Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Art Bribes for RP! (Furcadia)

You heard me- art bribes. Follow the link to find out how to get yourself a free sketch of any character with which you join muh dream :3 Feel free to contact me here via message or on the board via PM if you have any concerns or questions!

Wyvern's Cove
The cove is a lush tropical setting on the southernmost island of an archipelago. Between treacherous tropical weather, the danger of the vast reefs, and the volcanic nature of several of the islands it's got a lot of potential for casual small events to give our players something to react to. That doesn't mean that there won't be larger events, though. Between the use of live edit to create the effects and npcs for a given event and the use of region-based emits, I'm hoping to give people a new look at interacting with the setting. People will be encouraged to explore the island, and have the opportunity to make peace or war with the different cultures of native to the islands.

I think our real selling point though is that I've done my best to create a setting that characters can be easily altered to fit, putting everyone on even footing together. Hopefully it'll appeal to new and old players alike, as well as giving freeform and dragonlands canon a nice hybrid setting to play together in.

Time Period
The Isles themselves are not especially advanced, even then, being isolated, though the port itself is convenient to several trade routes and makes an excellent stopover to resupply a bit and get fresh water. The port itself is quite the bustling city to support the crews of the ships that funnel through the place on a daily basis, but surrounded by smaller frankly rustic villages of lizard men and backed by dense jungle and an occasionally smoking volcano. The islands of the archipelago are ringed by treacherous layers of coral reef, which generally require a native guide to bring a ship through without running aground, serving as good protection against most attacks, a defense all too often necessary for a free port.

The dream itself is set in the mid-sixteenth century- 1550 or thereabouts. It is an age of ships and exploration, thriving trade and piracy on the high seas... but not yet an age of invention. Wheel lock muskets, pocket watches, even the odd flush toilet has been created by now and most of the bugs worked out, but we are not advanced by a long shot. Bottle beer won't even be invented for another decade or more, much less anything fancier.

Setting
The Isles of Wyvern rest in the southern hemisphere, creating an optimal waypoint between Kasuria and distant southern reaches of Drakoria. While certainly there is a shorter route to the north, the taxes are high and the seas thick with pirates. Let's nevermind that those of the southern reaches would be forced to ship their goods to the northern side of the continent! To those willing to accept a longer voyage by sea in exchange for a shorter voyage by land, te choice is obvious. With the rulers of this little cluster of islands more than willing to turn a blind eye to (or even relieve one of) their unsavory cargo for the right price, the option to travel through use of this particular waypoint becomes all the more tempting.

Travelers meanwhile find the ease of passage (and the freedom from the laws of other lands) to be a fine reason to visit the industrious little port town. Let's nevermind that most of the islands are completely unexplored atop of being home to strange natives and stranger wildlife.

Climate
Thanks to their volcanic origins, the islands share a mountain range along their western edge. The southernmost of the isles (and naturally, the one with the port town, how do these things always happen?) is the location of the only known active volcano, but who's to say there aren't more? After all, this is quite the cluster of islands for one volcano to claim to be the source of their birth. As for wildlife, the larger part of the isles house rainforests and thick jungle, the rampantly overgrown greenery at times linking the smaller isles together.
";
TheLily

If I were actually active on furcadia, I would join. Can you describe a bit more about the dream? I'm doing about a billion things right now and a little bit of description of the dream would be helpful, even if it's only a few points.

Also, I love the picture on your signature on your website. Totally epic.
ferabird Topic Starter

I can indeed! Let me just cheat like a champ and snatch up my little promo nonsense from the last time I was advertising.... I'll edit my cheesy stuff into the first post ^_^
I'm so coming!!!! <3
Who wouldn't come Jag? <3
I have been wanting to continue playing in Furcadia, even after the last yacht club incident. And since there is oh-so-lovely-art being given away as if it were water, I am highly interested~ Though my character may have 3 different parts to her, and those aren't limited to head, shoulder, knees, or toes~
TheLily

I will see what I can do maybe with my existing characters (I have so many!) and go from there. :) I really like the idea, but I'm always shy about joining.
Ben Moderator

This place is awesome. I'm parking an alt here :D
I check in with my application'd character everyday, but if there was ever a question of loyalty, it would be my appearance rate in the dream~ I...cannot seem to locate it within the vastness of Furcadia~
Minerva

I should check back into Furc.

On the topic of finding a dream:

Have you thought of making a summon bot? Wherein a player whispers a join command and they issue a summon for the player to join them regardless of location? I haven't tinkered in furcadia bots in like seven or eight years but I don't think it's that complicated.

As for characters of mine that'd fit there... I dunno. Auroch's only good in ferals, and Rumea's on high level magic grounds, and Zenthus... eh. He's technically retired but alt timeverse could work for me. But I'd also feel bad cuz he won't have his dragon anymore.
A summoning bot would be interesting~ But what threw me for a wild goose chase was the fact that the dream is titled The Isles, and as a subtitle, my goal, Wyvern's Cove~
may check out this dream
ferabird Topic Starter

Apologies on late answers! I do at times have the summon bot up, but until I get a new desktop it won't be properly reliable. The dream stands just southwest of the street corner in imag, nestled against the little huddle of trees there :3
I have a character that I think would fit[none listed here on RP repository] and I'd love to come and visit.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Art Bribes for RP! (Furcadia)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus