint were scattered around him, a rainbow of colored containers as well as a new brush set that spilled onto the sidewalks. The man looked weary and tired, as though he'd not slept the night before. "My apologies again, miss." He repeated.
Laney Elyse (played by MissUndeadKisses) Topic Starter

A light blush crossed her plump cheeks. "Oh, well... it's really alright you know? Big city tons of people, you know?" Duh... of course the man knew, he most likely lived her. Laney smiled and bent down to pick up his things and think of what else to say.

He was cute, she digged the scruffy look, plus he was artist, like she was! Guys where never Laney's strong suit by a mile, but it couldn't hurt to talk right? She stood up and stuffed the paints back into his paper sack. "I should have been paying attention too you know? I'm Laney. New to the city... I'm not use to the hustle and bustle."

Laney wore a blue T-shirt with a see throw back, a sort of hip shirt. She also wore a pare of white shorts that fit her nicely. She had a type of wild and free spirit about her, a grunge style.

"Cole. Lived here for around three years." He smiled, thanking for her help as she gathered up his paints. He stood, streching out his back as he did, a few pops being heard as the pressure relieved itself. "Don't be intimidated by the 'hustle and bustle'. Just a bunch of people with no where to go, really." He looked at her up and down very quickly, not wanting to seem rude. She was pretty, he would admit, but she seemed a bit too young for his tastes. But hey, she looked like she needed a friend out here in the big bad urban world. He was more than glad to offer advice. "What're you here for?" He asked. "School, new life, work, all of the above?"

"Well, have you heard of the magazine Snaps? I got a job offer about a week ago and moved on up here. I'm a simple photographer." Laney gave a proud smile. "Though I can't seem to find something worth the pictures. I have to make a new article." Laney had lost her muse, her keen eye on taking photos of people lost in the muddle of bored faces here in the city.

Laney couldn't help but notice how attractive Cole was. She was only 18 but she always had good taste. The thoughts of that though where pushed back as she put the last of the paints in his sack. "So... Your a painter, huh?"

"Yes, I am. Actually.." He studied her for a few moments. I'm looking for a model. Would you be interested? I'll be willing to pay you, of course." He gave her a charming smile, hoping she'd accept.

'Modeling?' She thought to herself. Something she never guessed she would be asked anytime soon, and money... THAT MONEY! She needed to pay bills like everyone else, and sense she had no photo's to take for work it couldn't possibly work. "I'm not a model by any means... but I have nothing better to do... I accept." Laney said in a soft voice.

He smiled, writing down his number and address on a piece of the paper bag he tore off. "Meet me there tomorrow, 9am sharp." He gave her another smile, then went on his way. Pft. Artists.

((Time skip? ))

{Yep.}

Laney made her way to the artists house, Cole's house. Not only was it something new and fun, but Cole was very easy on the eyes. She made her way to his door, tapping at it softly. Today she brought several sets of clothes, not sure what look he wanted and her hair down.

(( I'm so sorry! I never saw the message that you replied. ))

Cole answered, smiling. He wore the same things as he did the night before, just a different pair of jeans and a different color button down. "Morning." He brought her in, leading her to his studio. The studio was small, obviously just a room in his apartment. A canvas was already set up, along with a plain dark blue backdrop.

"Go, sit however you like. I won't make you pose. Wear whatever you like as well." he said, figuring her extra bag to be clothes.

Paintings of previous models, both men and women, were scattered about the studio. On the walls, leaning against walls and tables, everywhere. Some were posed in front of a backdrop, like her's was to be, others were more intimate and looked like morning after pictures. A small minority were of one woman. They were set up as if it was documenting her throughout the years. THe last one, she looked to be through more than half of a pregnancy. It was obvious that this was someone of importance to him. "My late wife." He said simply if she looked at it. "Car accident, few years back.."

"Im sorry to here that... a shame... she was beautiful." Laney said softly as she gazed at the lovely woman. Laney slid off her shirt and into a pretty red shirt, nothing crazy or out going... just simple. Clearly she didn't mind just changing right there, she was never one to be afraid to shoe her belly.

Laney sat, leaning to the wall, her face soon being lost in deep though.

He was already busy sketching her out on the canvas in pencil. "So, dear, what do you enjoy? Time goes faster with conversation." He smiled.

"The arts. Photography being my one true love I guess you could say." Laney smiled at all her work. "I've always wanted to come to the city, which I have done now, and be a famous, world renown photographer." She tried not to much. "I know thats hard enough though."

He smiled at her. The young ones were always the ones filled with the wildest dreams. He hoped they achieved them. "You'll get there, dear."

"You say that, but we both know what will happen." She still smile though she said bleak things. Laney was almost always smiling. "So tell me, why me? You could, and have painted a lot, painted any other girl in this city."

(Can we take this to private message? I'm having a hard time keeping track of all my rps that are on forum)

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Simple (OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus